Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 12:02 AM
An-nas Downloads Inaccessible?
Hi all! It's beean a few years since I've been active in the Simming community, but here I am back again with a question. Has anyone else tried to download anything from An-nas' lately? I can't seem to get any of her Box links to work on any browser or computer I am able to access. An-nas created so much awesome content that I wasn't familiar with back in my original run and I'd love to be able to access it now. She hasn't updated her LJ since 2013, so maybe it's time to get her stuff moved towards the graveyard? Thanks so much!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 12:13 AM
Her box is out of bandwidth. When you are able to load the page, but pressing download has no effect, it means they ran out of the amount of download bandwidth they have, which basically means box won't let you download any more because they only allow so much traffic for each account. Wait until it's august, and try again and they will work.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#3 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 12:36 AM
Unfortunately, Box has had some issues lately and a number of people have had found that their bandwidth is not being reset the following month...unless the user notifies Box directly. So, if Anna is not around the community much anymore, there may be a chance that the issue will not be resolved anytime soon.

OP, if you check in August and the download(s) is still inaccessible, this is likely the issue.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 7:02 PM
Thank you both!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 1:37 PM Last edited by gazania : 17th Jul 2015 at 2:09 PM.
You can try to leave a comment in one of the entries. It appears she might not turned off the anon feature, or you can join LJ. The chances that she is still looking at her LJ are probably slim, though. Usually, if someone hasn't posted in that long a time, they aren't really "into" the Sims, and may have moved on. But it would also let other visitors know there may be a problem, at the very least. I'd try again in August first, however. But I'm finding the same problem with Box. It used to be fairly good at resetting bandwidth, but now it's not. And unfortunately, many of these great downloads were posted years ago, and the creators are no longer active.

Another option would be WCIF here, if your efforts are futile come August.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bee93
Hi all! It's beean a few years since I've been active in the Simming community, but here I am back again with a question. Has anyone else tried to download anything from An-nas' lately? I can't seem to get any of her Box links to work on any browser or computer I am able to access. An-nas created so much awesome content that I wasn't familiar with back in my original run and I'd love to be able to access it now. She hasn't updated her LJ since 2013, so maybe it's time to get her stuff moved towards the graveyard? Thanks so much!

Hey! I've tried the same after some time away from playing, but it seems there isn't much hope left for there links. Yet, i've managed to find a lot of Anna's content downloaded at my old computer - and I can try to pass it on to you, if you'd like it. I haven't downloaded everything of hers, but it is indeed somewhere to start!
Theorist
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 5:12 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 22nd Sep 2020 at 6:49 AM.
Best thing to do is offer it to The Sims Graveyard or to Packrat.
@vegan_kaktus
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 3:31 PM
Change the "www" with "app", and the box links still work. Should work for most old Box links with the "www" in front.

(If box links already have "app" in front and don't work, try the "mobile" variant from the first post here. Could also work for the bandwidth issue if the "app" fix doesn't work at the end of a month).

I tried to download a couple of Anna's Box links by changing www to app just now, and had no problems.