Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4 *4/29/09*

by dDefinder Posted 27th Jun 2008 at 3:46 PM - Updated 29th Apr 2009 at 1:24 PM by dDefinder : to 2.4

556 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 481 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 22 of 23
Test Subject
#526 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 11:46 PM
My game won't open it keeps going to a box with a X and no words :I
Test Subject
#527 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:45 PM
Default No difference.
So basically everything was installed automatically and all, I checked all the .txt files and the additional lines are there so there was nothing really for me to do. The shortcuts etc. were also added automatically. However, I see no difference while in the game. Is there something else that should be done in order to make it work?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#528 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 10:02 AM
I installed Radiance through Scriptorium, and so far it's looking good :) thought I'd come here and thank directly ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#529 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 3:55 PM
Amazing!
Field Researcher
#530 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rorsdors
There is a folder called _Stuff packs and it is in there.

WRONG. It is in the installation folder, but it is not in the backup maxis lighting folder.
Did anyone save their original lighting folder for the M&G pack? I didn't because I had assumed that it was included.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#531 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 5:24 PM
Amazing mod. Installed through scriptorium. I love how the day gradually changes with sunset or sunrise instead of the maxis way of switching the sky to dark or daytime instantly at 7:00. This is one of the best mods I ever downloaded for Sims 2. The lighting mixed with the buyable sky mod makes everything look more realistic. runs flawless for me with the ultimate collection. I appreciate the time and effort put into this. Job well done.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#532 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 3:26 PM
we need some thing like this for the sims 3 game and I love this mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#533 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 10:22 AM
Which files do you install if you have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#534 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 4:02 PM
Imma Simma I would like to know this as well let hope some kind simmer lets us know.....
Test Subject
#535 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 10:35 AM
Imma Simma, Sparky1992 and other users with the Ultimate Collection, there's a thread here you might find useful: http://modthesims.info/t/555324 (Ovenhole explains it pretty well in post #5)

For any users with the Super Collection for Mac, I've re-written the instructions with relevant paths and folders at my tumblr: http://spallard.tumblr.com/post/137...tem-24-macsuper

If you'd like me to re-write the text file for the UC like I did there, I'd be happy to help.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#536 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 12:22 AM
@spallard thank you so much for posting the link regards UC as I am very new to sims 2 but as I am used to using mods in my sims 3 games I wanted to be able to add similar mods that I am used to using but am aware that UC appears to have differing file path to using discs so it has made things somewhat confusing-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#537 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 11:26 AM
the link for mac install instructions is broken!!! Can anybody tell me how to install it? Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#538 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 6:48 AM
I do love this mod, and I'm suprised that I didn't come over it before. Now that I've used it for some time I have sadly discovered that it has some problems handling wall-mount objects with adjusted hights correctly. Might have something to do with that it was originally developed before AL.

Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#539 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 6:03 PM
the best mod ever <3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#540 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 10:59 PM
Does it work with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? I've had files version, but folder system is much different than that in UC, and I'm not familiar with sp(x) and ep(x) names.
Forum Resident
#541 Old 3rd May 2016 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Does it work with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? I've had files version, but folder system is much different than that in UC, and I'm not familiar with sp(x) and ep(x) names.

It works perfectly. Use the Scriptorium (I've linked it in my post here ) for super-easy install; mine was done in not even 30 seconds and my UC game looks terrific.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#542 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 12:17 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 9th Jan 2017 at 12:32 PM.
Re-awaking the thread but yeah, noticed it too @Batanau . The worst bit is that even though I uninstalled it, all wall sculptures and paintings are still glitching and completely black when low on the wall, no matter what I try.
Test Subject
#543 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AuzzPanda
Re-awaking the thread but yeah, noticed it too @Batanau . The worst bit is that even though I uninstalled it, all wall sculptures and paintings are still glitching and completely black when low on the wall, no matter what I try.

This bug is sadly something unrelated to this mod and are a fault in the game by default. The only fix for this is to download a mod that lowers the wall decoration meshes so you can manually raise them to your desired height in-game. The downside with this is that if you download a custom lot that uses the deco they will most likely be all down to the ground, making you have to manually fix each one yourself.
Lab Assistant
#544 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 7:45 PM Last edited by emodarkwolf : 6th Feb 2017 at 8:55 PM. Reason: Adding info
So this seems nice, I installed this with The Scriptorium for making the task easier, I enter in my game, load a house and everything looks fine except the swimming pool! I don't really know what happened but the water was all sparkly and with a "weird texture", it didn't seem like water although we could see through it. :s

EDIT: Ok, just unistalled this mod and went back into the game and the same house ad the pool still looks more or less like this... Anyone know why?! O.o
I haven't installed any mod that modifies swimming pools, other mods that I installed with RLS were a couple of clothes, recolours of paintings and Numeror Courtesy Lights.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#545 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 6:09 PM
Truly a great improvement upon the original game's handling of the lighting feature. Great job.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#546 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 1:49 AM
This is a great mod that improves the game's graphical fidelity dramatically. I wish a similar mod existed for TS4, because that game's default lighting is bad.
Lab Assistant
#547 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 12:07 AM Last edited by enjoysMusic11 : 10th Apr 2017 at 1:48 AM.
For some reason this doesn't work for subhoods. I'm not sure when this problem started happening, but it may have been after I installed Gunmod's camera mod. However, there isn't any reason why that should interfere with this.

EDIT: since I reverted to a backup everything's fine except a few (maybe CC? didn't check) arches in Elsewhere.
Test Subject
#548 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 12:01 PM
With 'useshaders on' the specular highlights are gone, which make shiny objects dull. Is there a fix for this? Since disabling shaders makes my game lag more, according to the description it should be the other way around..
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#549 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:05 AM
If anyone is puzzled by how to install this, try with Numenor's Scriptorium, it includes an automatic installation of this set.
Instructor
#550 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:38 AM
Default Manual Installation for UC
Scriptorium installation works very well, but for those with UC who want to install manually for some reason, here are the files in the UC folder stucture.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Radiance2.4_UltimateCollection.zip (158.1 KB, 604 downloads)
Page 22 of 23