Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1351 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 7:19 PM
Was that in the MATY AL Director's Cut? I think I found the culprit.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1352 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 7:30 PM Last edited by ourladyplumbob : 9th Oct 2016 at 7:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Was that in the MATY AL Director's Cut? I think I found the culprit.

I'm pretty sure it was. I made the mistake of dumping pretty much all of that into my mods folder before I'd even opened the game. But don't worry, I did figure out what the mod was and removed it.
Edit: To clarify, I don't think the mod itself was bad at all. I didn't realise it was there so it some unintended consequences, and possibly conflicted with something else I had. But it was quite entertaining, I will admit
Scholar
#1353 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 7:57 PM
I'm going to keep it in, it's honestly hilarious.
Mad Poster
#1354 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ourladyplumbob
Oh God. I once downloaded a mod from somewhere, probably MATY (I think it was called nodormieprotect), that made dormie's needs go down at the same time as controlled sims. I kind of forgot all about it, I don't play university that often.
Then I had some sims that needed to go to uni. And the dormies just started dropping like flies. They were dying left and right. They would come back from class and drop dead on the spot. They would pass out on the kitchen floor for 5 hours then wake up to piss themselves then die. It was absolute chaos. On good days, there were about 3 deaths. I think I had at least 15 dead sims by the end of that term. I had NO idea what was going on! And the straw that broke the camel's back- my own sim just dropped dead on his way to class. His motives were all green then BAM. (Hello darkness my old friend.) I was livid and I quit without saving. I did some frantic googling and got nothing. Then I saw that mod mentioned somewhere else and it suddenly dawned on me that I had downloaded it...

To play colledge with totally new experience and if you want use that mod you need at least 2 more mods as essential for this mod:
no autonomous research and self preservation. Also you need rebuild or refurnish dorms for dormies to have access for enough beds, food and hygiene on common area.They sometimes use still their dorm rooms but it is rare. Most important is elliminate triggers like research and homework. They don't need them at all.
So far only one dormie died in my uni and it was totally my fault.
Mad Poster
#1355 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 8:47 AM
On the topic of fights, I've mentioned using custom radio stations several times. However, on my classic rock station, I actually ended up pulling one of the songs (I've since forgotten the name) because every single time it played, Sims would get into fights. The second time it happened it was "...okay." The tenth time it was "maybe I should rearrange the tracklist?" The twentieth time it was "okay, enough of that, I'm finding another song."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#1356 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 4:19 PM
Two sims were playing Punch You, Punch Me, one punched too hard, typical stuff. But as the game ended, I swear I heard the other say, "Ugh, grow up!"

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#1357 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 5:06 PM
Apparently move objects on and picking up a dog-dug hole is a bad idea. Wherever I moved it the ground became transparent. So apparently stairs and foundation poles go very deep into the absolute nothingness below a thin layer of grass. Glad I don't live in Sims world, I'd be terrified

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#1358 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 6:13 PM
Absolute nothingness has soom pretty impressive reflections. It's almost as if the crust of SimNation consists of mirror glass...

It also explains why every single square of ground dug by a Sim, sooner or later, contains a water pipe - it's to protect the glass from shattering and giving every Sim 7 years of bad luck...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1359 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Apparently move objects on and picking up a dog-dug hole is a bad idea. Wherever I moved it the ground became transparent.

Does the ground come back if you save and then re-load the lot?
Forum Resident
#1360 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 8:11 PM
Couple of days ago, one of my households stayed dark at 7 am. I wondered if the lot would continue in a perma-night state, but the sun finally rose at 8 am. I've played that lot through a few more sim days and nights but it hasn't happened again. In 8 years of simming, I'd never seen that happen before. I have not added, removed, or changed anything in my game or on my computer in over a month, so no idea what caused this.
Theorist
#1361 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Couple of days ago, one of my households stayed dark at 7 am. I wondered if the lot would continue in a perma-night state, but the sun finally rose at 8 am. I've played that lot through a few more sim days and nights but it hasn't happened again. In 8 years of simming, I'd never seen that happen before. I have not added, removed, or changed anything in my game or on my computer in over a month, so no idea what caused this.

That happened to me as well a few weeks ago! And I was playing a family that, due to their work schedules stays in bed longer...so it was really odd to see that family wash up and eat breakfast while it was still dark
Mad Poster
#1362 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Does the ground come back if you save and then re-load the lot?

I imagine it would, but I'm not about to try. I quit without saving, don't want to take any chances :P

Mad Poster
#1363 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:52 PM
I found out you shouldn't try to go around the business mechanism preventing you from placing cars unless it's for sale on a car podium. I wanted a display car for inside the shop that was purely decorative, so I bought one on the home lot and used moveobjects on to place it in the shop. Next thing I know the car is gone and instead appears driving past the lot, throwing an error as it vanishes at the end of it. I clicked reset, and it appeared again at the start of the lot driving down to the end. Empty car just happening to zoom by your business

Mad Poster
#1364 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:54 PM
I hope you made backup just before....
Mad Poster
#1365 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:40 AM
Nah. It's a glitch, I highly doubt it could cause corruption. Corruption requires stray bits of broken data, this is just an object glitch that is easily fixed by quitting without saving.

Inventor
#1366 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I found out you shouldn't try to go around the business mechanism preventing you from placing cars unless it's for sale on a car podium. I wanted a display car for inside the shop that was purely decorative, so I bought one on the home lot and used moveobjects on to place it in the shop. Next thing I know the car is gone and instead appears driving past the lot, throwing an error as it vanishes at the end of it. I clicked reset, and it appeared again at the start of the lot driving down to the end. Empty car just happening to zoom by your business

Oh nice, you got a business selling those cars without needing a driver.

Next thing there will be robots delivering pizzas, although those already exist. :P
Instructor
#1367 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:44 AM
This happened just a few hours ago. Brittany Upsnott was having a date with that downtownie in the snake skin jacket, and at the last minute,they both suddenly roll the "woohoo with" and "have very first woohoo with" wants. I say "ok", and I send them to her home, so they can woohoo in peace. The cutscene ended almost at the same time the date ended, and THIS message appeared when the time ran out (first time that one shows up, I always get the message that begins with "holy cow!"):
Looks like he enjoyed it. So much, he forgot he was in his undies when he left the lot , unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of that.
Mad Poster
#1368 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:54 AM
My brother once had his sim's date yell at him about how she was miserable and he obviously didn't care about her needs and then immediately follow that with the whole "I had a wonderful time; call me!" message.
Mad Poster
#1369 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:41 PM
I had send my sim on a community lot, because she was lacking social very much...she lived alone
Random sims started to show up as well, as usual, so my sim would head towards some to greet them.
She would go for any of the usual social interactions, him over there, her here, etc.

Then her own dad shows up on the lot too. Making almost just an apparition, as he seemed to quickly decided otherwise, and was heading off the lot.
You saw my sim RAN to try catching him up before he vanishes into the offlotzone.
That was very funny...I guess you had to be there.
Dad : Oh no, not her, she'll ask me for money again, I better leave this place before she sees me...
Daughter : Daddy! Nooooooo waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
kinda feeling.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#1370 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast

Do you use the sethour cheat or any hacked objects which change the in-game time?

Otherwise, Europe just got Daylight Savings time this week. Perhaps your game was joining in

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#1371 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Do you use the sethour cheat or any hacked objects which change the in-game time?

Otherwise, Europe just got Daylight Savings time this week. Perhaps your game was joining in

Sure I use sethour and have been for years but never saw this before two months ago. And the only mod in my game that affects time is the mod changing uni semesters to 24 hours. :shrug: It happened a second time a couple weeks later, and not since. Maybe I tripped a really obscure bug somehow, dunno. It was kinda cool actually.
Mad Poster
#1372 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 6:10 PM
Sethour can cause this kind of thing very rarely. I had skipped days in mine; it was weird!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#1373 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:18 AM
Is the day-to-night lighting routine also affected by sethour?
Inventor
#1374 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 3:04 AM
So, I am still laughing hard enough to hurt my ribs over the Sim's farting I can now control. Sims that either sit or stand while doing something will groan in annoyance over the flatulence if the afflicting Sim is ripping big near them, and then everyone in the lot freaking out over the stench. I really wished I had discovered this mod sooner, as the excess laughter has been proven the best medicine for me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1375 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 3:05 AM
If you change it from day time to night time the game will darken and if you change from night time to day time the game will become daylight- is that what you mean?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 55 of 58