Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 2:46 PM
Default blurry textures !
Hey all ..

I am working on a project set with a BUNCH of new meshes and it is almost complete , Except for one problem I cant seem to correct ...I am trying to get some of the new objects textured with words on them and for some reason no matter how i import them with the dds utilities (tried every possible combo) the words come out extremely blurry to the point this set has been sitting on my computer for months now ....the textures even show up great in milkshape and in SimPE but ingaMe they look horrible ...Is there another way to import the textures and still retain the original crispness and sharpness of the words ???? PS i also tried to make the textures all the way up to a 1024 x 1024 and that still did not help .....I see all these creators with great looking textures closeup and it is really aggrevating me because this is like the third or fourth time i have asked for help on this ....I also did not include any packages because if i put them all on here it would be a huge file and also i want to know how to correct this problem and be able to do it myself for future projects ....Thanks in advance to ANYONE that can help !!!!
Advertisement
Fluffy
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 3:18 PM
tigmom,
I'm first going to ask the obvious question,
but is your game set on high for texture details and such?
stuff will rarely look good in the preview (it's not a high definition rendering), but if the texture looks crisp in the import window, it should be ok on the object
you might also want to check if your uv-map isn't distorted.

where does the blurring start? is it blurred in the import window?
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 7:39 PM
no it isnt blurry in the import window or even in the SimPE preview window nor is it blurry when i add the texture in milkshape thats why i have been so aggrevated ....I never even thought about my game being set to like normal texture details (and im not even blonde LoL) ..I will have to check that out and see what it is set on ...If that has been the whole reason they have looked like crap from the begining im going to be really mad LoL ...
Fluffy
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 9:33 AM
if a texture isn't blurred in SimPE, I think it's either because of the Sims2 graphics settings, or the uv map
but if the preview is making it look ok, the uv-map shouldn't be too distorted....

you could try updating your graphics card drivers, to get better ingame results
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 11:21 PM
yeah i think it was the settings because i do believe i wound up changing them a while ago and never went back in game to check my objects but i did now and up close they look great just a little fuzzy farther away but i would rather have good close ups ...Thanks lethe_s !!!!!!!
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: problem solved