Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

***UPDATED***UPDATED-AGAIN(LOL!)***Testers Wanted: Maid4U Mesh

by aardvarkams Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 10:15 PM - Updated 19th May 2005 at 2:04 AM by aardvarkams : disceiptful, dishonourable, disrespectful and ignorant people!

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 3rd May 2005 at 10:14 PM
ooh very nice ty more clothing for my goth/vamp/bsdm neighborhood whoot lmao
Forum Resident
#52 Old 4th May 2005 at 3:35 AM
woah hot baby
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 5th May 2005 at 4:47 AM
You never fail to surprise me Amy...And this is a great new mesh!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 5th May 2005 at 9:09 PM Last edited by Shupinola : 5th May 2005 at 9:10 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Re: Your Updated Post!
Hey Amy! :howdy:

So you're thinking of flying solo eh? I hope not ... well not yet anyway. I love your meshes and I love this site and I hope you'll stay. The fact is, unless you DO start a site of your own and begin charging people, there is always going to be some cheapskate moron who will ignore your requests and steal your stuff. If he had to pay for it, he might think twice. But the downside is that if you make people pay, fewer people will get to see and use your excellent stuff. Whilst your meshes would be worth paying for, I'm a firm believer in our work being free. Not everyone has access to buying online. For example, I don't have a credit card (I don't trust myself) so I can't buy anything from the Internet and it will stay that way until I find full-time well-paid employment (which will only happen if I uproot myself from my comfy, new home and accept that lecturing post in your neck of the woods). I would hate to lose my favourite source of meshes just because of one ignorant little jerk. :argh:

The other thing is that the folks on this site really appreciate your efforts and reciprocate with kind words of encouragement. You may not realise it, but you're one of a small handful of very respected regular contributors to this site and I'll even go so far as to say you're one of this site's major attractions.

Maybe we could do something about what this guy has done. How about a link to his thread and then you could start a post on the official site BBS with as many of us as possible condemning this person? Draw enough attention to what he has done and he might reconsider his decision to ignore your requests to remove his upload (assuming this is a 'he').

I've had a very long, very tiring day and I really want to go to bed, but I'll hang about for 30 minutes or so to see if you reply. If you come onto the site later than that, just send me another e-mail and we can plan something from there. I'll be at home all weekend as my ex-partner's son is coming over for a Final Fantasy Marathon Weekend while she's at a big chess tournament with her other son.

Here's hoping - for my own sake as much as anyone else's - that you decide to stay here, where you're truly adored. :D
Forum Resident
#55 Old 5th May 2005 at 9:17 PM
Perhaps have this person banned from this site. It won't undo what he's already done but it will stop him from sharing more content on other sites.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 5th May 2005 at 9:23 PM
The only problem with that is he could just open another account under a different name, either with a Yahoo e-mail address, or as a different person from his own home e-mail account. Still, it might cause him enough problems to make him think twice about stealing people's stuff. Bet he never thought Amy would track him down so quickly!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 6th May 2005 at 12:13 PM
If someone steals, you can report a file on both the Exchange and TSR. Other private pay sites, probably not, but those are the big two and Exchange is where most stolen things turn up.
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th May 2005 at 3:23 PM
this is kool,your right about ppl uploading it i saw it on the exchange last night
Instructor
#59 Old 7th May 2005 at 2:15 AM Last edited by jacciinatl : 7th May 2005 at 2:19 AM. Reason: typos
I'm saddened that this is the second post that I have seen in as many days. You wonderful skinners, modders and meshers are the ones being taken for granted and mistreated. I have no skill with the any of the above but I return here several times a day to see what you wonderful people have cooked up in the scant minutes that I was gone. I myself try to test items and give honest opinions and feedback. I don't upload things anywhere because all I have is things that you all created and I don't think it's fair to take the credit for someone elses work especially when asked expressly not to. And if one does upload, a list of the creators of said CC should be included and credit given where due. I again apologize that you have been slighted. Thank you for all of your meshes and if you do start a site send me a link and I would glady join because I do love your work :argh:
Test Subject
#60 Old 7th May 2005 at 5:35 AM
For all of your hard work
I am very grateful for your hardwork. Your products work really well. Thank You.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 7th May 2005 at 5:50 AM
Every crowd has its ingrates. I'll bet my nuts they were the biggest complainers too.
Amy, I wouldn't blame you if you walked - but if you do decide to start your own site, I'll help any way I can. Email [email protected] or [email protected] if you're interested.
And thank you for all your incredible work.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 7th May 2005 at 5:54 AM
Very awesome ~ thank you so much for making it. I so mad that people who disrepect you by uploading your stuff to the exchange.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 7th May 2005 at 6:29 AM
If you do get your own site and make it pay, there is nothing any of us can say to stop you, we can only hope that you'll stay here...I've been known to whine and complain about stuff, and i've been called everything from brat to vile creature, but believe it or not i respect people's work and i understand why some people have pay sites...I can only hope that you don't join them just because of some little thieving fart-brain...Please stay Amy.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 7th May 2005 at 12:13 PM
Amy,

Courageous decision. It is frequent and not surprising that some nasty people take over the disclaimers and do what they want regardless of the authors demands.

I have seen a mesh of mine on a pay site. Of course I was given credit but I do not care, I find it insolent and unacceptable that people make money on my back.

Since my first mesh posted, I have created hundred clothes, tables, and other furnitures. I went very deep in the exploration of the Sims 2 and I do not use the regular objects anymore. But I do not post anything now because of this. Modding the sims is quite a simple task. What makes the difference is creativity.

I have no time to create a website and I feel no particular pride to know that my work suits people needs.

Amy,

If you feel any disappointment because people misuses your work. Remove it from the net and do whatever you want.

BTW, if you create any website, I'll sign in :D
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 7th May 2005 at 6:50 PM
I too am upset and very sad that other inconsiderate people would go against your wishes.

There are jerks in every crowd and I'm sure they know who they are.

Amy, you have freely given your time and superb work to better the Sims2 community and I for one would feel it to be a great lose if you pulled your creations or decide not to share anymore. You have become a well respected contributor here at MTS2. However, I understand your concerns and would respect any decision you make in this matter.

If you do decide to start your own site, for sure I would be one that would visit there everyday.
#66 Old 8th May 2005 at 1:31 AM
how do you download?
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 8th May 2005 at 2:17 AM
Ok I am not going to name any names, as thats up to her, but I also made a rare trip to the exchange at about the same time as Amy, and there was one person there who not only had amy's and several other mesh creators meshes from here posted there, but he was the first person I saw of several doing this, that not only claimed to have made all the custom content, but had the audacity to change all the custom content hover notes to his own e-mail address! Usually even tho someone else is posting something, and its a complete sim at the exchange, you can still look at the custom content and see the real creators there. The sims exchange just brings out the worst in people with their bs system of bennies and all that crap, so that everyone wants big amounts of downloads there with a high rating, so that people go out and find anything they can, that they think people will like and download. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior, but in my own mind, maxis own system there, is at least partly to blame. I am just learning to skin myself, and I am sure I will get ripped off for something sooner or later, but I still want to share my efforts to give back something to you all, I will be uploading some soon. (I feel guilty that I have over 1.6 gig of downloads and havn't posted anything myself) Anyways, Amy, do what you, think is right, you know I will be there for you, if you need anything.
#68 Old 8th May 2005 at 12:04 PM
Amy I understand your angry at those who could not respect your one simple request and yes it does make it hard for all of us who did and do respect your wishes. :fallen: And although I'm not one of those bad apples let me say sorry for all of them because it is aparent that they did not learn how to respect the wishes of those who give freely such wonderful creations! : :Slap:By the way I love your work. :D
Instructor
#69 Old 8th May 2005 at 11:36 PM
Amy, let me know who it was and I'll go rip em' a new one....I don't mind getting banned from the exchange....*grin* It's sad that people do this kind of crap...but there are many of us who appreciate your work....if you get your own site, let me know...I'll follow you there.

Hugs,
Katt
Theorist
#70 Old 9th May 2005 at 12:14 AM
Once again, a few idiots ruin things for everyone...sigh...pretty soon all you talented people are going to give up and we will be stuck with Maxis default stuff... Sorry this happened to you...
#71 Old 9th May 2005 at 3:15 AM
very cool man...
i search by this in a very long time.... thanks guy...
#72 Old 10th May 2005 at 4:29 PM
Sexy Mama!She Whas Hot!REALLY NICE WORK!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 10th May 2005 at 9:28 PM
Default sad and angry
Lordy, isnt this the same garbage that happened with sims one? The sims community is one of those rare and lovely places where people play from the heart... creating and encouraging and sharing freely... more love than the rest of the world knows how to handle I think, which is too bad. I got to where I dont even go to any of the "official" sites any more... at all. This is my one stop shop as it were... unless I am following a link from someone I have seen here long enough to feel VERY trusting of them. IF it is to their home site... Please consider this... this is the community. Anyone who cant follow the simple requests of the creators here is just an outsider who has no clue. The sims community is something beautiful. Those that cannot comprehend its spiriit will fear it and try to destroy it. Please do not fall prey to them. Unfortunately, it seems to me that while I understand the pain that leads to it, those that purely run pay sites have allowed themselves to be chased out of the comunity and become part of the outside, which is just what the A$$es who hurt them were trying for...for my part, I am angry you were hurt, and hope you remain within.
#74 Old 11th May 2005 at 8:08 AM
Take comfort in knowing it is a special kind of idiot who pays for something that is abvailiable for free somewhere else...

...And the people who are claiming your work as thier own will die unfulfilled loosers who will have lived with the fact they had to lie and cheat to get a few gratifying e mails praising a skill that they don't even have.
Test Subject
#75 Old 11th May 2005 at 1:51 PM
Ooh how rude! I love it!! Its awful that people disrespect your wishes - but please don't stop sharing, your a wonderful creator and everyone would miss you!
Page 3 of 5