Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 1:50 AM
Default Simpe changes texture
Ive been using SimPE for a while now and have never had this problem. I make my png file, imports it into SimPE and then do something else, say previewing my object. First I noticed this while previewing my object in simpe. The texture that I created changes. It seems like some of the color dissapears and it becomes a very bad texture. Does anyone know what im supposed to do here... this has never happend before though.... I have to also mention that in my png file, i have areas with less opacity.

thanks,,...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Siempe
Ive been using SimPE for a while now and have never had this problem. I make my png file, imports it into SimPE and then do something else, say previewing my object. First I noticed this while previewing my object in simpe. The texture that I created changes. It seems like some of the color dissapears and it becomes a very bad texture. Does anyone know what im supposed to do here... this has never happend before though.... I have to also mention that in my png file, i have areas with less opacity.

thanks,,...

Are you using the nvidia DDS utilities? Also, I recall having a similar problem with .png's and needing to futz with how Photoshop saved the file, something about whether it saved the alphas or layers or not...I'd be more specific but I don't think I ever did figure out exactly what I was doing wrong. I just kept playing with it until it worked. :p
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 9:06 AM
This has been discussed elsewhere and it turned out the problem was the latest DDS utilities. The person had to reinstall the old ones.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)