Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Designable modular stone stairs, with shape options

by marvine Posted 16th Mar 2008 at 10:39 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2008 at 5:32 PM by marvine : Added manual install instructions

159 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Instructor
Original Poster
#101 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 10:07 PM
Ragus, when you say "manually put it in a folder", did you unrar the file? I'm not sure how the Q-Xpress install works, but the rar files should be extracted with a rar extractor.
If you don't have one, you can download a free rar extractor like 7-zip or the trial version of Winrar.

As an alternative, you can copy the text pasted below:

Quote:
#Marvine_rockstairs

modularStairs 301
objectID landing 0x00063E8D
objectID placeholder 0x00063E8C
objectID step 0x00063E8E
objectID topStep 0x00063E8B
objectID bottomStep 0x00063E89
catalogTextIndex 301

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 2:39 AM
I would like to say thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been scouring downloads sites for something like this since forever and nothing has come anywhere as close to what I was searching for as this does.

Now I am off to fix up some of my lots (rubs hands with delight)
Test Subject
#103 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 9:33 AM
This is incredible, thank you so much for sharing
Test Subject
#104 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 10:59 PM
Magnifique ! Thanks a lot to share all your genius works Marvine !
Test Subject
#105 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 5:34 AM
Holey moley Marvine!
You've always made beautiful boys, but you've outdone yourself! These are absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to make a mountain sanctuary for them. Thank you so much for all of your exceptional quality work!
Instructor
#106 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 10:30 AM
These stairs are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you very much! I agree with Sadisticpyro: they are like the graphics in Oblivion, which I love. :-)
Forum Resident
#107 Old 3rd May 2008 at 4:13 PM
wow, thanks so much. these would look great anywhere outdoors, even on the beach!

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Forum Resident
#108 Old 6th May 2008 at 2:52 AM
Unbelievable!!! Thanks these look amazing, can't wait to try them out in game!!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Field Researcher
#109 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:49 AM
Just toooooooo COOOOOOOOOOL!
Test Subject
#110 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 9:00 PM
this is pretty cool
Instructor
#111 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 9:59 AM
Another wonderful idea! They look very realistic. Keep up the good work, Marvine - it's very much appreciated.
Pickles

* Pickles *
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 3:35 PM
My god Marvine, is there no end 2 ur talents..... first the spiral stairs (which in my opinion Maxis ripped off of urs with the new ep Apartment Life) and now these stairs!!

I will never stop worshipping u dude! Carry on with these outstanding creations For if u stop simming then the simming world would b at a loss!
Scholar
#113 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 11:35 PM
Fabulous ! I don't believe I've missed it till now.. why am I always the last ? Why is nobody telling me ?
Thank you very much !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
The ModFather
retired moderator
#114 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 8:27 AM
A smart idea, created in and efficient way, with astonishing results... like all your creations!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#115 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 6:29 AM
Great work! Awesome!

"There's no greater proof of ignorance than to think that the inexplicable is impossible."

S. Bilard
Field Researcher
#116 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 9:59 AM
wow!!!!

thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Test Subject
#117 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 12:31 PM
I have a problem when I place it, It says "Can't place top landing"
What shall I do ?
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 8:17 AM
Forty Years Later During Thanksgiving: "And that, kids, is when Marvin got the greatest idea ever..." **whispers** "She tells this story EVERY year!"
Test Subject
#119 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 11:34 PM
Thank you! I've wanted to build my own Hogwarts castle for ages but I didn't have any good stairs to match the movie ones, and thankfully, now I can do it!
Inventor
#120 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 11:24 AM
Just perfect!
Test Subject
#121 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 9:11 PM Last edited by TabbyCool : 23rd Jan 2009 at 9:18 PM.
I downloaded the stairs after installing Scriptorium, but didn't get a Scriptorium shortcut - should this be included in the download? I'm off to find my Scriptorium folder to dump the script into!

The stairs look great though, thanks

Edit... Ignore me, I'm just being dense, found the shortcuts in my main downloads folder!
Test Subject
#122 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 12:23 AM
I feel absolutely stupid asking this, but which file do I download? These stairs are amazing...I won't give up until I find out! =)
There are 4 files...do I download all of them? Or just one?
Such a confused child =)
Test Subject
#123 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 3:21 AM
It says compatible up to FT. Has anyone tried these with AL? And if so, were there problems?
Scholar
#124 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madformods
It says compatible up to FT. Has anyone tried these with AL? And if so, were there problems?

Ineuit said they worked fine in AL,

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#125 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 3:12 PM Last edited by Gingerxyz : 13th Apr 2009 at 1:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ineuit2
It works perfectly fine in AL (for me at least), so possibly you could change that?

Works fine in M&G too

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Page 5 of 7