Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 2:05 AM
Default Sims will not autonomously pee at custom urinal
I am posting this for a friend....Oh ok, its mine.

I am making a urinal, and I have all working nicely - new mesh, effects correctly placed, and male sims only will pee - but only with prompting.

What happens is if I direct my sim to the urinal using the "use" on the menu - he will walk there and then not pee. I have to click Use again to get the sim to pee. They dont use the urinal autonomously.

I have also found that it seems to be impossible to clean the urinal if the urinal is on an owned community lot. (This also seems to be true of the EA urinal).

Attached is the object - help appreciated.

Thanks
Attached files:
File Type: rar  28925_110711185653-FanseeFish Resteze Urinal Cake Version.rar (22.3 KB, 31 downloads) - View custom content

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 8:39 AM
I don't know what is wrong with the autonomy (I honestly haven't had much luck in this department either for some reason ). But I think the problem with Sims not peeing may be related to a failure with the initial routing. At first, I couldn't even get a Sim to walk to it. Then I changed the routing nodes from to routing to a routing slot to a relative position (in front of and facing). The Sims went to the urinal and urinated just fine (although with *ahem* noteworthy distance with respect to the urinal). I don't have time tonight to investigate further regarding any possible problems with slot. Sorry.

I'm guessing there isn't a "Clean Urinal" interaction?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 8:54 AM Last edited by leesester : 12th Jul 2011 at 9:12 AM.
Thanks MSD - but that is also odd - I had no issues with the sim walking there - just peeing when he GOT there. I see a fair few set to next things in there saying "object is instance of category (insert guid here)", but here comes the freaky bit - the Maxis urinal doesnt have that guid either. Both of the urinals are using that guid defined in the BHAV as the fall-back guid - so I thought oh, ok, should work.

Well, me and my not-so-imaginary friend (though the clue to who is in the object ) have been doing some checking regarding recolours and cleaning. Our findings:

1. I had saved the business lot with both urinals dirty. Closed game. Reloaded, and the urinals were magically clean. After one use they were dirty again.

2. Made a pink cake recolour. The only texture available to recolour was the clean state - no dirty texture available in Object Workshop.

3. As soon as the sim flushes, the urinal reverts to the blue cake default colour. No more pink.

4. If a -dirty- urinal is recoloured with the design tool in game, it goes clean. After one use it's dirty again, with the default blue cake.

Colour me confused.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:24 AM
I don't think it matters with respect to the routing/urinating issue, but I did set the autonomy field as 0x32 and made the object buyable in a home lot out laziness. (Yes, I have a hunch who this friend may be. )

What happens if you let the "CT - Update Dirt State" BHAV run inside the Main BHAV's loop? I'm grasping at straws here (I should be going to bed -_- ), but that might make the clean/dirty textures stick when appropriate. Then there would just be the issue of cleaning (reducing the "dirty" level or whatever) it to restore it back to a clean state.

ETA: The Set to Next nodes that I see in "Interaction - Use - Autonomous" ([prim 0x001F] Set to Next (Stack Object ID 0x0000, object of type: GUID 0x4C29CE24) ) reference the original Maxis urinal of GUID 0x4C29CE24.

Tumblr
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:28 AM
Aha - that buyable in a home lot bust it when i tried it too - that's why I left it at community. It has a flag in the bhav saying "community lot - blabla" - and really, who has a urinal at home? Nobody I know

Oh, re the edit - hmm, that is even odder - I made a clone of the EA object - just pull default colours - and that GUID was the fallback, not the REAL guid. Course it was late and I ALSO should have been sleeping - but you know how it is when the object is nearly there - its "Oh, i will just try that - fire up AGS...wait...fail...grr...Ohhh, I will just try this..." Next you know its 4am.

*shrugs*
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:44 AM
I just told Object Workshop to open based upon that GUID and not actually clone the original urinal. Whether it's a fallback or the true GUID, it might be best to change it to your urinal GUID? Maybe urinals are by default self-referencing objects? *shrugs*

(Heh Heh. Um, yeah, about that...it's already almost 5AM here. Good thing I don't have much to do tomorrow. >_> I really must sign off for the night. Maybe someone else will have some ideas?)

Good luck.

Tumblr
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:46 AM
Ok, I will have a go - that GUID is in like 5 places, so I will do a patch on that and report back

Sleep well

*shrugs*
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:48 AM
I was just about to add a disclaimer about sleepy MSDs and their advice....but you responded before I could edit. Make a back up of the object first.

Thanks.

Tumblr
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
I was just about to add a disclaimer about sleepy MSDs and their advice....but you responded before I could edit. Make a back up of the object first.

Thanks.

LOL - we are currently on CakeUrinalversion2.4. I have so many versions when making an object I sometimes get horribly lost and start all over again

This is why stuff takes me so long - horribly disorganised (hides desktop)

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 1:24 AM
Ok, I tried the change the guid. No dice.

This is where I found the references to the fallback GUID and changed them all to the guid of my object.

BHAV instanceline (when sorted)op code
1008x050x001F
1003x150x001F
1003x1E0x001F
1002x80x0002
1002x120x0002

Any one else got any ideas on what may be wrong?

*shrugs*
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 3:31 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 13th Jul 2011 at 4:59 AM.
Okay! With well rested eyes, I can take another look at this.

I managed to have my own Sims and a customer urinate. I noticed in your "Interaction - Use - Autonomous" and "Interaction - Use - User Directed" BHAVs, your "[global 0x0126] Privacy - Shoo Sims" had undefined operands. The node said: [global 0x0126] Privacy - Shoo Sims (2 args: Do Anims (false, true)=????, Number of Attempts=????)

So I changed it to be [global 0x0126] Privacy - Shoo Sims (2 args: Do Anims (false, true)=Literal 0x0001, Number of Attempts=Literal 0x0003)
(Wizard code: 070100070300FFFF0000000001000000).

The Sims should animate when shooing and they will try 3 times to shoo a Sim. This can be changed of course.

It's possible that the unexpected operands were causing it to become confused, thus return False and then proceed to the Standard Exit as instructed.

ETA: The shooing can lead to trouble with Sims in a public bathroom when a Sim is trying to use the urinal at the same time. The Sim will want to be left completely alone with his urinal.

Tumblr
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 4:59 AM
Ah. Yes, I HAD noticed that sims were leaving the room when my guy was directed to pee, but he was not shooing them as usual. I think you're onto something there. But why are they being shooed anyway? Shouldn't it act like a public toilet where they'll use the thing with others in the room?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 5:07 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 13th Jul 2011 at 6:36 AM.
They are being shooed because you're telling the game that the Sim should have some privacy. The game should then perform a series of checks to see if a Sim should be shooed.

Here's an old thread of mine that may offer some added insight about "[global 0x0126] Privacy - Shoo Sims" and "[global 0x0138] Privacy - Ignore person?"".

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Global 0x126 (Privacy - Shoo sims) perform many checks; the sims are shooed only if really needed.
Here is a list of tests performed by the BHAV: if one of them is positive, then NO shoo is performed.
  • Am I very outgoing (>= 9 points out of 10)?
  • Am I outside?
  • For every sim on the lot: Ignore person? (If one of the following checks is positive, then the person must be ignored and not shooed):
    • Is in a different room?
    • Is a robot?
    • Is a Social Bunny?
    • Is a Therapist?
    • (Only if using an urinal) Is different sex?
    • Is child or older (i.e. not baby nor toddler)?
    • Is too distant (> 8 tiles away)?
    • (For adults/elder only) Is in love with me?
    • Is ghost?
    • Is blocked / can't move?

I would imagine that if there is a check involving the urinal inside a global BHAV, it's probably going to reference the MAXIS urinal GUID.

Bypassing the "[global 0x0126] Privacy - Shoo Sims" BHAV seems to allow Sims to use the urinals regardless who is present.

Tumblr
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 2:04 PM
ok - so - if I bypass that privacy check then the sims will use the urinal? That solves useability (main point) - now just for the cleaning/recolour problem.

Fansee is it possible for you to test the MAXIS urinal for clean/dirty and recolour issues? The recolour for the new urinal should work on the maxis as its a repo object.

There is no clean anim for urinals probably, but I guess we can try and hook up an anim? Like get them to mop it?

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:37 AM
Ok, I bypassed the Shoo - and in the Choose best urinal I changed the guid to my object guid - desperate sims ran to pee

Recolour stuff next. What is odd is that as this urinal of mine is a repo object then I am baffled why recolours are not working (ie remaining post flush). Maybe its that CT for the material.

Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#16 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:56 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 14th Jul 2011 at 1:44 AM.
Actually I'm pretty sure the recolours act the same way on the Maxis urinal. They definitely both reverted to clean on loading the game and when choosing a new recolour. I didn't try flushing the Maxis one, but am 99% sure it would act the same as the custom urinal. So it seems to be a Maxis glitch.

In fact, are the Maxis urinals even recolourable without CEP? It could be that they were never meant to be recoloured so it just doesn't work right.

ETA: Just double checked and the Maxis urinal does indeed handle recolours the same way.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Actually I'm pretty sure the recolours act the same way on the Maxis urinal. They definitely both reverted to clean on loading the game and when choosing a new recolour. I didn't try flushing the Maxis one, but am 99% sure it would act the same as the custom urinal. So it seems to be a Maxis glitch.

In fact, are the Maxis urinals even recolourable without CEP? It could be that they were never meant to be recoloured so it just doesn't work right.

ETA: Just double checked and the Maxis urinal does indeed handle recolours the same way.

BAH. So it seems not possible on the recolour. I had a look at recolouring toilets (related) and when you do the recolour file you get clean and dirty. So it looks like they are missing/differently made in urinals. We could always try de-repoing it and making out own with clean and dirty textures and stuff?