Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Illuminated Shop Sign

by MogHughson Posted 9th Aug 2009 at 9:08 PM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 12:08 PM by MogHughson

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 9:17 PM
These are so great for me, I'm craving for more simlish shop signs. Good work and thank you for sharing!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 10:30 PM
Absolutely amazing Mog! Thank you so much!!!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:07 PM
How nifty! I appreciate the Simlish recolors.

Are these modelled on the illuminated bowling signs?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Are these modelled on the illuminated bowling signs?
No - the painting that is also a light (forget the name right now) is the thing I started from - hadn't spotted the bowling signs.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 12:10 AM
very nice!!.... 100% A++++..i like it very much!!!.. =)
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#7 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 12:23 AM
Yes! I'm so glad you uploaded them.
Great job!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 1:57 AM
nice, thank you!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 7:52 AM
Wow, what a great idea! Thanks heaps

Si vos tribuo , vos mos suscipio :)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 8:19 AM Last edited by AndraNaberrie : 10th Aug 2009 at 9:26 PM.
I love to use this sort of stuff but haven't got a clue how to make it, so it's great when someone does it for me! Great work and keep modding - please!!!!
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 8:47 AM
This is so useful! I grabbed the simlish version. Thanks for making this and more importantly, sharing it. I appreciate it!
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 11:20 AM
Thanks a lot! Great idea!
Our streets will be so much better at night!
Scholar
#13 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 11:24 AM
Shiny!! I like this a lot! If you ever get to do 4-tile and 5-tile versions, I'll come back and DL those as well!

Thank you so much, Mog!
Instructor
#14 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 1:07 PM
Thanks a lot! The Simlish recolours are very much appreciated.
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 3:03 PM
These look great in game. I grabbed both versions.
A 7 tile version would still be great if you ever feel like making one but I appreciate all the effort you've put into these ones.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:09 PM
Thank you, really aprreciate it!
Scholar
#17 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 12:27 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 11th Aug 2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Correction
So, the other lighted signs that I've looked at have lit and unlit graphical states, but this one instead has one graphical state and the lit and unlit states are handled by the MMAT and TXMT. Right? So, for each recolor, instead of making two separate graphical states, I'll go in and copy hash value as generated by SimPE for the texture file paste it to the correct spot in the MMAT and TXMT files that I'll find in SimPe.

I'm sure I sound like an idiot repeating everything you just said, but that's for a good reason: I'm an idiot who has to repeat everything I learn.

Six tiles is a nice size, big enough to be impressive but small enough to use on as small a shopfront as we're likely to need.

Thanks for the Simlish. I'm gradually converting everything into Similish.
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 1:02 AM
NICE VERY NICE, Gimme More more more xD (Joks)
Forum Resident
#19 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 2:19 AM
Amazing!

Thank you.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
So, the other lighted signs that I've looked at have lit and unlit graphical states, but this one instead has one graphical state and the lit and unlit states are handled by the MMAT and TXMT. Right? So, for each recolor, instead of making two separate graphical states, I'll go in and copy hash value as generated by SimPE for the texture file paste it to the correct spot in the MMAT and TXMT files that I'll find in SimPe.
Yes - the lighting is changed in the TXMT and you only have one TXTR to worry about. The hash value you generate goes in the MMAT.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 9:16 AM
Once again, you´ve outdone yourself and most other creators as well, great work as always Mog.
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 4:01 AM
This look great. A very good idea. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 11:51 AM
YAY! -happy dances-
Thanks for uploading, Mog!

Nintendo Freak
Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 9:14 AM
These are fab! Thanks for making a simlish version, too :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#25 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:50 AM
Hooray - shop signs. How cool, I love making little shopping streets. Thank you.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Page 1 of 4