Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 1:58 AM
Default how to extract cars?
i spent 30 minutes trying to find the area to post this but this is the closet i got. if its the wrong place im sorry i cant find a better place to put it

im trying to extract 2 ingame carpool vehicles that maxis didnt include in nigthtlife vehicle selection. the little red BMW like sports car----sportscarMED. i think its refered to in sim pe...and the junky convertable blue one....sportscarLOW. in simpe.
i tried cloning it....like i did with the weather files...which worked fine...but the cars wont show up. SimPE wont let me pick the vehicle section becuse its not listed so i pick MISC. but they dont show up. so what i need is a tutorial or somthing on how to extract./clone ingame vehicles and make them drivable.
agian... if this isnt to go here...sorry..the closest i got to my problem is this area
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:25 AM Last edited by Khaibit : 18th Nov 2006 at 2:34 AM.
You try to clone "NSC-Cars" (Career) so if you want to get working cars you have to clone one of the NL-cars and only use the NSC-Car- mesh (mean: save the NSC-.car mesh in the NL-car package to get a driveable car; of course via _tslocator.obj).

Unsure about the correct English file-tree names but I try:
the NSC-carrer car is located in
- Misc (where groundcover/carpets, roofs, architecture etc. is located) the entry under "seating"
- in there it should be called vehicles/cars, something like that. They all have a "Career" listed in their names (Car - Carrer - etc.)

If they don't appear check "Extras" "Preferences" -> "File Table" if all your extensions are loaded in there - if not update and re-start SimPE first.

Hope this helped

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 5:52 PM
oo thank you. i was doing it way wrong. thanks
ill post back here if i have problems