Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HQ Texture Converter - version 2.7.0.0 - updated 2/14/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:35 PM - Updated 14th Feb 2023 at 5:12 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

247 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 219 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 10
Top Secret Researcher
#101 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 8:30 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 15th Dec 2018 at 1:44 AM.
So far so good, 84 packages done out of 226 and still going!

Edit: Hasn't crashed yet this might be a winner. On 195 out of 226 now. So far so good. The real test will be when I convert all my hairs lol.

Edit2: It worked, no crashing and did all 226.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#102 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Edit2: It worked, no crashing and did all 226.

Good news! So far so good.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Good news! So far so good.

I got an error message. And now it seem stuck on a package. It is stuck on gramsims' formation dreads. I've attached a picture of error message and the file it got stuck on.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gramsimsFormationDreads.zip (17.86 MB, 9 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#104 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 3:27 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 15th Dec 2018 at 4:23 PM.
I got an error message. And now it seem stuck on a package. It is stuck on gramsims' formation dreads. I've attached a picture of error message and the file it got stuck on.

The specular in that package is either corrupted or is compressed in some unrecognized way. s4pe and CASTools won't export it to a file and Sims4Studio crashes when I try so I can't see what's wrong with it. I replaced it with a blank for you.

I'll look at having the converter skip packages that have errors like this.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gramsimsFormationDreadsFixedSpec.zip (17.88 MB, 4 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Top Secret Researcher
#105 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 4:04 PM
Thanks! Also, how did you replace the spec with a blank one? I have a few other items from that creator and I'm wondering if they have the same issue too.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#106 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 4:21 PM
Thanks! Also, how did you replace the spec with a blank one? I have a few other items from that creator and I'm wondering if they have the same issue too.

I used s4pe. It'll show you an error in the preview but you can right-click on the file and click Replace, and select a blank .rles file. (An .rles file that's the complete specular, not a pair of .dds or .png images.) I've attached a blank in case you don't have one.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4_BlankSpecular.zip (258 Bytes, 6 downloads)

Top Secret Researcher
#107 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 7:17 PM

I used s4pe. It'll show you an error in the preview but you can right-click on the file and click Replace, and select a blank .rles file. (An .rles file that's the complete specular, not a pair of .dds or .png images.) I've attached a blank in case you don't have one.

Okay I got the same error again, but this time the rle2 were busted, only 1 was fine. Once I deleted the other rle2 it converted the first one and rles just fine. So for some reason s4pe and s4s didn't like the files.

I attached the original file so you could look at it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Laupipi_Daniela.zip (1.09 MB, 3 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#108 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:31 PM
Looks like the same problem. In CAS the only swatch in the package that works is the one with the texture that's fine, so it seems to be badly made CC. I'd like to figure out what the problem is and how it got that way but it's not a priority.

Top Secret Researcher
#109 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 4:25 AM
Looks like the same problem. In CAS the only swatch in the package that works is the one with the texture that's fine, so it seems to be badly made CC. I'd like to figure out what the problem is and how it got that way but it's not a priority.

Okay thanks. For some reason my game has been crashing, but only when I leave it open and not play it, I will minimize it and ignore it for an hour sometimes more, and then all of a sudden I see it crashed. It can't be an hq problem, can it? That's the only thing that is new, but I didn't edit my graphic rules yet since I'm still converting cc.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#110 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:40 AM
Okay thanks. For some reason my game has been crashing, but only when I leave it open and not play it, I will minimize it and ignore it for an hour sometimes more, and then all of a sudden I see it crashed. It can't be an hq problem, can it? That's the only thing that is new, but I didn't edit my graphic rules yet since I'm still converting cc.

No idea. You're not replacing CC while the game is running, are you? The only way to find out would be to remove all CC and if that fixes it start adding it back in, which is always a pain.

Top Secret Researcher
#111 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 2:30 PM
No idea. You're not replacing CC while the game is running, are you? The only way to find out would be to remove all CC and if that fixes it start adding it back in, which is always a pain.

Nope I am not. It also might be because my sim household has 14 sims lol. That's my guess. But it doesn't crash when I play, just when I leave it to idle. It's weird. Oh well I'll figure it out. Thanks.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#112 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 2:38 PM
Nope I am not. It also might be because my sim household has 14 sims lol. That's my guess. But it doesn't crash when I play, just when I leave it to idle. It's weird. Oh well I'll figure it out. Thanks.

Yes, it's mysterious that it only happens when idle. I'll have to try it sometime.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#113 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 2:56 PM
Version 2.3 uploaded, fixing the random crashing and adding subfolder batch processing.

Test Subject
#114 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 5:01 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question - will this program convert HQ automobile (cars, trucks, etc) files to a standard quality? The HQ ones sometimes seem to get stuck (or take a long time) to load. Thanks for any feedback.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#115 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Compuzak
Sorry if this is a dumb question - will this program convert HQ automobile (cars, trucks, etc) files to a standard quality? The HQ ones sometimes seem to get stuck (or take a long time) to load. Thanks for any feedback.

This tool is meant only for CAS items, not objects, sorry. I think TS4 objects don't use the same image file formats as CAS stuff.

Test Subject
#116 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 1:14 AM
This tool is meant only for CAS items, not objects, sorry. I think TS4 objects don't use the same image file formats as CAS stuff.

OK. Thank you!
Test Subject
#117 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 4:07 AM
Sorry, I'm only just now seeing this! I've just been dealing with and pushing through the random crashes. Haha! So glad to see you've got it all figured out! Very excited to give this a go tonight!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 12:04 PM
Came back to report my progress! I converted 534 packages over to HQ, with sharpening, all in one go and it did every single file without crashing or giving me any issue whatsoever. It took about 8 hours to do all 534, since obviously I chose to sharpen the textures as well.

I LOVE that you added in the option to include subfolders. That has saved me so much time! I was going through and making the subfolders on my own, and things were getting confusing. So this new feature is incredibly useful. I just choose the main folder, the output folder, and it literally remakes the entire main folder, but in HQ.

Thank you so much for taking the time to fix that crashing, as well as adding more to the mod itself. You've made going over to the dark side of HQ so much easier. Many applause and bows your way.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#119 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 5:48 PM
Thanks so much! I do try to make my tools convenient so it means a lot to have that appreciated.

Top Secret Researcher
#120 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 6:45 PM
I've been noticing some transparency issues with clothes once the conversion is done. It like little tiny lines that are see through. It's weird, I tried to take a picture of it but it's hard to see. I've attached it just in case.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#121 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 9:54 PM
I've been noticing some transparency issues with clothes once the conversion is done. It like little tiny lines that are see through. It's weird, I tried to take a picture of it but it's hard to see. I've attached it just in case.

I'd have to see the before and after packages in order to say anything meaningful about it.

Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:09 AM
I'd have to see the before and after packages in order to say anything meaningful about it.

Ah I don't remember what the dress was and I don't know if I have the original or anything. I'll check next time I go in game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 5:50 PM
nice tool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 8:06 PM
i just wanna thank you SOOO much for this tool!! you are really the best. i converted over 2000 files and it all went good, no error, no fails, nothing!! and the clothes in game look awesome!! THANK UUUU
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 11:39 PM
<3
Page 5 of 10