Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 3:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Only One Lot Running Extremely Slow
Hello all,

I've recently been playing the Sims 2 UC on Windows 10. I'm doing a rotational Pleasantview play, and it's been great so far. However, I moved Cassandra and Don into the Maxis built lot next to the Goth mansion (105 Sim Lane), and it's suddenly started running extremely slow. When I go to 3x speed, it's basically running in normal speed. However, the odd thing is the game works on all other lots just fine (including the Goth mansion which is bigger). And in build/buy mode on this lot, the game works fine with no slowdown.

I'm playing at 1080p but lowered the graphics down to 800x600 for testing, and the problem persists. It worked fine the first few hours they moved in, so I'm not sure what happened. I adopted a kitten, bought a car / driveway (which I deleted after they got home from work and that didn't help), and hired a maid and gardener. I tried deleting some stairs on the different decks thinking maybe it was routing issues since they seemed to walk outside the house a lot to different rooms but it didn't help. I do have a lot of CC installed , but like I said the game worked fine on other lots for an in game week long. I have nosimloaded, notownieregen, and all that. And the lot inspector shows no issues.

Any ideas on what could break just one lot? Appreciate any help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 4:41 PM
The problem does sound like routing errors, which honestly doesn't surprise me because the rooms in that house are much too small. I've long since bulldozed the original Maxis version of that house and replaced it with a remodel that I found on MTS which has a better interior layout.

What are your sims trying to do when the lot runs slowly? Has this lot run slowly since your sims first moved in or did it take awhile for this problem to show up? Are there areas of the house which your sims seem unable to enter?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 5:14 PM Last edited by flyertiger : 5th Dec 2020 at 6:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The problem does sound like routing errors, which honestly doesn't surprise me because the rooms in that house are much too small. I've long since bulldozed the original Maxis version of that house and replaced it with a remodel that I found on MTS which has a better interior layout.

What are your sims trying to do when the lot runs slowly? Has this lot run slowly since your sims first moved in or did it take awhile for this problem to show up? Are there areas of the house which your sims seem unable to enter?

It doesn't seem to matter what they do. Even if they are at work it has been slow. It seemed to be fine the first few hours they moved in, but after they both went to work Monday it started having issues. I did send them late since they moved in and work had already started which may have been a bad idea. I did some renovations on the house to widen the upstairs. I'll play around with deleting more deck stairs too. My computer should be fine to power through it. Speed x3 is like 1 sim minute a second it's really slow.

EDIT: I tried giving up the cat for adoption, deleting all entrances to the house except the front door, deleting all upstairs doors except the master bedroom, deleting extra stairs, deleting objects, removing some things in tight places, and even killing off each sim and nothing seemed to improve it. It's so weird and annoying since the game isn't laggy moving the camera, buying things, or on any other lot.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 6:58 PM
The game seems to be trying to do something when it's running that isn't happening when you're in Build/Buy mode or paused to take screenshots. Whatever the problem is, it does seem to be specific to this particular lot. If it's not a routing problem, there may be something else that's stuck - a controller or something maybe. Have you checked the "Nuke" and "Fix" menus on the Batbox?

There is a chance that this particular lot may simply be buggy - sometimes evicting the family and then moving them back into either that lot or another one will fix problems, especially if you use Chris Hatch's lot cleaner before moving the family back in.

Chris Hatch's lot cleaner - DO NOT use this on lots with sims still living in them! All you have to do is pick it up from the catalog and then save the lot. Don't save the object on the lot - you don't want it to stay there when the family moves back in. - https://simfileshare.net/folder/22477/

The lot cleaner looks like this test object and costs $400. - https://modthesims.info/d/36604/max...en-contest.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The game seems to be trying to do something when it's running that isn't happening when you're in Build/Buy mode or paused to take screenshots. Whatever the problem is, it does seem to be specific to this particular lot. If it's not a routing problem, there may be something else that's stuck - a controller or something maybe. Have you checked the "Nuke" and "Fix" menus on the Batbox?

There is a chance that this particular lot may simply be buggy - sometimes evicting the family and then moving them back into either that lot or another one will fix problems, especially if you use Chris Hatch's lot cleaner before moving the family back in.

Chris Hatch's lot cleaner - DO NOT use this on lots with sims still living in them! All you have to do is pick it up from the catalog and then save the lot. Don't save the object on the lot - you don't want it to stay there when the family moves back in. - https://simfileshare.net/folder/22477/

The lot cleaner looks like this test object and costs $400. - https://modthesims.info/d/36604/max...en-contest.html

I ran the nuke Scenario Controller which said it removed 0 objects and the nuke SFX stuck SFX and one of them fixed it! Thanks so much for the help.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 3:45 AM
I'm glad you were able to get your bug fixed. That batbox is a real lifesaver sometimes!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 6:37 AM
Unfortunately the issue came back and won't go away this time. Guess I'll have to go with the move out, and maybe move to a different lot option. Made a video of the issue to show I cleared out almost every object, door, and stairs with the same problem. Also showed some buy mode to show the speed was fine. Also remind me never to use in game recording again wow lol the quality is bad.

https://streamable.com/eb4l99
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 3:32 PM
I think we've all had these symptoms at one time or another. The problem is trying to narrow down what could be causing them. In my case, Pescado's nouniprotect was causing dormies to pass out in my University dorms. For some reason they almost always had trouble finding a spot with enough room to do that. They also refused to go into their rooms to recharge until quite late at night, so once a few dormies becan to get tired the whole lot would be like a slide show from all the routing failures. This is a global mod, though and all of my dorms were doing that.

You can change the settings for the in-game video recorder so the picture is at least a little bit larger and clearer. They're on the screen with the camera options (see my screenshot).
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:27 PM
Ok moved them out, ran the lot cleaner, then moved back in and so far so good.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 8:04 PM
Sometimes using the force error on option on the batbox is helpful for stuff like that--the game is trying to do something that isn't working. Just make sure if you play with testing cheats on that you turn that off first, and that all sims are home, because it really does force errors on all in-world or off-world or both, and that's a lot of resets to click and everysim bounces back to the lot if they aren't there.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh