Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"WallWindows" glass set V.3

by Numenor Posted 17th Jun 2005 at 1:48 AM - Updated 10th Nov 2008 at 8:45 AM by Numenor : Fixed inline image

884 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 851 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 36
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:56 PM
Thank you Numenor for an awesome gift. I've been download shy for awhile about build objects but your windows have definitely overwhelmed that! Definitely a huge contribution to the game. Again, thank you.
Forum Resident
#127 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 7:40 PM Last edited by Fat D : 28th Jun 2005 at 8:00 PM.
is itn possible that the disappearance of the standat cut-out, the comeback of the old version and the recolour problem on the standart window are your new vesion's fault?

And can we use tint and texture (stdmatdiffcoef and stdMatBaseTexture) on the same object?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 11:29 PM
I'm sorry, FatD, but I'm not sure to understand your problem...
What does it mean that the "old" version came back? Haven't you deleted all the older files? Is it possible that you still have (without knowing it) an old version that you downloaded with a lot?

Creating a recolour shouldn't alter in any way the existing objects, anyway...

As for the last wuestion, yes you can use both diffusion colour and texture at the same time: the diffuse colour will give the texture a different colour shade (it will be "added" to the texture's colours).
Test Subject
#129 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 1:00 AM
I've downloaded these walls. They are in my downloads folder but I can not find them in my game. Can someone tell me if they're in the build section, decorative section, or wherever. I've searched through EVERYTHING and can not find them.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#130 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 1:15 AM
They are windows, not walls. You can find them in the Build catalog, Window section (there are also glass doors, arches and a column, all in the proper sub-section of the Build catalog).
Test Subject
#131 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 1:54 AM
I've looked in the windows section and didn't see any new custom content. I'll look again. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#132 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 6:49 AM
thanks, numenor, I remember downloading a lot but i didn't even think of the author having such an old version.
I will check for it... thanks, i hope that's the reason, and not your last update (which I installed at the same time as the recolors).
Forum Resident
#133 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 7:07 AM
thanks, i've found them. i do not understand what had happened, that house was rather new...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 9:32 AM
FatD: I'm glad that you solved the problem (and that I don't have to fix again the WallWindows! )

Elurin: I've fixed the price for all the wallWindows items quite low, so my windows should be in the first positions, in the windows catalog. Does your catalog shows the other custom objects? Have you unpacked the rar archive into the Downloads folder (or even in a subfolder within the Downloads)? Sorry if I ask silly questions, but I can't think of anything better :p
Forum Resident
#135 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 1:54 PM
LOL! My current project is actually a fix, too, but i won't post too much because i don't finish most of my projects.
anyway, if I cancel it, i will release the pre-version (that helps against a side-effect by one of your features without affecting that feature).
Test Subject
#136 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 5:11 AM
I love these glass windows and doors and have been using them since the beginning. I have read everything you posted through and through yet I cannot figure out why my game is now crashing.

Upon downloading your most updated versions of wallwindows etc., I went into the game and removed all windows and invisible walls from the 3 houses that used them. I did this because, since it was'nt neccessary to use invisible walls anymore I wanted to replace the "custom walls text" with the original thus ensuring no "black fences".

After removing windows and invisible walls, I then tried to replace it with regular walls. That's when my game crashed. Thinking that it had something to do with the fact that I still had "custom walls text", I replaced it with original and went back into the game and tried again. It still crashes.

ALL old files have been removed and original "walls text" is in. I can place walls anywhere else except for the places where "custom invisible walls" were. I can live with the open spaces(they look like covered patios now, without walls) but just curious if this is normal once the old walls are taken away.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say and if anyone has experienced this. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advanced. :D
Forum Resident
#137 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 6:01 AM
if it doesn't work, try to rebuild the lot.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 7:59 AM Last edited by Numenor : 30th Jun 2005 at 8:04 AM.
I have no suggestions... I did replace the walls, sometimes (in order to use a lot with invisible wall with my other Sims2 installation, that has no custom content at all).
I was able to replace the invisible walls with normal ones; in the spots that I forgot to update, the black fences appeared, but I could remove it and replace it with a normal wall. I only had some crashes when building unleveled walls.

Anyway, before rebuilding the lot, as FatD suggested, try and evict the family and transfer the lot in the lot bin, and then again into the neighborhood.

Better: when you have evicted the family, export the lot to a file and post it here; I'd like to take a look, and maybe I can fix it.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#139 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 12:09 PM
can we make the handles invisible? when I tried it (by removing the texture reference txmts and by black alphas) there WAS still a handle, but it was bleeding through the window/door
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 1:16 PM
Now that the handles are recolourable, I can easily create an "invisible recolour". I'll make it as soon as I go back home (give me a couple of hours).
You can't simply remove the texture and/or the Material Definition, or the handles will appear flashing blue.
Forum Resident
#141 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 1:19 PM
i didn't remove them, I edited them not to show up (like your main colors).

I want to do it myself, anyway ^^

perhaps i just have made a little mistake in my alpha try.
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 2:32 PM
Thank you so much!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#143 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 2:46 PM
I can give you some advice, then. In order to create a completely transparent texture, the alpha channel must be completely black. There's no need to extract the whole texture: just extract/edit/reimport the only alpha channel. Remember to Update all sizes and commit.

In the meantime, I'm going to post an "invisible" (not "transparent") recolour, created using a different, personal tecnique: download it and examine the package, and find the difference with yours.
Forum Resident
#144 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 2:54 PM
i have alreadi had success :P
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#145 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:06 PM
30 JUNE - Added a special "Invisible Recolour" for the handles: when selected, it makes the handles disappear (works for both Seamless and Standard set). NOTE - it's just a recolour, not an update: just install it in the downloads folder; it won't overwrite anything.
http://dev4.modthesims2.com/attachm...d=82290&thumb=1

Thanks FatD for having suggested it.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#146 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Fat D : 30th Jun 2005 at 3:20 PM.
Great! This is the best time to post it, so that the recolor list won't be flooded :D
I've made one for my recolor set (find it here), but this became useless with your new update. i have removed it before the first download
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#147 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Numenor : 30th Jun 2005 at 3:42 PM.
Sorry, I didn't want to overlap your recolours, that anyway are beautiful and very useable. I only wanted to share a little bit of knowledge (have you examined my "recolour"? It's an unusual but useful tecnique to create invisible textures).

I've added a link to your thread in the front page.

Forum Resident
#148 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:42 PM
thanks, numenor, it's better to have it seperated, anyway.
i woldn't have thought of anyone calling the prison set useful ^^
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#149 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:47 PM
I was talking of the coloured set, actually... :p
As for the prison, there are lots of people fond of the prison-theme.

Forum Resident
#150 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:51 PM
bud the invisible handle did only overlap the prison set ^^
Page 6 of 36