Replies: 31 (Who?), Viewed: 925 times.
Page 2 of 2
Mad Poster
#26 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 5:34 PM
Point was missed. I haven't left my house since the end of March.  I don't like people breathing down my neck when there isn't a infectious disease problem, I'm certainly not going to put up with it now.  There is no law for being stupid, but I'm not having somebody bitching at me because they think they are immortal and intentionally put themselves in harms way.  This has nothing to do with the nursing home problem, ect... People know what the risks are and if they decide to take those risks, it's on them.

I can't be any more clearer than that.
Mad Poster
#27 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 6:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Yes. Think about it. Police can't distinguish between one black face and another already. Add a mask? Black people don't feel safe. I'm not going to debate you on this, but please think about it. Until you've been pulled over repeatedly just for being black, until you've been slurred and targeted, you cannot know what it feels like.

Black people don't all look alike. Sorry... if someone can't distinguish one black face from another, that person doesn't belong on the police force in the first place. Those kinds of people make my grandma spin in her grave.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 1:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Black people don't all look alike. Sorry... if someone can't distinguish one black face from another, that person doesn't belong on the police force in the first place. Those kinds of people make my grandma spin in her grave.
I certainly agree with that, but the reality is that many police confuse black people all the time and detain innocent ones on a regular basis. They often get taken to jail and then processed and then, even if innocent, have to explain such incidences to future employers. It's a nightmare.

Here are a couple of examples. This is only a small small slice of what it is like to be black.:

Police detain a college professor because he's black and in the neighborhood where a black person had attempted to break into someone's home.
https://www.stevelocke.com/blog/i-f...mM-k63FKrXaFJtk

And here's a video of cops harrassing a black man on the street, again near where a crime took place and claiming he fit the description. It has commonly been reported that the police will say this after they've pulled someone over and started checking them out. They pulled over an FBI agent this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLhoR7kegkg

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 5:11 AM
That's weird. I doubt my grandma would be down with that shit. She was anti-racist even back in the fifties and sixties - when it was still considered cool to discriminate against non-whites.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 8:04 AM
UM, GUYS?

I didn't make this thread for debate!

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 1:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
That's weird. I doubt my grandma would be down with that shit. She was anti-racist even back in the fifties and sixties - when it was still considered cool to discriminate against non-whites.
I wish more people were like that.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
UM, GUYS?

I didn't make this thread for debate!

Sorry about that. I guess every forum needs its own Alex Jones. Maybe I am this forum's Alex Jones. *goes off to rant about gay frogs*
Page 2 of 2