Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"WallWindows" glass set V.3

by Numenor Posted 17th Jun 2005 at 1:48 AM - Updated 10th Nov 2008 at 8:45 AM by Numenor : Fixed inline image

884 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 851 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 36
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 3:49 PM
Some of my houses is totally made of your old seamless glass windows , what will happen to them after i install my new windows???
Alchemist
#28 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 4:55 PM
Thanks so much for the new windows. I was wondering if it is at all possible to keep the frosted glass version you made for the older set or does this one (cry) have to go to?

OM
Field Researcher
#29 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 5:45 PM
YAY!!

Numenor, your work concerning these windows/doors since the very beggining is awesome. In my thoughts you've reached the perfection with these last sets.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 7:16 PM
Thankyou for that . Wish I had the Knowledge to do stuff. Many thanks numerator
Forum Resident
#31 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 7:17 PM
numenor said he does NOT like this misspelling.
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 7:21 PM
:Slap: Thankyou for that . Wish I had the Knowledge to do stuff. Many thanks numerator.
Scholar
#33 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 7:57 PM
Cmp46, it's Numenor, not Numerator.

Anyways, Numenor, I love your Walls and I'm curious. Once Install these two, will other custom Walls like the recolors or anything else that deals with them, do the creators have to update them or will they appear on Seamless or Standard Walls? Example, someone created some Gates and also used your Wall Windows, will they still work on it? And will like the Prisons type would appear on these walls or do you need to put the custom into the Wall.txt? If this is confusing, don't worry. I'm confused too.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 8:07 PM
very nice, thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 8:18 PM
Hooray! I never thought you would do them TODAY! Thanks a lot, I'll be testing them out tomorrow!!!

Really, numenor, these glass walls (all types) are he only windows I use in the game now, thanks for taking the time and modifying them to suit everyone's housemaking needs, you're awesome! (gosh I'm so happy today, I wonder if something's wrong with me)
Forum Resident
#36 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 10:03 PM Last edited by anglesims2 : 17th Jun 2005 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Editing Reply
Hi, I have a question or 2 one is, are the beautiful etched glass ones in these new updated window door files? If not can we have those back too in these now? Can you recolor them too for us some of us do not know how to do the clear glass ones like me. And sometimes when I reply to a post I get a strange message about the moderators moderating a reply and when they are done then if I can do polls? Then I am redirected back after my post has been posted. Do you know what I mean about this? If not whom to I talk to on this matter? Regils? Anyways Thank you for these too, I love your work, When can we recolor other stairs too? And Fences too? Thanks.LOL :howdy: :howdy:

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 10:03 PM
Rythela: don't confuse the custom walls (like the invisible or the prison wall) with the WallWindow set (that is a bunch on windows, doors and arches).
The custom walls are contained in the walls.txt, while the glass set is conatined in standard packages.

The windows and the door can be used on any walls: normal, invisible, prison, etc... Altering the walls.txt (adding new custom walls) doesn't modify anything in the WallWindow glass set.

Blubug: I worked hard in order to prepare all the files as soon as possible!
Scholar
#38 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 11:41 PM
Numenor, Ah. Okay. Well, then I get to go play around in Sims Programming. Thank you, Very Much, Numenor.
#39 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 12:48 AM
my windows and doors refuse to appear in the menu. help pease?
#40 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 12:49 AM
oh, and for some reason the first one did, so maybye you could upload the first ones also!?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 1:43 AM
The first one is now called "Standard" set: it the same as before. I think that maybe you haven't deleted all the previous versions from the download folder. Try performing a search in Windows, and delete all the files that contain the word "WallWindow" in their filenames. Then reinstall the new sets.
Scholar
#42 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 4:40 AM
fantastic thanks so much
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 9:44 AM Last edited by Numenor : 18th Jun 2005 at 1:58 PM.
18 JUNE - Tiggy027 has created some beautiful frames for the WallWindow glass set: you can find them on her site www.m-sim-o.com, under "Decorative", page 4.
Here is a sample picture, but there are many others on Tiggy's site!

http://dev4.modthesims2.com/attachm...d=75493&thumb=1

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 11:15 AM
your new version doesn't work with inge's hacks. is it possible to use the old doors with the set?
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 11:59 AM
plz can u do this in a zip file cuz i luv it n i wan it but i cant av a rar file cuz it dunt work on my comp xxx fanx
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#46 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
your new version doesn't work with inge's hacks. is it possible to use the old doors with the set?

Oh my g*d this mesh stuff does my head in, as soon as I see a string beginning #1C05 or whatever I have a mini nervous breakdown :eek:

Lovely work though Numenor :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#47 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 1:06 PM
I love it. I just wonder, that is it possible that my game will corrupt after downloading those new things?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#48 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by celineking
I love it. I just wonder, that is it possible that my game will corrupt after downloading those new things?

Lol! There's a chance your game could corrupt just using Maxis things :D

While it doesn't hurt to be careful when choosing custom content, we're all fairly confident with Numenor's stuff and I've not heard of any problems affecting anyone's game data.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 2:06 PM Last edited by Numenor : 18th Jun 2005 at 2:14 PM.
Inge, thanks for the trust BTW, the scenegraph references start with ##0x1C05 (with the double ##)

Celineking, I'm sure that my WallWindow set can't corrupt anything; actually, I'm convinced tha no custom content can corrupt the game installation. At least, this applies to packages installed in the Downloads folder; I'm *not* talking about lots or anything else to be installed outside the Downloads folder. If a downloaded package is bad, and makes your game crash, you can simply remove it from the Downloads folder.

FatD: you mean Inge's lockable doors? Inge is aware of the problem, and she's working on it.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 2:20 PM
I was the one who informed her ^^
Page 2 of 36