Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 1:45 PM
Default Tutorial for uv mapper?
Where can I find a tutorial to explain how change the map of a new object?
I have a new object and a map created with uvmapper,but I don't anderstand how make the change in SimPE to see my texture ?If I put my texture in png format (colored with the map created in uvmapper)it don't work fine because it use the old map of the cloning object...
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 1:49 PM
JWoods' Start to Finish object tutorial in the tutorial section uses UVMapper Classic, so you can probably find help from there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 9:40 PM
Thank you very much!Now I anderstand where was the problem!

I have another question,in this tutorial,JWoods create the guid after importing the new mesh,but I have another tutorial who create the guid before importing the new mesh!

Is it a difference,Or I can make what I want?

And the icon in the game is black,I can't see my recolor,is it a solution?
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 4:46 AM
It doesn't matter at which point you get the new GUIDs, either before or after importing the mesh is fine.

I don't know why the icon would be black. Do you mean it's literally black, or just blank? You could try deleting the packages called ObjectThumbnails.package and DesignModeThumbnails.package in the Thumbnail folder and see if it gets fixed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 1:31 PM Last edited by lurania : 16th Feb 2007 at 1:10 PM.
I have try how you write but it doesn't get fixed!Is literally black!Here is the package!

Edit! Now it's ok!I have modified stdMatlightingEnabled:0!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:36 AM
Default Newbie help please
I just created my first mesh by using jwoods tutorial for wings 3D. it works lol

I would like to know where I should go next with this to learn more and on how to make it recolorable.

I need a tutorial like how to make different legs for it or add a table cloth and so on.

Can any one point me in the right direction please. Or give me some advice.

tks beehive
Part-time Hermit
#7 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:33 PM
beehive, if you have the CEP correctly installed and followed the tutorial exactly, the object should already be recolorable.

For making different meshes, you can just make a Google search for Wings 3D tutorials. There is also one tutorial in the tutorial section for making complicated meshes with Wings 3D.

In the future, try not to hijack threads with posts that are off topic.