Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#476 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 9:36 PM
Just be aware that your laptop may not be upgradable.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#477 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Just be aware that your laptop may not be upgradable.

Yeah, I thought of that after. When I asked my parents they said no.
But, on the bright side, I can always transfer the games to my family computer. Which I am actually doing right now. I just didn't want to to that because my sister has a "what's yours is also mine" policy (for herself only, mind you. God forbid I touch any of her stuff) and she tends to go and screw around with my stuff. (I remember vividly one day where I went to her room to get a bag off her bed to give to my mom, and her webkinz were wearing every single pair of my earrings.) But, that computer is pretty fancy, so I know I'll have no problems with it. Yay! Problem solved
Theorist
#478 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 8:23 PM
Malika (playable) asked Abraham for a date by phone. I send them to the Music and Art hobby lot. Ayade came with them.
Once there, I notice that the game was spawning DJs.
At the end of the date, there were at least 10 Djs there.
I have redundancy in my game but I think I lack townies in this hood and the previous hobby leader married one of my playables in the previous round.
Forum Resident
#479 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 9:10 PM
I used the Simblender to change an appearance of a Sim. Just the make-up department. When I changed it and pressed OK, her face in the picture in the panel was gone.
I exited without saving, went back and everything was back to normal. I sighed of relief.
Forum Resident
#480 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Malika (playable) asked Abraham for a date by phone. I send them to the Music and Art hobby lot. Ayade came with them. Once there, I notice that the game was spawning DJs. At the end of the date, there were at least 10 Djs there. I have redundancy in my game but I think I lack townies in this hood and the previous hobby leader married one of my playables in the previous round.

By any chance do you any mods/hacks in your game related to the dJ Booth? I used to have CJ's DJ Booth fixes - I had to remove it because if one of my playables became the DJ the game would immediately spawn another DJ - now that the mod is removed my Sims can fulfill their DJ wants and make a little money.
Theorist
#481 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 6:13 PM
Yes I do.
I put it in my game a few days ago because it solved this annoying glitch in my game:
Quote:
Booths on business lots won't be left "in use" by departing employees.

Thanks about the warning. :-) I didn't notice this in my owned club though.
Field Researcher
#482 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 8:47 PM
One of my sims kids got stuck to the school door entrance and was starving and not moving at all. Resetsim didn't work neither did moving the school around. He was still stuck to the door while re-placing the school building down. I found that going to edit town mode and just picking up the current house and dropping it on the same lot reset him although all those dreams and wishes were lost.
Mad Poster
#483 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 8:59 PM
fullsheet, that sounds like a Sims 3 glitch, this is the Sims 2 board. If you play both talk about Sims 2 here and talk about Sims 3 on this discussion board: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561
Test Subject
#484 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:07 PM
The glitch that scared me the most is when one of my playable children brought a friend home and it turned out to be a teenager whom the game recognized to be a child. So the teen waddled around, scrunched up, his arms and elbows tucked at his sides, knees bent to match a child's height to no avail. Thankfully, a quick spin with the sim modder cleared it right up

But it did seem, at the time, like my game was threatening to blow up :d
Lab Assistant
#485 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 1:33 PM
My Burb family decided to have another baby. So when Jennifer gave birth 3 days later, the baby had a custom skintone. Straight up BLUE. So I re-loaded the lot and it happened again, I quit with saving the birth and deleted the skintone. Baby was fine.
Test Subject
#486 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JayKenz
My Burb family decided to have another baby. So when Jennifer gave birth 3 days later, the baby had a custom skintone. Straight up BLUE. So I re-loaded the lot and it happened again, I quit with saving the birth and deleted the skintone. Baby was fine.

Whooaa! I'v never heard of that happening in my life. That one's pretty weird
Lab Assistant
#487 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by genericsoap
The glitch that scared me the most is when one of my playable children brought a friend home and it turned out to be a teenager whom the game recognized to be a child. So the teen waddled around, scrunched up, his arms and elbows tucked at his sides, knees bent to match a child's height to no avail.

Oh my gosh, I had a toddler grow up to a child and do this exact same thing! And this was BEFORE custom content, so I have no idea what caused it to happen!!! He would waddle around and asked to be picked up like a toddler, and the people would carry him around with his legs all scrunched...it was so frightening! I've never had it happen before or since, but I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't bad genes or something.
Top Secret Researcher
#488 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 5:30 AM
The skintone may have been geneticized in the "normal" range?
Test Subject
#489 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 10:54 AM
Well.. i used Move_objects on one time and then i attached my little toddler to the dollhouse. Then the father was a bit bored so i clicked '' Destroy '' on the dollhouse. And then the dollhouse was just trashes, but you could still see the toddler attached to it. When i clicked the sim to '' pick up the trash '' the toddler followed with it! When i after that clicked '' delete action '' the toddler was just garbige laying there..

And one time when my sim was on vacation, the taxi never arrived to take the sim back home. It was a 3 day vacation and after 1 week it still had not arrived. VACATION FOREVER YAY!
Test Subject
#490 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ktkokaq
Oh my gosh, I had a toddler grow up to a child and do this exact same thing! And this was BEFORE custom content, so I have no idea what caused it to happen!!! He would waddle around and asked to be picked up like a toddler, and the people would carry him around with his legs all scrunched...it was so frightening! I've never had it happen before or since, but I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't bad genes or something.

*coughs*

In his defense, he was an alien?

Allergic to water~ o o!
Test Subject
#491 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Rabbit glitch from sims 1

That's hilarious. I WANT BUNNIES ALL THROUGH MY HOUSE :DDDDD
Forum Resident
#492 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 7:24 PM
I once had a nanny who kept taking bottles out of the fridge. The whole kitchen and livingroom were strewn with bottles. It drove the parents mad.
Scholar
#493 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:59 PM
I've recently acquired a glitch whereby Sims cease to be checked into their hotels when I reload their hotel. Since I play on a 1-day rotation, this means that with a little planning, the Sims no longer pay anything for hotels. Sneaky of them...
Mad Poster
#494 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JayKenz

I had that happen with one of my Ottomas twins, he arrived all speckled. It amused me, so I let him stay like that - but I did go and adjust the dominance so that it wouldn't randomly pop up again.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#495 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:03 AM
That's probably because Samantha Ottomas' pregnancy is corrupt, unless this is a later pregnancy than the one EA set up. It's recommended not to let her give birth unless you patched Seasons fully before ever playing that 'hood; if you did let her give birth, you might wanna see if HoodChecker finds any fixable corruption.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#496 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 7:58 AM
It's OK, they're fine in my game. I patch as soon as I install, plus these are from Tarlia's cleaned hoods and she relinked the pregnancy properly. It honestly was just the geneticised skintones. I had the same thing happen with another family elsewhere, that one got a blue speckled skin.
Test Subject
#497 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 6:25 AM Last edited by MoonLitTear : 26th Nov 2012 at 6:40 AM.
My community lots in my neighborhood- not Downtown- aren't visitable. AT ALL. At restaurants Sims constantly spring up error prompts ("location" or "stack" errors, reset/delete/cancel buttons). At small shops and parks, I get those prompts too, in addition to pets with human behavior (or maybe Sims stuck in pet forms) like walking(floating) with their arms at their sides but back legs moving like an animal, with their tongues sticking out, using children playsets, arguing, sinking into the floor, blocking my Sims, etc. Looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADk7Yh8tagM

It was terrifying the first time I saw it.

If my Sim goes shopping for their family, it's a race to the clothes rack to avoid errors, and once errors start (every 3 seconds, where I have to click reset to keep the game going) simple shopping trips take almost 30 real life minutes. I loathe going there -_-'.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#498 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:47 AM
MoonLitTear you should do something about that. Your neighbourhood is probably corrupted though it might be bad CC.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#499 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 11:18 AM
^ If I could agree a hundred times, I would: I had pets with human behaviour in some of my 'hoods before I learned how to use empty templates and incorrectly deleted the sims which got generated on making a new 'hood. I had no idea what was going on back then, but I now know that I was effectively using the deleteallcharacters cheat, leaving character data everywhere, and various sims and animals were picking up that data.
Mad Poster
#500 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 1:35 PM
I've currently got a glitch where my Sims' apartment door will not close. It's driving me nuts, because it's winter outside and it looks ridiculous having your door wide open on the snow.
Page 20 of 25