Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 6:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default i can't figure out how to get my cars that i downloaded into my game
I have all the expansion packs, (pets included) and have downloaded cars, but they won't show up in my game...

please help
Advertisement
What just happend?
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 7:03 AM
Have you enabled "custom content"?

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 2:26 PM
Please go through all the steps in this faq: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=192907 Let us know if you have any more questions.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 6:50 PM
i have done all of that... and to no avail.. does it have anything to do with pets???
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 10:24 PM
Do other custom items show up? Are the cars Maxis recolours, or new meshes? Are the files in .package format?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 11:43 PM
some other custom items do show up, like the original Hunka 711, but no others that i have downloaded. Yes the files are in .package format. I have recently downloaded the Lamborgini Gallardo, and that won't show up.. among other things. I have downloaded the meshes for new cars, but still not show up
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 11:55 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 12:12 AM
i have tried everything in that thread, and still nothing.....
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 12:31 AM
Could you please show me a screenshot of your Downloads folder, with the car files in it? Put the folder onto detail view, so I can see the file type and size of the files, and also the address bar at the top.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:51 AM
Here is a screenshot of my downloads folder, with the recolors of the Hunka 711 and the Lamborgini Gallardo, as well the Dance Dance Revolution is in this shot, but won't show up in my game...

Now that i think about it, the Kebabs, and the Marshmallows on a stick, don't show up in my game either... Pretty much everything in this shot doesn't show up in my game.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 4:08 PM
Okay, next suggestion is something someone came up with in the Mac forum- it is a quicker way of ensuring all custom content is enabled:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...439#post1524439
Just substitute 'My Documents' where Marhis says 'Documents'.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 4:22 PM
I had the same problem, then I deleted nightlife, installed it again, put the downloads-folder back in my documents and then it worked again!
Now I have the problem with "standblues" (I don't know how to call it in english)... normaly it shows, when I click on a sim, but now this option is away and I can't do anything!

“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.” ~ A.A. Milne
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim225
I had the same problem, then I deleted nightlife, installed it again, put the downloads-folder back in my documents and then it worked again!
Now I have the problem with "standblues" (I don't know how to call it in english)... normaly it shows, when I click on a sim, but now this option is away and I can't do anything!

Could you perhaps post a screenshot to show us what you mean with this? Do you perhaps mean that the menus don't show up?