Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 3:03 PM
WCIF fully functional adoption mod?
Are there any proper adoption mods out there? That is, to give kids up for adoption, of course I know adopting children is already in the game. I was looking around online and could only find people talking about having kids get taken by social workers or manually moving them between households, but that's not what I want. Is there a mod where you can willingly give a kid up for adoption (rather than have them forcefully taken due to neglect), and have them actually be added to an "adoption pool" so that they may eventually be adopted by another household? It'd be so neat to be able to give up your kid and it being adopted by someone else, preferably automatically, so that they get the new family's last name etc. Also keeping the family tree is important, so that their bio parents are still registered! Maybe even adding a new relationship type? I don't know. I just want to be able to give kids up for adoption and have them find new loving homes, without just disappearing into the void and without having to be neglected before they're taken away.

If any modders happen to see this, you are MORE THAN WELCOME to completely steal the idea and make it happen, I just really want this mod to exist haha!

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 10:57 PM
1. If you select correct option in MCCC, neglected kids (or those who were orphaned by death of their parents/caregivers) will get adopted out by other sims instead of vanishing.

2. Lumpinou made a huge Woohoo & Wellness mod, which is mostly about pregnancy (for example WTDs, teen pregnancy drama, unwanted pregnancy and abortion or accepting the child) / paternity, surrogacy or artificial insemination. And in March there's going to be released another module for this mod, overhauling adoption system and option to give up kids for adoption, so look up for that.