Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 410 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2020 at 3:32 PM
Default Redoing Past Work
Has anyone considered redoing your past work? To see how far you have come?

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th May 2020 at 4:31 PM
I suppose it depends on how you'd define "redoing." I don't think I've ever re-done something completely from scratch just out of curiosity, but I've certainly had generational homes (back when I actually played the game) that would occasionally undergo some pretty drastic remodels, and I've also had a number of projects where I've come fairly close to 'finishing' a first draft of it, only to then scrap the whole thing and rebuild it in a 'better' way, but in those cases it's pretty much always been part of the same creative process, it's not that my skills have changed all that much in the meanwhile.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2020 at 5:41 PM
I have been considering it a lot, but at the same time some of the new stuff I make looks like my older homes. Bare shells with dull interiors, so I end up ditching them anyway.
What I'm trying to say is that rebuilding anything may not change anything, or it won't look like the original at all.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 24th May 2020 at 9:57 PM
I have thought about it! maybe my English Tudor Cottage !

C.T.HOLKO88
dodgy builder
#5 Old 25th May 2020 at 11:46 AM
I have tried doing the same floorplan over again, but the same house? ... no that's boring I can continue where I dropped off though. I do that with worlds all the time.
Scholar
#6 Old 27th May 2020 at 3:24 PM
Yes I certainly have attempted redoing past work. Looking back at some of my first uploads I'm embarrassed at the finish and quality, I know my skills have come a long way since then, thank god.

Just take my Folk Victorian, I cringe looking back at it now.

Comparing it to my renovated version shows just how much better I've gotten (hopefully).

And I think that ability to look back at past creations, criticize, and learn from them is what helps us to grow and refine our skills and develop our style.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th May 2020 at 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorMan23
Has anyone considered redoing your past work? To see how far you have come?

Sadly, I never did that, but I saw others who was succeed. Some creators share own works revisited and they do their next houses better! It's rare ability of builder, but a good one. Suppose that this trait can be trained.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.