Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6801 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 8:30 AM
Plot of Land has been established. The mayor, Lucien Babybat III, was given direct authority to establish a new town by the SimCity Council of Development. This Plot of Land only has three roads at the moment and seven houses, but covers 45,000 acres of land and is situated on the outskirts of Willowbrooke Hollow, roughly 30 miles south of SimCity. The mayor took the cheap route when constructing the lots and contacted the mayors of several other small towns to borrow their housing designs. We shall see what happens in this new-found town.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6802 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 2:34 PM
The Travellers were planning a pleasant Sunday when time froze on them. I could line up actions and use build/buy mode, access their inventories, and swap between them to investigate all the information in the UI but the clock never progressed and nobody moved. No in-game troubleshooting accomplished anything, so I went on to play the next household in the rotation. The Martins played all right; so did the MacGreggor/Newson farm. Daisy Greenman's teen birthday party went off without a hitch, as did her acquisition of a community lot, the packing up of a bunch of the produce in her inventory using the Sims Wardrobe Produce Packing Station, which I had just added, the earning of her first simoleon, and a trip to Sandra's Salon for a well-earned teen makeover. When she got home, though, the clock froze and the household was in the same state as the Travellers. Like the Travellers, the moment of freezing seemed to be the moment of transition from one season to the next.

Encouraged at this sign that the problem was not due to anything specifically wrong on the lot and would respond to straightforward troubleshooting, I quit the game, made a backup copy, ran Hoodchecker just to be sure, and put the backup copy into game setup with only the essential mods. I recently added a bunch of CC, including some mods, so theoretically I shouldn't have to do the 50/50 in its entirety, only test the recently added ones; however, many of them - like the packing station - were transferred from a different game setup, where they worked just fine, so it's not as simple as sorting them by date modified or created and only testing those mods. And of course if there's a conflict, one-half of the conflict could be something that's been in the retro setup for ages. I got interrupted before I got very far last night, but I should be able to tediously wade through the chore sometime today.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#6803 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 2:36 PM
Last night elders Sgt. Cord and Cherry Wood celebrated their new-found freedom as empty nesters by going on a date. Their first date night in Sim years! They bowled, they danced, they had a lovely dinner, they stayed out until 6 AM, just like they did when they were young. They went home, but before they could wrap up the date, both had to use the bathroom. Cherry went second, and clogged the toilet. Sgt. Cord thought about unclogging it right then, but the timer was running out, so they had to get down to business. Make out, woohoo, and then, as Sgt. Cord was still awake afterwards, he got up and unclogged the toilet and pulled some weeds in Cherry's veggie patch.

This is why playing elder couples can be fun.
Mad Poster
#6804 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 7:54 PM
Made a new family for my new Island neighbourhood. I'm still trying to pad out the storyline a little

This is the Weiss family, Byron & Mallory retired to the Island several years ago after Byron's successful car dealership got bought out. Mallory had spent her whole life raising her children and never felt like she had enough time to persue her own hobbies. They were so happy to leave all their troubles behind and finally relax. Not too long after, their daughter Connie moved in - supposedly to help them with everyday chores and anything else they may need now that they're late into their elder stage... though she was almost never around to help out - she much preferred sleeping through the day and staying out all night. Of course, they ended up looking after her when Connie found herself pregnant after a fling with one of the locals on the island. The result - Triplet daughters! Not long after the triplets were born, tragedy struck - Connie sadly passed away (Haven't yet decided how, childbirth maybe? Drowning while swimming intoxicated?) and Byron & Mallory were left to raise their triplet granddaughters. It's been a few years, they're not getting any younger and the triplets are getting into everything. Their son Callum has since moved in - He was hoping moving to the Island would be like one big long vacation, but he's quickly realising he needs to be more solid than just the "fun Uncle character". In time will he step up, or follow in his older sister's footsteps and avoid his responsibilities?

As a side note, I absolutely love the triplets faces. I was kinda worried about them being born in game in case Connie and the Father's faces didn't quite mash together right... but they're freaking ADORABLE :lovestruc

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#6805 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 8:53 PM
I think I finally figured out where I was going wrong with downloaded universities, but wanted to make sure they worked properly without risking a hood I'm invested in. I've been missing Strangetown, and it's easily reset if I break it, so I decided to go there.

Ophelia Nigmos and Tank Grunt have enrolled at Brainania, which hasn't done anything weird yet. Tank may well transfer to Quadington, though, as Brainania is a bit too pretty for his tastes, plus he certainly doesn't want to attend the same university as Ripp.

Johnny Smith had a lousy birthday party - twice! I was distracted the first time and didn't get him to the cake, so exited without saving and tried again. Everybody seemed happy enough, eating, chatting and dancing, but for some reason it still ended only one step above a disaster. Sorry, Johnny! Parties are really not my thing.

Pascal Curious has given birth to a little girl, whom he named Zoe Anne after his two grandmothers.

Ajay Loner is anything but a loner, having welcomed no fewer than ten Sims into his home the day he arrived. He wishes he knew who peed on his floor, though, because he'd rather not invite that Sim back again!

General Buzz came home to an empty house, and eventually found a notice advising him that Ripp and Buck had been taken into care following allegations of abuse. He didn't make things any better for himself when he called the social worker and yelled at her, saying he was trying to turn that waste-of-space pansy, Ripp, into a real man, and he had never, ever raised a hand to Buck. The social worker merely concluded that young River Smith, who had told his teachers what he had seen while visiting Ripp, had if anything understated how bad the situation was. Ripp and Buck have been placed with Pete and Jenny Smith (no relation to River), who have plenty of room for them, and are settling in nicely.
Scholar
#6806 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 10:11 PM
After writing about the Beaker family house, I decided to go play there, and the days of “no drama” are now at an end. Playing wants-based can sometimes be a recipe for disaster.

Anyway, Blossom had a want to invite Michelle over. Why would she want to do that? Well, she’s a busybody, and she values family more than anything, so she figured if she got Michelle over, she could help Camellia and her sister mend fences. But Blossom is also so naive, bless her heart. Michelle accepted the invitation, walked in the door, and immediately said or did something inappropriate with Foster. Camellia saw this, slapped her sister silly, and told Foster to get out, that he had used up all his chances. His parents’ divorce and a subsequent kitchen fire (which used up most of their cash for remodeling) sent Sanford into an aspiration spiral, and he started flunking out of high school, although for some reason he did not lose his afterschool job. Blossom then wanted to invite Foster over, I guess to try to fix the chaos she had caused, but she didn’t have to because Foster strolled in every evening around dinnertime anyway. This inevitably led to shouting matches and fistfights between him and Camellia. Then Blossom wanted to see some family, so she invited her son, Porfirio, for dinner. Foster was there, of course, and after dinner, Camellia dragged Porfirio (who is married, btw) up to the bedroom for some revenge woohoo. So yeah, things are a mess there now.

College enrollment was coming up for Sanford, and he had neither the grades nor the scholarships to get in. Camellia knew that if he failed to go to college, it would send him completely over the edge; they might as well lock him up in the insane asylum for life. With their cash depleted, she made the difficult decision to sell every nice thing they owned to scrape together enough money to bribe Sanford’s way into college. It worked, and he grew up well, but now the Beakers have lost pretty much everything.

Throughout all this, Destro could be seen sitting on the couch with a book or watching TV, studiously ignoring the fights and temper tantrums raging around him. Somewhere in there, he became an elder as well. Maybe now with Sanford in college and Foster and Camellia divorced, he and Blossom should downsize to a quiet condo for their retirement years. And he really should keep Blossom away from the phone.
Forum Resident
#6807 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 4:19 PM
Angela Broke died of old age. It felt like yesterday that she was a teenager having her first kiss with Dustin. They grow up so fast

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#6808 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 8:11 PM
With the passing of both Buck Grunt and Nervous Specter Curious, the last of my original Strangetown playables are gone. I rarely get past this point with a neighborhood, but I am determined to keep going with this one, which has had so many fun and interesting developments.

Both Buck and Nervous had good, long lives. Buck stayed married to Guy Wrightley and was blissfully unaware of Guy's occasional infidelities. He was an extremely successful lawyer and in his elderhood, he purchased three townhouses where the extended Grunt family could live. Besides Guy and Buck, also living there were Buck's half-brother, Hal; his niece, Laurette; his adopted son, Odis; Odis's husband, Gunnar; and his granddaughter, Brittanie. (Sadly, he remained estranged from his adopted daughter, Ashlee.) On his last day, Guy threw a great party and invited even more Grunts over. Both he and Buck died within minutes of each other at the party, which was a roof raiser.

Nervous had a long and loving relationship with his husband, Irving Curious. He never really needed anyone but Irving, though they did have an adopted daughter, Alyse, whom they loved very much. Nervous was retired from the military, and Irving had reached the top of the Gamer career. They lived quietly (aside from Nervous's not-infrequent fights on community lots) and for each other. I'm going to miss him.
Instructor
#6809 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 10:22 PM
Babies, lots and lots of babies.

In my current hood, Sims are just getting married, having children, or both -- that's it. I'm playing with Story Progression, so jobs, friends, and aspiration levels are being taken care of by that. All I do is help Sims contribute to the hood population in 1-day rotations. Even with SP, some sims need encouragement with getting married or having children.

I have given up on playing a Wants Based game style, as it has bored me to beyond tears. And Challenges are too long for me to care about, so I probably will play like this for the rest of my Simming days. Not having the pressure of making sure my sims wants are fulfilled or producing 10 generations of heirs is making me enjoy playing the game again .

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#6810 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 10:37 PM
Apparently, BO's More Realistic Yields conflicts with the apple default I downloaded from somewhere. It took a long, long time to sort that out, long enough that once I did I shouldn't have played; but after so many iterations on opening the Traveller lot and seeing if they moved I really wanted to get on with it. Trisha quit her job at the salon so she could be look after Trent's alien son Tom during the day, and started a crop in the greenhouse. Trent noodled around skilling and feeding the baby, and I made him fix the bathtub and do some yardwork. Tina washed her dog Wynken and called the Teen social group - now consisting solely of her, isaiah, and Daisy Greenman - to go to the Riverblossom Hills Youth Center, it being a little cold to hang out in Lover's Lane or the Hills Community Center. Tina apparently likes the Youth Center a lot, because any time anyone goes there from other households, she's hanging around and usually spontaneously fixes a meal for everybody. She also shows up to dance with kids at the Community Center, very much the Teen the Adults Trust and the Kids Admire. They shot some hoops and hung out and she made fried chicken for the kids who'd come to play myshuno and burp into the microphone on the lectern which is supposed to be used for educational talks, but no one's organized any yet. After awhile she took them on home, where they raided the bar and used the pool table.

In the wee hours of the morning, Tina got up again and borrowed the car to go, first to Belle's Boutique for new school clothes, and then to Sandra's Salon for a senior year makeover. Alas, the game froze during the makeover, but I have no reason to think it's another glitch. My computer just stops working sometimes. I suspect it overheats, because we can't get the cover off to clean the fans and they've got to be clogged with cat hair.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6811 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 4:49 PM
Helen Wheels was on her last day on campus before the administration forced her to leave, and she had one last dormie lined up to induct into the ranks of the woohooly initiated, so she called up Clovis Point. They went to a restaurant but soon decided they'd rather go back to the sorority. Where, unbeknownst to Helen, one of the frat boys for whom she'd performed the same service had wandered over and been invited in. She and Clovis got all the way inside and up to her bedroom without Gerry noticing, but immediately after the woohoo we heard the boing of heartbreak and she got out of bed for Gerry to slap her.

At this point she had eight hours left on campus and figured she might as well go out with a boing. She threw a graduation party, inviting all her friends, including, of course, all her boyfriends and her fiance. I wasn't expecting this to solve her "being engaged" problem because I thought Hi had a static anti-jealousy potion, but it appears he didn't. They haven't broken up yet but it shouldn't be long. Jacob Martin isn't pining after her anymore either, presumably, though who he'll find to marry now I can't imagine. Clovis attended the party in his underthings. A good time was had by all, except possibly Hi, who - having been caught cheating on Helen by her sister Daisy - was constantly being poked, shoved, and finally attacked outright. It was a pretty swell party, all the same.

Helen will have to move in with Daisy, now, which could be awkward as she and her husband are in a three-bedroom apartment with JoAnn and Dot, both of whom have also dated Hi. Daisy has been trying to get pregnant, so maybe she and her husband will just move out and Helen can have their room.

Helen's departure leaves the sorority with only three members, one of whom, Jules O'Mackey, has just graduated and has no reason to wait around, as she's engaged to David Ottomas and he has a house all ready for her. Fortunately Dulcie de Leche and Sue Casa's friend Mary Ann Joseph has agreed to pledge.

Scholar
#6812 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 7:00 PM
It's been a while since we checked in on Deneen Grunt, twin sister of Hal (their parents were General Buzz and Crystal Vu). Deneen is actually a few days younger than Hal now, since when she was very young, she died in pregnancy and Hal had her resurrected; the witch Liana Curious has "owned" Hal ever since. After her resurrection, Deneen's personality was reversed, and her aspiration changed from Romance to Family. She wanted to get married very badly, but there was no one she wanted to get married to, so she lived with Hal and they both raised her daughter. In fact, Laurette grew up having a closer relationship with her uncle than with her own mother.

Deneen started dating Ernie Beaker, but there wasn't a whole lot of passion in that relationship. (Ernie was adopted by Erin Beaker and is one of the Ottomas twins; Camellia is the other Ottomas twin, who was adopted into the Grunt family. It's rather off-putting whenever they are together because they clearly are strongly attracted to each other--they don't know they're twins, but I do, so I try to keep them apart as much as possible. Also, Ernie looks like the guy who played football without a helmet.) Still, there weren't a whole lot of other prospects in Strangetown, so eventually Deneen and Ernie decided to get married.

Deneen really wanted another baby, but she and Ernie never could get pregnant. They did take in the poor, neglected twins of Peter Sims after their mother died and Peter was committed. (The boys both came in with a wish to resurrect their mother, so that will likely be their lifelong ambition.) However, that didn't fulfill Deneen's want to have another baby of her own. She was nearing elderhood and getting a bit desperate. There was this townie guy who came over sometimes in the afternoon while Ernie was at work to scratch the itch that Ernie couldn't, so Deneen decided to throw all caution to the wind and try for baby with him. What Ernie didn't know wouldn't hurt him, right? Well, Ernie did know that he was infertile, so when Deneen popped, it was obvious the baby wasn't his. That was a betrayal he just couldn't take, so he asked her to leave. Deneen had nowhere else to go but Hal's--where her now-adult daughter is also living--so things have really come full circle for her, as she's once again unmarried and pregnant and living with her brother.
Scholar
#6813 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 9:01 PM
I'm an idiot. I was having trouble with a lot of Strangetown Sims not aging. I tried turning aging on for the affected houses (no idea why it would have been off, but it seemed the logical thing to try first). No effect. I spawned Ripp Grunt's biological clock, no effect. I tried to age Ripp to independent teen with the Simblender, no effect. I tried to age him up three days with the SimBlender but still couldn't get the 'college' option on the phone - finally realized he had gone from teen with eight days to adult to adult with five days to elder! Aged him back down to teen with SimBlender, which of course wiped out his A+ school grade.

And that's when I did the stupid thing. I decided the hood was irreparably broken and deleted it, and then I Googled to see if other people had had the same problem. Turns out it's a known issue with Maxis premade hoods and Inteen, and the solution is to spawn the biological clock (in my defence, one of the first things I tried was spawning Ripp's clock, and it didn't work). So I had to redownload the hood and start over. This time, I spawned all the Grunts' clocks right away, and they aged normally, so I don't know why spawning just one didn't work for that one Sim.

On the bright side, at least now I know Brainania wasn't the problem, Johnny Smith can either have a third shot at a birthday party or go to university, the new download doesn't have the family bin Sims, and General Buzz won't lose custody of Ripp and Buck because I used the SimBlender to give Ripp a low positive relationship with his father and older brother (I really don't like all that slapping a teenager around, even if it does offer a storyline). He did make a bad call at work, though, and has been reduced all the way down the ranks to Recruit. Poor Buzz, I think he might have preferred a dishonourable discharge to being suddenly subordinated to junior officers he's used to commanding!
Mad Poster
#6814 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 11:56 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 8th Aug 2021 at 2:44 AM. Reason: typo
Commiserations BlueAlien! And commiserations to Buzz too! I think the best policy in The Sims 2 is to always make a backup before deleting anything.

As for Buzz, the worst isn't the junior officers; the worst is having to take orders from Sergeants and Corporals. Sims military discipline is terribly harsh. Gloria got a dishonourable discharge for an offence that might have got her a reprimand in another army. I suppose Buzz should be thankful that it wasn't the firing squad.

We never really see Buzz at his best in Strangetown; nobody could say that he's an outstanding success as a parent. But I believe he's a good soldier -- someone you'd be glad to have with you under fire in a foxhole in No Man's Land. Buzz reached the rank of General on merit. He has a very strong sense of duty. He'd like his epitaph to be "He did his duty."

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6815 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 9:50 AM
I had a werewolf sim, and she had lots of wants to make other sims into werewolves. So I let her, and over time it seemed that most of my NPCs were secret werewolves! Only problem was that, every time a Werewolf NPC arrived on a lot, my poor old computer had to click and whirr a bit as the game decided what time it was, and whether the werewolf skin should display or not. And all of my sims use gardeners/ maids/ butlers... I got fed up of constant lag! Soon I had a knowledge sim who had wants to cure them all so I called the matchmaker and bought some potions and had him do it gradually. Trouble is, it seems that all of the NPCs now have sad memories of being werewolves, and they all walk around like this:

Poor maid!
She has been through a lot, maybe I should make her playable and move her in to a nice place somewhere.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6816 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 10:37 AM
There's nothing like a bunch of sad ex-werewolves to bring darkness into your game, for sure!

In Tinsel Town, John Swanson, while believing he was in love with his stepmother, (and wanting to get engaged to her), reconsidered the idea and figured out that it was probably not a good idea.
He thereupon became fixated on another woman-Suzanne Lloyd, who's been a good friend of his for a while. He invited her to visit him on a very thin pretext, which she did. They ended up on the couch in the usual position.
He promptly fell in love with her, and over lunch, proposed to her.
Both he and I were surprised when she accepted.
Although it is rather telling that Suzanne is not in love with him, but perhaps she's just trying to find a father for her son, who came over to visit as well. John and he get along well enough, so it's possible their marriage might work.
Then again, one of John's traits is that he's emotionally disturbed, and he might be in need of psychiatric help. It does not bode when when he inherited the tendency from his mother, Asherah Swanson. He has never gotten treatment for his condition.
There's no telling what will happen next with him, although it does bear watching very closely.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6817 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 11:07 AM
Ooh @FranH I detect drama ahead for those sims!
Scholar
#6818 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Commiserations BlueAlien! And commiserations to Buzz too! I think the best policy in The Sims 2 is to always make a backup before deleting anything.

Nah - it was intended as a test hood, because it's so easy to replace if it goes kablooey. And so far the test results are positive: Brainania itself didn't do anything weird, like buildings being unclickable (which happened previously), and last night I played through a rotation of Land Grant University and it worked! No vanishing Sims! I don't know if @Peni Griffin remembers the trouble I had with it a couple of years ago, that we eventually concluded was due to McAfee shredding the files, but I've been wanting to play it, and afraid to, ever since, so I'm super happy that it's working now. I just have the uninhabited version of Quadington to go, and if that behaves itself I'll keep playing Strangetown with all three of them, and start adding them to other hoods instead of endless repetitions of the Maxis universities.
Mad Poster
#6819 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ooh @FranH I detect drama ahead for those sims!

I fear that as well, SimSample! John has the 'insane' trait (inherited, no less) in his makeup and I didn't realize it would manifest this way. I'm going to have to keep a watchful eye on him.
And in case he doesn't behave, there's always a hospital for the mentally bereaved open for him to live in for a time, if need be.

A bit of his back story, though-he's the only very young man in the neighborhood, and he grew up being alone in his age group all of his life. His mother ran off to marry someone her own age after she divorced his father, and she just left him to his own devices-I had prod him to get through college successfully-and he's still not employed, nor does he want to be. Being given his own house and money before he graduated did a subtle number on his ambition, although I wonder if his mother didn't plan it that way to keep him from completely failing. She does call him regularly, and checks up on him, but she has her own family to take care of, as well.
A rather difficult young man to play, and perhaps Suzanne is up to the task of keeping him balanced and happy. I just hope she realizes the job it will entail!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#6820 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 9:01 PM
My werewolf family, the Dawns, has evolved organically over time. They are the only werewolves left in Strangetown, as all the others were either cured or have died. Connor Dawn is the head of the family and the terror of Strangetown. (If he is your friend, though, he is as loyal as a... dog, and he can be persuaded to dispatch with any troublesome enemies his friends might have.) Connor used to be married to the witch Liana Curious, and her father, Pascal, turned him into a werewolf at Connor's request. Living with Liana, his life was extended by a fair number of days. He had three children with Liana, all grown now, but after she fed her lover Hal Grunt's wife to her cow-plant, Connor got fed up with her manipulative ways and left her.

It didn't take long for Connor to find his second wife: Natasha Beaker, daughter of Destro and Klara Vonderstein. They met, and it was an instantaneous three bolts for both of them. Natasha's own mother was a werewolf for a little while, and Natasha had wanted to be one for most of her life. Connor was happy to turn her. It just made them hotter for each other. They got married and immediately had twins. The girls were born werewolves: totally sloppy, playful, and active, one with one nice point, the other with none. They spent their childhood beating each other up. Connor also got abducted by aliens and had another daughter, Tambra. Poor girl--she is painfully shy, extremely neat, and very nice, and she does not fit in with her family at all. She spends her waking hours cleaning up their trashed house and goes to bed as soon as she possibly can after everyone changes. She cannot wait to grow up and get away from her insane family.
Test Subject
#6821 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 3:37 AM
I've started a fresh playthrough of Veronaville, playing the Capp family first, and it's already chaos. Consort Capp died in a satellite accident, so now the three teens are by themselves in that big old house, living off cold cereal and violence. Tybalt attacks Romeo whenever he comes over, Juliet attacks Tybalt presumably in revenge, they both gang up on Mercutio if he's around, and, even when there's a relative calm, the three of them spend their spare time giving each other noogies and playing "punch u- punch me". Forget Shakespeare- I think it's becoming more Lord of the Flies.
Mad Poster
#6822 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 4:56 AM
Tommy Ottomas aged up into a Knowledge teen (who will probably insist on being called Tom now) in a roof-raising party. He got a telescope for his birthday, and while Samantha was experimenting with it an alien ship came along and abducted her! She did not enjoy the experience at all. She says they kept asking questions about having and raising babies, but their questions made no sense, and when she couldn't make them understand her answers they threw her out on her face. She thinks they're very rude.

Isaiah Gavigan started senior year and got an after-school job in the Adventurer career. He still dreams of college (after all, his girlfriend Tina will be going), but he knows it's not practical and it's time to start saving. Patricia Wan's daughter Myra grew up Sunday night and will start school Monday morning. Patricia threw a party for her, but only knows so many kids, so she's mostly meeting grownups. Patricia hopes she'll be more sociable than her stepdaughter Frances, who is obsessed with her dog Missy, never brings anyone home from school, and has exactly one friend, about whom she rolls no wants at all.

Scholar
#6823 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 11:28 AM
In Restarted Strangetown, Johnny Smith, Ophelia Nigmos and Tank Grunt are off to university. They're in the same dorm, so I've set Johnny and Tank's relationship to zero and removed Furious; they're old enough now to decide for themselves how they feel about each other, rather than carrying on their fathers' feud. All first years in this hood will attend Land Grant; those interested in the sciences can apply to the Brainania Institute of Science at the end of their first year, and those interested in public service can attend Quadington Military College (as can werewolves, regardless of their field of study). Or they can just stay at Land Grant and have fun, along with those who are more interested in the arts or don't make the grade for Brainania.

Ripp Grunt has also finished high school, but he's waiting until Buck becomes a teenager so his brother isn't left with a nanny after school.

General Buzz was told that he was fired, and when he got home he found he'd been reduced to Recruit. However, it seems the politician who demoted him read AndrewGloria's description of Buzz as a man totally devoted to duty and decided to reinstate him, because Buzz is still a General after all! He has asked me to express his thanks to AndrewGloria for his intervention.
Field Researcher
#6824 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 5:30 PM
I rarely write about personal Create-a-Sim Sims I've added to a neighborhood I'm playing, so please, meet Blake Lake:

Blake has zero outgoing personality points, family aspiration, and moved to the Veronaville I'm playing with his adult sister quite some time ago. His sister got married and moved out, so Blake has 35 Baird Avenue to himself (thanks to the only time I've used 'familyfundscheat' in this neighborhood). Also, yes he has oversized facial features and his mouth curves down. He'll regularly appear on community lots where he'll meet others maybe a time or two but the rest is chance he'll be playing chess with someone he gets along with.

I'd never played a single day at his house, so he also has his entire adult stage ahead of him. That's when I realized that former townie Mallory Mace, who recently became an adult, was someone he knew and enjoyed passing time with. Both had 70+ long-term and short-term relationship meters. So, I got them together and despite Mallory's romance aspiration got them married to each other. They're both quite happy.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6825 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 5:44 PM
@jaytee95 I like him, I'm glad you found a happy life for him!
Page 273 of 349