Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 2:12 AM
Sims 4 Compressorizer?
Now I know there was probably talk about it at one point but if anyone remembers there's a compressorizer program for the Sims 2 and it works really well for people who are slowly having limited drive space and load times. Now I know there's the option of merging but some of us don't trust it or don't want to do it just if things go wrong. I was wondering if a program like the one for Sims 2 would be possible to have? I'm surprised one wasn't made yet, if so.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 11:41 PM
I don't think one exists right now. I can give a little bit of advice though: If you do have a lot of CC, you can merge the packages with s4pe or sift through your CC to find what you don't use. Deleting your sims 4 cache files every once in a while helps with loading times.
Best of luck.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MajinKitty230
Now I know there was probably talk about it at one point but if anyone remembers there's a compressorizer program for the Sims 2 and it works really well for people who are slowly having limited drive space and load times. Now I know there's the option of merging but some of us don't trust it or don't want to do it just if things go wrong. I was wondering if a program like the one for Sims 2 would be possible to have? I'm surprised one wasn't made yet, if so.

You can also use a program to batch delete special characters, which considerably improve the loading time.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 12:36 PM
If you use Sims4Studio to merge your files (CC only, NOT mods) then there is also the option to unmerge them if you ever need to remove certain files if they become broken or need updating.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu