Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cast Iron Stair and matching Fence

by Lisen801 Posted 27th Oct 2010 at 4:26 AM - Updated 27th May 2012 at 10:22 AM by Lisen801

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 1:47 AM
Oh, these are just beautiful! And very versatile, too. Great work - thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 10:39 AM
Amazing work. Wonderful made. Many thanks for making and sharing with us.
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 12:16 AM
great mod one qeston when you update the game to get curved pools does that enable curved walls to?im asking beacuse on the pic there are curved floor tiles.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:19 AM
Thanks so much! Love the stairs and railing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 11:05 AM
Thank you all, I never thought it would be so popular with cast iron.

Quote: Originally posted by PataArt
great mod one qeston when you update the game to get curved pools does that enable curved walls to?im asking beacuse on the pic there are curved floor tiles.

Yes there is a "curved floortile" or a corner filling piece. Look at the picture. First you make a diagonal end and then place this piece.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#31 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:58 PM
Once more a brilliant creation.Our Steampunk builders will have a nice time !

Thank you so much for this piece of art.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:54 AM
You have done a fantastic job once again. Love your creations. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 1:19 PM
WOW!! I got your fences yesterday and I just LOVE them!! Thank you SO much!:D
Test Subject
#34 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 5:52 PM
corrupt archive, tried it with WinRAR and 7zip, same result
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#35 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 2:18 PM
I think this is an amazing set, and you are very good at creating! :lovestruc

Just so I understand (because I'm an idiot) for Base Game only players the only file we CAN'T use is the Lisen_CastIronFence file, that's the DV/WA one, right? Everything else we can use? But the stairs and the railing and the curved things and the Lisen_BaseGameCastIronFence we can use just fine? Just making sure! ^-^
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
I think this is an amazing set, and you are very good at creating! :lovestruc

Just so I understand (because I'm an idiot) for Base Game only players the only file we CAN'T use is the Lisen_CastIronFence file, that's the DV/WA one, right? Everything else we can use? But the stairs and the railing and the curved things and the Lisen_BaseGameCastIronFence we can use just fine? Just making sure! ^-^

Yes you can use the Base Game file, the only difference is that there will be a small gap if you place something on the fence, as shown in the pic.
I've cloned a fence from WA (DV - Destination Världen - in Swedish)
so if you have WA get the DV file...
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 5:11 AM
All files seem to work for me with just base game (I think I misunderstood the install instructions and just ended up copying ALL of the files to my mods folder when it didnt work the first time) except the stairs don't display quite correctly. Outside, and inside on a floor other than the one I am focused on at any given time, the treads are solid instead of having a transparency map. I don't know if this is a bug with the stairs or with the game itself (possibly a performance "feature".) Anyway, they look fine either way - just not quite as intended
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801
Thanks so much for all the nice comments.
Unfortunately the round part was not in the 7z file. Now I have updated and also added a small "corner filling" that can be used to fill the gap if you build such a balcony.

I apologize for the mistake.

I cannot find it in game the corner thinguie.. Where is at?

Thanks

:lovestruc
Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:45 PM
EtiennsS...

The corner filling you can find it among the statues in the decoration directory.

Lisen
Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:57 PM Last edited by EtienneS : 6th Jun 2011 at 3:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801
EtiennsS...

The corner filling you can find it among the statues in the decoration directory.

Lisen

Thank you! I am afraid it was not showing for me because I had 871687 million CCs.. I found now that I removed a half of my CC.. LOL

On a side note, what sort of FLOOR do we use with this corner? I can't seem to place it for the life of me.

HINT: For everyone else having the same problem: the little corner filling costs 10§ and is called "passbit" in game.

:lovestruc
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 12:11 PM
You can use any floor. First you make a diagonal corner and then place the "passbit".
Maybe you need to use the "moveobjects on"...
Test Subject
#42 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 7:28 PM
The stairs look amazing in your pictures, but I have a problem with my game.

The sides of the stairs look black and white like this: (picture)

Do you have any idea how this might be happening? I love the stairs and I would like to use them in my game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Loliwo
The stairs look amazing in your pictures, but I have a problem with my game.

The sides of the stairs look black and white like this: (picture)

Do you have any idea how this might be happening? I love the stairs and I would like to use them in my game.

Hi there...

I havae never seen anything like that and have no idea of what happen? The only thing I imagine is that's a problem with the graphic. Do you have similar problem with other objects?
Try to download again and use the CAS tool to change the color on the stairs. Maybe it helps...
Test Subject
#44 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 8:28 AM Last edited by Loliwo : 16th Jun 2011 at 9:20 AM.
I have never had it with another object, so I have no idea where this is coming from either. I tried to change the color, but that didn't work. I'll try to download again. Thanks for your help anyway.

Update: It seems they only look that weird when I use them inside, outside they look just fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 8:54 PM
I'm having that problem too, only it looks like wooden stairs? Annoying.. I want my cast iron!
Mad Poster
#46 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tansi
I'm having that problem too, only it looks like wooden stairs? Annoying.. I want my cast iron!
I'm having the same problem! Any update needed?
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 6:38 PM
I just popped in to see if there might an update that I had not noticed. I am afraid I am suffering the same problem with the texture. This set is simply too beautiful to uninstall.

Nothing lasts forever . . . except poetry readings.
b5Studio
Test Subject
#48 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 3:36 PM Last edited by vlad102 : 27th Oct 2011 at 12:12 PM.
Latest 1.26 patch causes loss of transparency for certain pieces of the set.
Screenshot, another one
Test Subject
#49 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 12:28 AM
Te set is beautiful and I use it in my Old Town reconstruction. So can we expect matching spiral stairs?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 1:17 PM
Oooo WoW how lovely :D
Thank you so much :D
Page 2 of 3