Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2RPC - Modded Sims 2 Launcher for Mansion and Garden

by LazyDuchess Posted 15th Oct 2020 at 7:04 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2023 at 8:00 PM by LazyDuchess : Notice

305 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 13
Test Subject
#226 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 5:37 AM
Whenever I try and launch with this it just says wrong version of sims 2, use university life collection cd.
Test Subject
#227 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 3:52 PM
I tried downloading the web launcher but installation failed. I have Fun with pets collection disk with garden and mansion but it still wont load.
Test Subject
#228 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:25 AM
Okay, so I click on the Sims to our PC executable from my desktop, and when it loads up, I get the command prompt and everything looks fine, until I get to a line that says create process failed 225. Is anybody else had this issue? If so, what is happening?
I use Security Suite by f-secure, and I noticed that every time I would click out, I would get a notification from my antivirus is saying that I got a trojan. I believe it may be a false positive, but every time I try to go to the quarantine and allow the "Trojan" to pass, it still generates another notification.
I installed this tool using the installer method.
Field Researcher
#229 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 5:21 AM
Every time I run the through the RPC game the graphics settings all switch back to low (no shadows, no anti-aliasing, low texture detail etc.) I'm not sure why this would be happening, I put the RPC settings on high.
Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution?
Test Subject
#230 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 8:11 AM
I can't get RPC to load once it is in my bin folder.
Test Subject
#231 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 5:04 PM Last edited by wooser : 15th Dec 2021 at 5:43 PM.
I love this. But now I've had the some problem as Yosarna :/
Missing lots, crashing when I try edit and in game family looks like this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 1:59 AM
My computer searched a TROJAN in this.
Field Researcher
#233 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 4:18 AM
Failed - Virus detected
Test Subject
#234 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kozlowicz
My computer searched a TROJAN in this.

Mine too!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#235 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 11:45 AM
Field Researcher
#236 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It's not a virus. It's because the original executable has been changed in order to implement the changes.

The creator should clarify this in the post. Who would trust a file that is labeled a virus right away? I want to believe nothing shady is going on, but a thorough explanation is due, in my humble opinion.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 10:27 PM Last edited by Simone95 : 25th Feb 2022 at 7:57 PM.
I also get this trojan detection when trying to download the manual installer. When using the automatic installer, I also get a warning but I'm allowed to run it. However, I can't run the game with Sims2RPC, because 'MSVCP140.dll was not found', as well as VCRUNTIME140.dll. It's possible it's my game's installation, but it ran before without Sims2RPC. It also ran on my old laptop *with* Sims2RPC, so I'm already missing it

EDIT: My installation did not include the IKEA stuff pack... I fixed that, and now this is also working as expected ^^ yay!
Theorist
#238 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
The creator should clarify this in the post. Who would trust a file that is labeled a virus right away? I want to believe nothing shady is going on, but a thorough explanation is due, in my humble opinion.
Funny. What you're saying is that if someone wrote "hey, btw if your antivirus says it's a trojan, just ignore it mkay," you'd just plop the file right in and forget about it?

The creator explains the technical nature of this file in post #17. I agree that no one would trust a file labeled as a virus right away, but one would also read comments about such a file beforehand (or right after seeing that it's a virus). At least I hope people would when downloading executable files.

From the 10 pages worth of posts, it's clear that many people's antivirus software flagged this file as a false-positive, all due to the nature of the fix.
Field Researcher
#239 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Funny. What you're saying is that if someone wrote "hey, btw if your antivirus says it's a trojan, just ignore it mkay," you'd just plop the file right in and forget about it?

The creator explains the technical nature of this file in post #17. I agree that no one would trust a file labeled as a virus right away, but one would also read comments about such a file beforehand (or right after seeing that it's a virus). At least I hope people would when downloading executable files.

From the 10 pages worth of posts, it's clear that many people's antivirus software flagged this file as a false-positive, all due to the nature of the fix.

Don't give me that. The technical explanation for the virus label should be the first thing in the post, THAT'S what I'm saying. And since when is reading ALL the comments a must? If there's anything of utmost importance revealed in them (glitches, known conflicts, FAKE VIRUS ALERT, etc) it could easily be added to the main post as a warning. That's what most creators do to give themselves the pleasure of saying "install at your own risk". It's the first time a mod/hack/anything related to TS2 has been flagged as a virus in my fifteen years of downloading this stuff.

I didn't read old comments the first time because I was in a hurry. Sue me.
Theorist
#240 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 3:03 PM
Had you politely advised the creator to kindly include this note for potential other worried users, I would've thought that the virus thing legitimately scared you. However, all I see with that tone is that your attitude is the main problem here. Sue me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#241 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 12:35 PM
i trust lazyduchess with my kidney but windows defender keeps on harassing me about this being a ""virus"" wth do i do
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#242 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
It's the first time a mod/hack/anything related to TS2 has been flagged as a virus in my fifteen years of downloading this stuff.

Because all other content for TS2 is in .package form. This is, to my knowledge, the only mod that alters the game's executable.

Quote: Originally posted by unawcorn
i trust lazyduchess with my kidney but windows defender keeps on harassing me about this being a ""virus"" wth do i do

You need to add an exception, or white list, the install location of this mod in your antivirus program.
Test Subject
#243 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 1:55 AM
Borderless doesn't work, messed up with my settings on top of that. Avoid it.
Test Subject
#244 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jemkatk
Unfortunately, the new update is making my game crash on neighborhood load-up 90% of the time. And when I manage to get into a hood, I get massive pink soup.. and then a crash.
Took all mods out, still doing it. I guess I will attempt to re-install the whole game. But I can't play without the RPC launcher, because I get the unfixable DirectX 9.0 error.
Running win 10, nvdia 3060 card with 32gb of ram on a desktop.
sad face

I had a similar problem when I first installed it too. I have a windows 10 desktop with a nvidia 3080 with 32gb of ram and an intel i7-12700k. My game would start, run through the intro, allow me to proceed to the neighborhood selection and then would load a neighborhood all the way and then crash before I was able to even see the neighborhood. It was a "this application will now terminate" error.
I ran the Sims2RPC in windows xp (service pack 3) compatibility mode, and then checked "run as administrator" and I haven't had any issues with loading into my game now.

As for the other things, definitely make sure you are running it with the 4gb patch. Are you running "Graphic Rules Maker"?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#245 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 9:37 AM
you are the best modder for me!!
Test Subject
#246 Old 8th Mar 2022 at 4:32 AM
hey thank you so much for this! i was under the impression this mod was not doing anything in my game because the lot imposters and shadow were not working, but i enabled all the other functions and they seem to be fine... it's not crashing or anything either, just keeping the same old lot imposters. i scrolled your tumblr and the comments here and it doesn't seem like anyone had the same issue? i used the maligned graphicsrulesmaker to fix my resolution, but i'm not sure that could have any impact here (throwing it out there just in case)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#247 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 5:09 PM
This is amazing! Thank you!
Test Subject
#248 Old 16th Apr 2022 at 12:42 PM Last edited by Darkmare900 : 16th Apr 2022 at 1:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by narainu
hey thank you so much for this! i was under the impression this mod was not doing anything in my game because the lot imposters and shadow were not working, but i enabled all the other functions and they seem to be fine... it's not crashing or anything either, just keeping the same old lot imposters. i scrolled your tumblr and the comments here and it doesn't seem like anyone had the same issue? i used the maligned graphicsrulesmaker to fix my resolution, but i'm not sure that could have any impact here (throwing it out there just in case)

Yeah, totally same. And yeah, I used Graphics Rules Maker too

UPD: it works - one needs to just regenerate them by moving something in build mode and saving.
Anyway, it didn't fix the annoying roof artifact, so I got back to classic. As for shadows, hard to say yet
Test Subject
#249 Old 16th Apr 2022 at 7:42 PM
Hey, do you plan on making seperate modded launchers for all three games in The Sims Stories series?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#250 Old 9th May 2022 at 10:20 AM
I did everything and I got a Direct X error when opening your version of the game. I don't get the error when opening the original copy. Help??
Page 10 of 13