Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"WallWindows" glass set V.3

by Numenor Posted 17th Jun 2005 at 1:48 AM - Updated 10th Nov 2008 at 8:45 AM by Numenor : Fixed inline image

884 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 851 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 36
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 11:55 AM
YAY thanks love it i left my comp on all night on this page and several others with the tabbing help of Mozilla FireFox 10/10 by PC Extreme Magazine (any way love it thanks for the darker version ill see if i can make my own recoulers and if i do ill try put a picture up for ya)
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 12:25 PM Last edited by Mira04 : 25th Jun 2005 at 12:28 PM.
Well, I am to late for the tutorial, but I've found out how to do this

This is the result!
I will put them in the new meshes recolors if that is ok with you :umm:

I've made 10 of them, got a bit carried away, lol, but I like the result, and the fact you can combine them (in the pictures, there are already combinations).
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 1:03 PM Last edited by Numenor : 25th Jun 2005 at 1:07 PM.
They are super!!!
Mira, do you mind if I start a new recolours thread? In this way, I can edit the front post every time a user add his own recolours. I usually do this with the recolours of my meshes.

EDIT
Too late HoneyB has started her own thread for her recolours. Never mind. I'll add a link to your thread in Post #1 as soon as you'll create it.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 1:44 PM
Ok!

Numenor, take a look over here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...4074#post584074

Thanks for letting us use your stuff! (not everybody is so talented as you are :weep: )
Instructor
#105 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 2:45 PM
Hi Numernor,
I have a question.
Should I delete the wall.txt from the first set of glass walls? But if I do, the prison wall won't work(?)
Now about the new set of wall,no wall .txt edit need for these to work,and they work on the standard Maxis' wall. Yes? No cheats needed to use them?
If I still need a wall.txt,where & which one do I need?

I suffer from brain farts time to time,so forgive me for asking these questions,I just want to make sure I understand what I've read from all the posts.

"S"
V^^^^V
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Numenor : 25th Jun 2005 at 4:09 PM.
No cheats are needed, nor a custom walls.txt :D
But if you are using the prison wall, don't delete the wall.txt. In any case, you can't delete it: at most, you have to replace it with the original one (that you have backupped, haven't you?).

My suggestion is to leave the walls.txt as is (so to preserve the existing invisible and prison walls in your lots); but don't use the invisible wall any more (at least, not for the WallWindows).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#107 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 5:55 PM
i think the prison door is the one by atavera, so keep the walls.txt
if you replace it with the original, it WILL result in all your prison walls being replaced by fences.
Instructor
#108 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 6:32 PM
Great! I got you

Big HUGGIES!!!

"S"
V^^^^V

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
No cheats are needed, nor a custom walls.txt :D
But if you are using the prison wall, don't delete the wall.txt. In any case, you can't delete it: at most, you have to replace it with the original one (that you have backupped, haven't you?).

My suggestion is to leave the walls.txt as is (so to preserve the existing invisible and prison walls in your lots); but don't use the invisible wall any more (at least, not for the WallWindows).

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
#109 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 2:52 AM
These are great, thank you. I don't suppose you have some window-roofs do you? Like a skylight thingy?
Test Subject
#110 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 5:46 PM
I've downloaded into my game but I can't find them anywhere. Where are they located so I can build my walls? Thanks.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 9:53 PM
Debrose - To have window-roofs I should create a transparent roof, before, and it's not possible, with our current knowledge. But I'm sure that you can do something with RGiles' tranparend floor tiles and the constrainfloorelevation cheat.

Elurin - There's a misunderstanding: the WallWindow set is not a wall: it's a collection of special windows, doors, arches (and a column) that you can place over normal walls. Build the wall as usual and then go find the WallWindows into the windows/door sections of the catalogue.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 3:10 AM
wonderful! thank you for making them even better!
Test Subject
#113 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 10:22 AM
When I use the recolors (from this set) for the door I get your Water Tower (from Maxis Lost and Found)instead of a door! I can use the mesh file door but the recolors just gets me a huge water tower.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 2:30 PM
Some times ago, there was a problem with the Water Tower's GUID; now it's fixed: redownload the updated version of the Water Tower.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 6:48 PM
Wanted to stop in and tell you thanks for these, they are awesome!!
#116 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 6:51 PM
Default Thank you sooo much!
marry me, Numenor...
Test Subject
#117 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 9:43 PM
Are the words. WOW!!! Or Wowee!! Thanks you! :howdy:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 11:25 PM
27 JUNE - Both sets have been updated: now the handles are recolourable; the new sets contain two additional handle colours (gold and silver). The recolour template was consequently updated (now it includes a template for the handles, too).
Moreover, to help the users creating new recolours, the UV-map for the seamless set was fixed: now the decors are correctly aligned, both in vertical and in horizontal (the straight lines aren't broken any more by the doors).
The files contained in these RARs will automatically overwrite the older ones; you don't need to redownload the recolours: they will be displayed correctly on the existing doors next time you start the game.

http://dev4.modthesims2.com/attachm...d=80741&thumb=1

Lab Assistant
#119 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 6:26 AM
Yes oh yes oh yes oh yes! Who needs Herbal Essence when ya got Numenor's Wall Windows?! LOL Thx Professor! *Running off to crank up SimPE* :D

-B
Test Subject
#120 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 8:12 AM
So happy I could cry! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#121 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 9:41 AM
I have the updated version, downloaded it yesterday. I still get the water tower.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 2:31 PM
Are you sure you have replaced *all* the different Water Towers? There are several, in different size. Is it possible that you have updated one Tower but you still have another one (not updated) in your download folder?
Forum Resident
#123 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 2:42 PM
Numenor, i've tried to make a recolour of your wall window. I cloned a recolour (with SimPE default settings) and edited it. this resulted in ALL recolors (even the main ones) being screwed, and the ORIGINAL WALL WINDOW reappearing. That's when I found out that that blue is darker then the new blue.
I will now try to create a color option for the color option. perhaps that helps...
Field Researcher
#124 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 2:44 PM
Thank you for being the perfectionist you are
Test Subject
#125 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:29 PM
Oh, the towers! I thought you meant the windows. No I'll get over there and download them right now, thanks!
Page 5 of 36