Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampires can turn sims into Ghouls + CURE UPDATE 02/27/08

by [Black_Spirit] Posted 28th Oct 2007 at 3:27 PM - Updated 30th Jul 2008 at 8:26 PM by [Black_Spirit]

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 81 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 9:52 PM
As to the autonomous turning-sims-into-ghouls, I do like the idea, so I don't have any problem with it anyways ^^" The Ghouls rule, so the more, the merrier, I guess ^.^ Still, the potion will probably come in handy.
Test Subject
#52 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 7:49 PM
Well, I have a big problem now.
I tested Your mod before the cure and it seemed to work fine. But when I found out that vampires can turn sims into ghouls at their own will and after three minutes on a community lot with lots of sims turned into ghouls I decided to delete the hack again.
So I left without saving and after ending the game deleted ALL six files out of my downloads folder.
Now I have been playing a while and just found out that Shaklin's hack no longer wokrs properly! Vampires can no longer kill other sims with their bite. You said it was compatible, but it seems not to be since I don't use any other hacks in my game.
And besides this after deleting Your files a new interaction appeared called : "DEBUG - Big Hug" or something like that. Sims try to embrace each other now even if they are strangers.
So what am I to do now? Why are there changes after deleting Your files? Shaklin's hack is really important for my game play and it would be awful, if it won't work any
more. Please help!
Cult Leader
#53 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 12:13 PM
Wicked. I'm a huge VTM fan and this is great.
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 5:06 PM
I also just remembered something. As Dio has mentioned, when on community lots, it is possible that a lot of sims who you didn't want to become a ghoul are turned into ghouls. What about Mrs. Crumplebottom? When she gets bitten by a vampire, I think the game crashes and/or gets corrupted or something. Will this also happen if she gets turned into a ghoul by accident? I've been afraid of sending my sims on dates downtown lately because of that ^^"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 6:22 PM
I don't think she can be turned into a Ghoul. This option can't be used on her.
Tell me if this happens.
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 11:00 AM
This is a very Advanced hack, you must be praised.

But now the anoying part of my personality, can you do a Hack for me?

I was thinking it would be cool if vamps could have to options under "Bite Neck":

"Make vampire" and "Bite for Food".

"Make vampire" is just like the oridunal "Bite Neck".
"Bite for Food" is were the bitten Sim is given a sudden need drop (like being spooked by a ghost) and if that drop takes there need down to far they die. Vampiers also receve a hunger boost and the bitten sim will get a memmory:

"Survived vampire attack"

Sorry for asking but I can't do this my self.

LONG LIVE THE GRILLED CHEESE DEITY!!
Test Subject
#57 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [Black_Spirit]
I don't think she can be turned into a Ghoul. This option can't be used on her.
Tell me if this happens.

Well, to be honest, I'm just afraid that my game will be corrupted, so I don't really feel happy with the thought of testing this ^^"
Sorry if this is too much to ask, but do you think you could make it so that the Vampires only turn sims they like into ghouls? Like, only if they have a daily relationship value of about +30 or +50 or so?

Besides, I have also thought about a mod like Aishia mentioned. I can't do such things myself either, but I like the idea of Vampires being able to bite sims for feeding only without killing them or turning them into Vampires/Ghouls.
IF something like that is possible, and IF it would be compatible with this mod... it would be awesome
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 3:53 AM
Thanks a lot for this mod . Made me want to put some vampires in my game for the first time . wonderful mod . I think I found a glitch or it just may be a conflict . My gouls can be cured with the vampiricilin-D. I look at it as an extra bonus. going to get your other vampire mod now again thanks for both.
Test Subject
#59 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 7:55 AM
Hey awesome mod. Sadly, like just about everyone I seem to have a problem. When I bite sims with the turn into ghoul option they get the social mod where they don't use influence, but they continue to look normal. I noticed that some people had requested exactly this, but I kinda wanted them to look like zombies.

So i am not sure if this is a problem with my game or it has just been changed, but it if has been changed is there anyway to make it so it can kinda go both ways? Blatant ghouls (which look like zombies) and covert ones (which look like normal sims).
Test Subject
#60 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 3:25 AM
Thank you so much for the update, I was getting fed up with my vampires biting every single Sim who crossed their path and thus meeting people who I never wanted them to meet.
Sockpuppet
#61 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 5:05 PM
Is it FreeTime compatible ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 10:44 PM
yes, it is
Field Researcher
#63 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 7:29 PM
Despite almost never commenting or posting on the forums anymore, I just have to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for this mod. I've been wanting to do this for so long, and this is exactly what I've been looking for. Brilliant hack!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 11:31 AM
Very good job ! Thanks a lot for this mod

Serinion Studio Patreon page
Find in that extra support, some "rewards" with exclusive objects for patron only.
Test Subject
#65 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 9:01 PM
i dont know it anyone has asked this yet but does this do anything to the npc count or countess? great work btw
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:06 PM
Well, all the vampires can turn sims into ghouls but this interaction is not autonomous, so the count or countess will not do it by themselves.
Test Subject
#67 Old 24th May 2008 at 4:30 PM
thx!!! now my hellsing family will be even more realistic))) since in anime alucard is master of seras in the sims2 i could do this for real!!!!!!!!!!!!! arigato gozaimas(thank you very much)!!!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
#68 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:21 PM
I was searching through your files and find this one. You have very interesting mods.
Again, thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#69 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 12:54 AM
finally i can have some fun with my vampire sims!! no more getting to know them before having a nibble.. awesome =D
Test Subject
#70 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 4:46 AM
VERY nice! I just wanted to say I've been enjoying this quite a bit. I don't have University--I have Double Deluxe--but it still works in my game, to a point. My ghoul Sim experiences the motive effects you described, although, other than that he looks and acts like a normal Sim... he still ages, too (although that's fixed easily enough with cheats or additional hacks). But I have not experienced any bugs or problems, and as I kind of prefer non-zombified ghouls, I think it's just fantastic. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#71 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:32 PM
So, turning them into Ghouls has the same affect as the Maxis verison of the "Bite Neck" interaction or does the Ghoul mod have something different?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 3:06 AM
Mkay, this is cool. Downloading.

Everyone has a weakness, everyone dies, and everyone passes out after getting hit with a steel bat.
C.Rod
Test Subject
#73 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:31 PM
Lol, reminded me of Vampire the Masquerade. By the way, if it isn't asking too much, could there be a way of the ghoul starting to love the vampire after he's turned into one? I mean, it would be like in Vampire the Masquerade, the Blood Bond. If there was, i would thank you greatly. I love your Vampire mods, keep up the good work ^^!
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:35 PM
Nice work Black!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:11 AM
This is incredible, awesome work.

Was wondering though, is there a guide or something that helped you do this? Just that I've been wanting to do something similar by cloning the plantsim transformation to make sims into Furies (Just normal sims with the option to either kill or turn other sims into Furies by using a cloned version of "Pollen Cloud")
Page 3 of 4