Replies: 3813 (Who?), Viewed: 119889 times.
Page 153 of 153
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3801 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 1:57 PM
It is going to be one of those days. I gave The Boy a inch, he decided to take a foot. Nobody has time for this crap. If he wants to play by his own rules, he can do that under his own roof.  I'm done with the "World revolves around me!" attitude.
Mad Poster
#3802 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 9:57 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 30th Jun 2020 at 12:34 AM.
Been eating better. But in terms of the natural, built-in detox system in my body... let's just say all the gourds, berries and roots are taking over.

Still, I have been feeling better, because I started getting aggro with fruits and vegetables after receiving a "Good Job" for 4.9 lbs lost. Motivated me to lose that extra .10 that would have made it an even 5.

While watching We Bare Bears episode Imaginary Friend I read the credits (it's only polite and it's a fun find) and I saw to my surprise that Jason David Frank aka Tommy the Green Ranger from season 1 of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers played the character Silver Bear, a Power Rangers-flavored bear. I actually like people that can poke fun at themselves.

Reminded me in the old days of Saturday Night Live where a cast member would impersonate a high profile figure and nowadays that figure would come on and play along with the jokes.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3803 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 1:43 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 1st Jul 2020 at 3:27 PM.
Ah, yes. I remember  the days of when The Boy used to hide stuff under the couch.  He doesn't do that anymore, but he still shoves stuff under his bed, then gets mad when it is time to clean as he has to drag all the hidden crap out and either deal with it the right way, or pile the stuff on his bed which also means dust and whatever else is under there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuAUItK7HMA

My mother always tells me stories about how I used to hide food in the couch. We had a dog at the time, so he always 'called me out' or told on my by means of digging on the couch until he found the food stash.  The food stashing thing came to a halt, so in place of that, I opted to share my 'tents' made from blankets and TV trays instead. This alternative spared the couch and kept everybody happy.  I could hang out with the dog in a way I wanted to and my mother no longer had to keep cleaning the white, crushed velvet couch.
Mad Poster
#3804 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:28 PM
Played a text messaging prank on my mother. She noticed I was gone because the shipment at my father's store was late and wasn't showing up today, so we still had access to the bank and the grocery...

Either way, my mother is easy to prank. It's just harmless SpongeBob SquarePants level pranks which irritate the the OCD types who must have everything in its proper place. (i.e. You ask for a couple of ice cubes and you only get one.) Trust me, I had that diagnosis and I eventually fought and it was not easy. I fought every urge to rearrange shelving in Washington state. They didn't care.

Mad Poster
#3805 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:59 PM
The words "this website uses cookies" makes me want cookies... :/

Been writing a bit today. I think my brain is potentially emerging from the medication fog - or maybe it's just a small break. I don't know. I do know the thinky-thing does work better when I'm alone and nobody is talking every five minutes, so what I have manage to write happened mostly the hours (or minutes) I've had relative quiet around me... But I guess nothing new there.
Mad Poster
#3806 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 10:04 AM
ARGH!

Been having trouble sleeping these past two weeks. Dreams lately are about as campy as the film Rocky Horror Picture Show, but I don't wake up covered in rice pudding.

I just want to sleep through the night and let my mom unwind from work and let my dad get out to the car to get to the tool shop.

I need to see somebody about this. My medicine is on the high side and I think a change is in order.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3807 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 1:20 PM

Quote:
‘Forced Labor’: U.S. Seizes $800,000 of Human Hair from China’s Uyghur Region

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) revealed Wednesday that it had seized a shipment in Newark, NJ, containing $800,000 worth of human hair originating in Xinjiang, China, where the Communist Party maintains concentration camps.

“The products were part of shipment of almost 13 tons of hair products worth over $800,000 dollars,” CBP noted, identifying them as being the property of “Lop County Meixin Hair Product Co. Ltd.,” a Chinese company. According to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL), the company is one of three the United States has recently blacklisted due to evidence that it traffics in goods made by slaves.

“On June 17, CBP instructed ports of entry nationwide to detain all such products based on information that reasonably indicated that they are manufactured with the use of prison labor,” CBP said. “The manufacturing process may include additional situations of forced labor, including, but not limited to, excessive overtime, withholding of wages, and the restriction of movement.”

CBP added a warning to American companies importing from abroad that they have the legal responsibility to “confirm their supply chains are free of forced labor in order to ensure the origin and quality of goods consumed by the American public align with the laws and principles established by the United States Government and to protect the American economy.”

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020...-uyghur-region/

I'm just going to ignore the last part because while China babbles about laws and principles, they're currently really pissed off at India who has said that they will no longer purchase products made in China, and they have been mouthing off to Australia for wanting to become less dependent on China.  CBP can STFU.  The more their own economy sinks for the problem, they caused, the angrier and more aggressive they become. They could just keep their viruses to themselves instead of allowing them to spread worldwide.

Here is where the WTF part comes in.  Why is China sending almost 13 tons of hair? I have yet to read a single news article stating that there is demand for hair regardless of weight and if it is from slaves or not.  Has anybody else seen something that suggests that there is demand for hair, from China? I'm legit confused.  I'm also confused by the lack of screaming about how China is polluting the ocean with cargo ships loaded with stuff there is no demand for.  Greenies go mum for China?  I always knew that, but the confirmation helps.

I'm going to stop here because if I don't, it is going to turn into a post of rabbitholes. Ask one question which leads to another and another....
Mad Poster
#3808 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 5:49 PM
Finally slept through the night.

I don't know why everyone says when they got a good night's sleep they "slept like a baby" when it actually involved the baby waking up crying to be fed and changed.

Top Secret Researcher
#3809 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 3:24 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 5th Jul 2020 at 7:14 AM.
I did some yard work and now I feel icky. It's not the virus, it's this blood pressure drug I take that gives me the vampire superpower of not being able to withstand daylight. I wish I could put the 4th off to some other time.

Independence Day Goals:
  • Bronze: No trips to the emergency room.
  • Silver: No burned fingers.
  • Gold: Everyone happy!
this year, we won a Silver!

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3810 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 12:55 PM
I haven't played my game in a bit; couldn't figure out why as my reason for not playing isn't the usual reason which is boredom.

As stupid as it is, I'm not playing because my sims are able to do things I cannot.  I can't go to the library. I can't stand around in or around my local grocery store and chit-chat with people.  I can't even go check in with my favorite neighbor who loves to give hugs.  She's fine as far as I know and has a lovely granddaughter living her, but even so....

I have sim envy. I never would have thought such a thing was even possible over pixel people.
Top Secret Researcher
#3811 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 1:16 PM
Yesterday was a good day. Actually went out (to supermarkets only) then in evening skyped with family and played Settlers of catan. Bro won a game and I won a game. Today a bit down, feeling a little lonely. Played Sims most of the day. Work again tomorrow (from home of course). Tedium.
Mad Poster
#3812 Old Yesterday at 1:44 AM
I deleted cookies... But they weren't nice cookies, so I guess it's alright (still, had to dig up passwords for a bunch of sites because those never manage to save :/ ).

Our stove decided to throw in the towel again. The heating element zapped the power (I think it's the 3rd or 4th time that's happened) and only spewed cold air afterward, so now we're getting tired of getting it repaired, and getting a new one. The thing has lasted for maybe 20 years, but at some point it could end up doing something worse than taking the power temporarily (the front door did explode once - lots of glass pieces all over the floor, but that's a long while ago, and I think we've had another power-out from one of the stove tops at some point, the timer knob thingy fell off not long ago, and the door barely hangs on and certainly doesn't open fully up - it's probably past its time by several years, even though it does technically work with some spare parts and a bit of duct tape - almost literally with the latter one, I have actually taped the knob thingy to make it sit put, but not with duct tape ), so perhaps it is time to switch it out for a newer model.

Anyway, not doing too shabby. I think the worst of the brain fog has lifted, but there's still some residues.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3813 Old Yesterday at 12:23 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : Yesterday at 5:30 PM.
Unless something stupid happens, by the end of the day, I will have running hot water again.  Along those lines, I've spent the entire weekend regretting donating my big stock pot. It would have come in handy this weekend as heating up water in a dutch oven for what feels like a million times wasn't fun.

The lugging of water didn't keep me from cleaning.  Yesterday I cleaned my bedroom from top to bottom; walls, baseboards, trim, doors, ect... even dusted the leaves of the Peace Lily I bought when Foo Dog died last year. It also didn't keep me from doing more laundry stripping. The last load I did, the water was mud colored and didn't smell good. Nobody had been walking around and or rolling around in mud. Considering the amount of filth I'm finding, I'm starting to question if this a washing machine issue as in it isn't draining the way it should.  A conversation to be had with my plumber at a later time.  He's going to have to come back after today at some point anyway to re-plumb the house.  Hopefully by then this virus thing will be starting to fade in the rear view mirror.  If not, we can discuss it by phone. I digress.

I will be purchasing a new stock pot.  It will be under $20.00 and can sit downstairs with all the hurricane / snowstorm gear we keep on hand when those things happen.

I heard of a cleaning company out of Canada called Go Clean Co. It is where I got the laundry stripping idea from and ordered the booklet thing from their website since I'm not on Instagram.  There is nothing earth-shattering in said booklet, but it did give me a few ideas fro things I never thought of or considered. i.e- soaking oven racks over night with a couple dishwasher tabs.   I never thought of trying this as I don't have a dishwasher.  I also wonder how this would work on the racks of the birds cages.  If it works for oven racks, no reason to think it wouldn't work for other kinds of racks. 

In there was also a interesting thought on brooms, they don't like them as brooms spread dirt around.  I never considered this, but she's right.  I'm keeping my broom, but it will only be used to pick up things like hay, empty bird seed hulls and that kind of stuff.  No point in fighting with the vacuum cleaner if I don't have to. Speaking of spreading dirt or how to avoid it, 'wet dusting' prevents the spread of dirt, dust, pollen. My allergies hate furniture polish. I'd rather just clean stuff and move on.

I need to go heat up water to get a few dishes done, then I'm going to tear the kitchen apart.  Downstairs is all set for when the plumber gets here. He can use the entryway that is separate from the main part of the house. I made sure he has rags, paper towels and cleaner if he wants to use them, both trash cans have been cleaned and emptied, the cover to the well pump has been removed, and the door that hides the hot water heater from hell has been removed. If they need a hose, for draining / fill purposes, that's all set too.  If they need me to open / close faucets upstairs, they can yell at me from downstairs.

EDIT: Kitchen is clean, new hot water heater is in. Next month the house gets re-plumbed so we can put a end to old copper pipes that keep developing pinholes. 
Mad Poster
#3814 Old Yesterday at 9:44 PM
Planning a gyoza making session. I found a recipe that makes 80. But I might adjust to make an even 100. I would make the filling, put some in the gyoza wrapper, fold it in the pleated styled, use a water + flour slurry to steam and crisp them and freeze what we can't eat.

I received unflavored gelatin and instant chocolate pudding. The latter was more or less a drunken purchase, one which I can't return. P.S. I don't drink, but more or less, it's a bad judgement call.

Page 153 of 153