Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Gardening Mod v7b

by scumbumbo Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM by scumbumbo : Bugfix for Version 7 - Weeding Planters

344 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 173 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 14
Field Researcher
#201 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 4:47 AM Last edited by bshag4lv : 2nd Oct 2015 at 4:51 AM. Reason: typos
Default problem
Hi! I'm not sure just when this problem started but my sims can harvest all wild plants but any other plants besides herbal plants and they can't replant them in garden pots or planters, not even anywhere on their lot. After much testing, I found that the v.4 of faster gardening is the one. Do you plan to update this mod anytime soon? It is a very good mod and I would like it back in my game. (Please )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#202 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 9:30 AM
This is a fantastic (pair of) mods - this and Evolve All. Love them.
A suggestion: a version of harvesting where you can selectively harvest types (eg, leaving flowers unharvested. I'd like to have my lilies left alone to keep my gardener focussed!)
Deceased
Original Poster
#203 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bshag4lv
Hi! I'm not sure just when this problem started but my sims can harvest all wild plants but any other plants besides herbal plants and they can't replant them in garden pots or planters, not even anywhere on their lot. After much testing, I found that the v.4 of faster gardening is the one. Do you plan to update this mod anytime soon? It is a very good mod and I would like it back in my game. (Please )

I checked the mod when the patch came out, but there weren't any changes to the game that I saw which would affect it. Is anyone else seeing problems like this?
Deceased
Original Poster
#204 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sherykaht
Since the latest game upgrades and fixes this mod is not letting my sim take cutting from the plants on her own property but she can take cutting from plants any there else in the world. This is the only error I've found since the September game upgrade.

I don't think that error could be caused by this mod, nothing should have changed for it with the last game patch. Cuttings still work fine on my sim's lots, so not sure what could be causing that problem for you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#205 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 7:16 PM
Thanks! I would still love for there to be an even faster version however.
Test Subject
#206 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 4:21 AM
Thank you so much, scumbumbo! It works great :-) i recommend this mod otherwise gardening takes forever in gardens with more than 5 plants.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#207 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 10:45 AM
I had this before starting to garden, but if it's doing it's job and gardening is still as slow as it can be with a lot of plants, then you have the immense gratitude of my gardener sims for being allowed to sleep.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#208 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 4:01 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#209 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 9:46 PM
Definitely has made starting a legacy and gaining money more pleasant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#210 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 8:49 AM
AWESOME THANKS
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#211 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 11:41 PM
To me it seems like in 1.13, Maxis have implemented some changes to gardening that may render this somewhat obsolete (like commodity_Gardening_Moisture from 6.25 to 35 in S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000008D67.xml Gardening_Tend_Continuation_water; this mod had changed that value to 18) -- can anyone confirm or deny that gardening effectiveness has improved in that version by default?

I wanted to update it but haven't had much time to check in-game yet.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#212 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 8:44 AM
Some people are reporting at officials that the mod is broken and their game wont load. My is loading fine with this mod in. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? this mod is now on the officials list of broken mods.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#213 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 2:56 PM
My game works fine with the (unedited) mod, and gardening is speedy as well. When people declare it broken but can't even be arsed to post here, I don't really know what to say ..

I do think it should be checked though, because the old code has routing constraints that the new one doesn't have, and I dunno whether that might affect sims clustering in groups or clubs or whatever. It is probably not a big issue though.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#214 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 4:24 PM
I had to take this mod out along with scumbumbo's other gardening mods. My game loaded fine but, my sims couldn't use their beds until I took them out. I tested with just these mods in my game. I tested them one at time and had the same problem. Sims couldn't use their beds.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#215 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 4:51 PM
Thanks for that info =). So how does gardening work for you without this mod? Is it as slow as it used to be, or is it faster now with 1.13? I haven't had much of a chance to compare ..

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#216 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 6:39 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Dec 2015 at 6:52 PM.
I just checked and bed use is not a problem for my sims. I'm using the same mods/CC as before the patch, with very few exceptions (three I updated, temporarily removed a few). I dunno, perhaps the fact that my beds are working fine is due to some other mod?

ETA: Nope, works just as well when the only mod I have is this one. (Had to buy them new beds though, since the existing ones were all custom)

Screenshots

Test Subject
#217 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 5:00 AM
Thank you for testing this out, @plasticbox. This mod is pretty much a must for me. I will put it back in by itself for a test run and report back here if I have any problems, and keep an eye out for it affecting groups.
Test Subject
#218 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 8:23 PM
I had version 4 and since the update a few days ago, I can't start my game, it says game data is missing. This is the same for your evolve all mods too. This is such an awesome mod when it's working though! x
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#219 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 11:42 PM
"Game Data Missing" may also mean that you have some data open in another program so the game can't access it (maybe you're trying to figure out why a mod won't work?) -- the error messages do not differentiate between "missing" / "broken" / "inaccessible", unfortunately. If you think that might be it, try closing everything sim related before you start the game.

Test Subject
#220 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 4:33 PM
After some testing, my game loaded fine, and so far I have not had any problems with this mod as far as I can tell. Gardening is speedier than without it. It seems like Maxis did adjust the watering a bit, that seemed quicker than before the last patch and before I put the mod back in. But the spraying still took forever, and the weeding was pretty long without the mod too. My sim visited with his wife and child when gardening as well, and I rarely noticed that multitasking before the last patch, so that is great.
When we went to the Park, my Sim could harvest and take cuttings from the plants there, and we went with a group of friends. I didn't notice any issues with the group. One guy did leave right away, but he was due at work. The group seemed to stay together pretty well. I don't have Get Together yet. I'll post again if I see issues in further play.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 9:05 PM
Awsome! Ty 4 the great share...
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
To me it seems like in 1.13, Maxis have implemented some changes to gardening that may render this somewhat obsolete (like commodity_Gardening_Moisture from 6.25 to 35 in S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000008D67.xml Gardening_Tend_Continuation_water; this mod had changed that value to 18) -- can anyone confirm or deny that gardening effectiveness has improved in that version by default?

I wanted to update it but haven't had much time to check in-game yet.

I didn't do extensive tests, but yeah, Maxis did tweak gardening. That is not the only change, weeds now grow at a quarter of their former speed (decay_rate dropped from 1 to 0.25 in commodity_Gardening_Weeds).
Deceased
Original Poster
#223 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 7:59 PM

Version 5 has been released today which addresses issues from the 1.13 game patch. This includes implementing the faster watering speed of 35, and includes all previous speed-ups and the extended range for searching for the next plant to work on. Also, the game "rally" and social broadcasting options are now included, which allows clubs and other social groups to join in on gardening and gain relationship points while doing so.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator THANKS POST
#224 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 8:08 PM
Ah, thanks for the update! I promptly forgot to look into it any further =)
Deceased
Original Poster
#225 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 8:17 PM
Ah, thanks for the update! I promptly forgot to look into it any further =)

Hehe, I'm sure you have tons of better things to do than look after my mods!
Page 9 of 14