Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#226 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
That happens when they use an interaction that there's no toddler-specific interaction for. They switch to the adult animation and start floating.

In the Sims 3, it's even worse. Their limbs stretch out like noodles.

They shouldn't be able to do things like cooking and cleaning anyway. There's something wrong with your toddlers.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#227 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 1:20 PM
I explained it in the post. I used SimPE to change them to adults just for giggles. That doesn't update their bodies like changing their age with the Blender does.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#228 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:05 PM
Must I say more? LOL!

Instructor
#229 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:14 PM
When I first started getting back into Sims 2 not too long ago and my game was still completely vanilla I decided to load up the Smith family in Strangetown. The literal first thing that happened was Johnny going up to his mom and attempting to smooch her! I was flabbergasted and appalled. She pushed him away and the Polli Tech slapped Johnny, then went to comfort his wife with the most hilarious expression on his face. The only place I documented it was Snapchat to show my sisters. I went and got clean hood templates after that. Welcome back to Strangetown, I guess.
Screenshots
Instructor
#230 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 12:35 PM
Last night, Dulcinea Caliente used up all her cheat death wish all in one session. Grim came back for her two times after he originally came to collect her soul. So, Dulcinea pleaded for her life three times in the row. Not three days in a row, three times in the row. I was so confused. I never had that happen before.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
#231 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 8:01 PM
My child Sims went invisible, and their portrait showed them as toddlers.
Their grandma shortly after lost her portrait, and all that showed was a shadow. After I went to have her change appearance, the neighbourhood blew up. Still never figured out what the heck happened, but it hasnt happened since! (Fingers crossed and knock on wood)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Mad Poster
#232 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 8:41 PM
Back when I was a kid (about 8 or so, when the game first came out) I use to have this continuous glitch where the 'try for baby' interaction wouldn't work. My Sims just wouldn't get pregnant and I couldn't work out why. I had tried to start a legacy, but the founder and his wife just weren't getting pregnant. Ever. To the point where I was making them woohoo pretty much continuously until their needs were low, then I'd fulfill their needs (this is before I knew cheats) and make them woohoo some more.

Then the dialogue box pops up saying "[Founder] has gained a body skill point... blahblahblah". I thought it was a bit odd, but my innocent 9 year old mind didn't think anything of it. I told my Mum and she found it hilarious. It took me years to work out why she found it so funny.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 5:23 PM Last edited by Alex5 : 4th Mar 2019 at 1:31 PM.

She shocked at invisible witch, best funny ever
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#234 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 11:16 PM
I once had a Sim child duplicate himself when getting off the bus:

Reloaded the lot. Never happened again. I don't know.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 11th Jan 2020 at 2:56 AM
Well, just had a sim get fired 248 times in a row which was quite annoying. She has a memory for each one. Had to reload the lot for her to stop bawling about her 248 firings.
Mad Poster
#236 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 12:04 AM

Hi Bella! Hi Bella!

Hi Bella! Hi Bella! Hi Bella!
Forum Resident
#237 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 5:36 PM
I don't know if this was a glitch or not, but it has never happened again. I had a sim marry the butler (she was lonely after her husband died). For some reason, though, he was obsessed with her teenage daughter. He followed her around constantly, always trying to start a conversation, hang out, play redhands, tickle, etc. If she sat on the couch, he would sit next to her. If she moved to the table, he would follow her there and sit at the table. If she played chess, he joined. If she played piano, he watched. When she went to sleep, he would go in her room and look at pictures on the wall all night long unless I directed him to do something else. It was just creepy after a while.
Mad Poster
#238 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 8:41 PM
Butlers are strange. Once my sim married the butler and when I went to play another household, their neighbors, that ex-butler came and acted like a butler all day long until he went home at evening. Well, he didn't charge money though, so thanks for coming to help, neighbor. This family did not hire a butler and did not invite him, it was spontaneous from ex-butler.
Scholar
#239 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 7:09 PM Last edited by alljoj : 24th Jan 2020 at 7:38 PM.
Let me introduce you to the case of Belladonna Cove.

I created a family of two: A single father and his son. I keep playing with some other CAS sims for a while, as well as their household, and then decide to add someone new into their household and add family ties so they recognize her as part of the family. I save, I quit.

Now... everything gets blurry after this, but I think I tried to extract all of my CAS sims with SimSurgery at that point so I could make them in other places if I got bored in this hood. I don't enter the game again for a few days, but when I do, the two are gone! They're in their family portrait, I can click on them in the household, and their portraits are there, and I can even try and call them with other sims, but if I click on them? Nowhere to be seen! Their pie menus have no face, only leaving a blank space, their plumbobs when I click on them point to random places on the lot (one was over the bathroom and one was near a portal,) and any interaction in their pie menu immediately disappeared from their queue. The weirdest part? The new girl is perfectly fine! I joke around that she deleted them, but I seriously have no idea what happened.

The theory? Somehow, SimPE deleted their appearance data when extracting it. HoodChecker reported no missing character files, and clearly the rest of their data was still intact. If I kept the hood, I actually theorize that it wasn't even corrupted, but I was too attached to the two. Luckily, their appearances were in SavedSims, so lucky me, I guess?

This has been: Mysteries of alljoj's Sims 2 saves! Join me next time for the case of the missing Storytelling folder... (probably not, lol)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#240 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
This has been: Mysteries of alljoj's Sims 2 saves! Join me next time for the case of the missing Storytelling folder... (probably not, lol)

Some of mine got a little mucked up when I restored from backup:

Inventor
#241 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 7:40 PM
One which I never guessed why happened. I played one family living in apartment. I planned for them to be poor and struggling with money and all that. That was a married couple. Wife was working in journalism career, and after one of the promotions really big amounts of money were added out of nowhere when she was getting promoted. After few promotions they had over 38kk (millions) of simoleons. Like why, how?
Mad Poster
#242 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 7:40 PM
The theory? Somehow, SimPE deleted their appearance data when extracting it. HoodChecker reported no missing character files, and clearly the rest of their data was still intact. If I kept the hood, I actually theorize that it wasn't even corrupted, but I was too attached to the two. Luckily, their appearances were in SavedSims, so lucky me, I guess?

I would have tired moving the household out and back in to see if that worked.
Scholar
#243 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 7:43 PM
When I checked in SimPE, their thumbnails had a red background, and the sim browser said they had no character data. I think the problem ran deeper than apartments being buggy. In any case, they're all alive in Veronaville now, and I find that a much better fit for me, anyways.
Scholar
#244 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil_princess_of_evil
Well, just had a sim get fired 248 times in a row which was quite annoying. She has a memory for each one. Had to reload the lot for her to stop bawling about her 248 firings.

I've heard of terminating with prejudice, but that's ridiculous... (Your patience with the game is admirable)

Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007

Hi Bella! Hi Bella!

So that was the inspiration for the Bella Squared painting in the catalogue...
Scholar
#245 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 1:48 AM
The Belladonna Cove incident repeated itself! I extracted the appearances of some of my Veronaville Sims, cloned them in BodyShop, and now they have red backgrounds in SimPE! I might actually start looking for answers to this madness.
Theorist
#246 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 2:04 AM
The Belladonna Cove incident repeated itself! I extracted the appearances of some of my Veronaville Sims, cloned them in BodyShop, and now they have red backgrounds in SimPE! I might actually start looking for answers to this madness.

Did you remove their extracted appearance files from the SavedSims folder? If so, just return them to it, and they should be normal again.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#247 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 7:48 PM
Strangest glitch I've ever seen was a sim standing near a fence. All of a sudden he teleports to the other side and now is stuck and can't get out. Had to delete the poor soul from the lot to get them unstuck.
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 2:31 PM
I was trying to fix my game from some mods I didn't install properly so I had to close and open the game a bunch of times. In a few of these times I was doing this, my female sim was giving a backrub to her husband, but her husband was far away and he was still receiving the backrub! I looked over to her and she was in a very weird position as if she was dabbing (couldn't get a picture :c).

There was also once a time the social worker took my kids away (or were bringing them from adoption, not sure), the kid was glitching under the ground.
Lab Assistant
#249 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 12:08 AM

So I had my sim age up and he glitched, and when I say he glitched, I mean it looool:

Then his mother dragged him to infront of the TV...

And decided to put him down there like a toddler!

And he just sat down there like this! Until I directed him to walk somewhere. That was pretty bizarre!

Talking about glitches, there's this glitch I haven't managed to fix it since it happened, I found it pretty funny at the beginning but it just became into a slight frustration. My recliner simply became invisible! My sims can still autonomously use it as if it is there, but they end up sitting in the air, lol. Using move_objects or something doesn't allows me to "grab" the invisible recliner as if it isn't there, but attempting to place an object in there results in it saying there is already an object in there. :/

By the way, in the post up above I mentioned my sims giving a glitched massage to the other one and it happened again lol.
Forum Resident
#250 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 4:48 AM
A long time ago I somehow impregnated a young adult in uni, and instead of changing into maternity clothes she changed into her birthday suit.
Page 10 of 15