Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#10026 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 7:56 PM
Arranging marriages in the new generation of Veronaville is very hard, pretty much everyone is related to the Capps or Montys, if not both... being a matchmaker is hard, now I understand why the woman is so bad at her job, it's pretty much impossible if you also want to take chemistry into account...
Advertisement
Scholar
#10027 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 8:26 PM
Sims talk about skiing an awful lot, but they can't actually go skiing.
Theorist
#10028 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 10:55 PM
I think my sims should protest for better outfits.
It is no longer possible.
Scholar
#10029 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Sims talk about skiing an awful lot, but they can't actually go skiing.

I don't know what you're on about as thanks to Chris Hatch they most certainly can.
one link that popped up in google. multiple people have his family friendly mods linked.
https://thisfatfunnylife.wordpress.com/chrishatchmods/
Mad Poster
#10030 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 7:13 PM
@AndrewGloria

Son #3 last night asked on the way to ballet if I were to be magically transported into a video game what game would I want it to be?

"Sims 2 on this guy from the Mod the Sims forum's computer, because he has death and everything bad modded out and his sims all live wonderful lives."

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10031 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Son #3 last night asked on the way to ballet if I were to be magically transported into a video game what game would I want it to be?

"Sims 2 on this guy from the Mod the Sims forum's computer, because he has death and everything bad modded out and his sims all live wonderful lives."
Oh Thanks Sunbee! I must tell my Sims that!

I haven't quite got death modded out, but most forms of premature death are either modded out or just avoided by very careful play. I think I really believe I have a duty of care to my Sims. Death from old age is of course avoided by playing with Aging off. If I turn it on in a lot with elders living on it, to let a younger Sim age up, then i use the Sim Manipulator to give them enough Days Left to keep them safe. I often give extra Days Left even to younger Sims.

With the end of September, that's now seven years and ten months that I've been playing without ever losing a Sim. I started playing on 30th November 2012. That's why my Sims celebrate Thanksgiving at the end of November -- to give thanks for another year of safety and deliverance. I have to say they've done better than the Pilgrim Fathers ever managed.

My birthday's on 7th October. As you may have seen in the Stupid Questions thread, my mother's offering me a new computer for it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#10032 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
I don't know what you're on about as thanks to Chris Hatch they most certainly can.
one link that popped up in google. multiple people have his family friendly mods linked.
https://thisfatfunnylife.wordpress.com/chrishatchmods/

My Sims respectfully asked me if they could go skiing and I said no, they can't. They wanted me to thank you for your efforts on their behalf, but they live under a benign but oppressive regime, you see.
Scholar
#10033 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 8:36 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 1st Oct 2020 at 8:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
My Sims respectfully asked me if they could go skiing and I said no, they can't.

I understand. My Sims shall proceed to ski on your Sims' behalfs, when I actually get around to building them that ski field. I'll send postcards via Mogs mailing system.
Mad Poster
#10034 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
My birthday's on 7th October. As you may have seen in the Stupid Questions thread, my mother's offering me a new computer for it.

Oh wow. You could finally use the UC!
Mad Poster
#10035 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 11:57 AM
Generally speaking, sims are better alive than dead.
Although, of course, some sims are better dead than alive - and my knowledge sims need to see some ghosts from time to time to keep them happy

And also - what Charity said
Field Researcher
#10036 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:04 PM
I suddenly have a lot of free time til the end of the year - while my grandma is worried that I have no work to do, I wonder whether I should
- start Pleasantview
- start a Zombie Apocalypse
- start a Zombie Apocalypse in Pleasantview
- continue my Strangetown which I didn't play since getting Stardew valley this summer
Theorist
#10037 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
I suddenly have a lot of free time til the end of the year - while my grandma is worried that I have no work to do, I wonder whether I should
- start Pleasantview
- continue my Strangetown which I didn't play since getting Stardew valley this summer

- start begininnin Pleasantview and add your own twists
Scholar
#10038 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:25 PM
- start Pleasantview

Continue with Strangetown, but add Pleasantview as a subhood, start a zombie apocalypse there, and try to keep it from spreading to Strangetown. You can ban non-locals on residential lots, but Sims have to risk a common downtown to get supplies.
Field Researcher
#10039 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:33 PM
- start Pleasantview

I'd start by reconnecting with your Strangetown.

You could then decide to add Pleasantview as a subhood or play it seperately.

I've never done a Zombie Apocalypse, but whenever I get around to it, it will not be in a neighbourhood that I am already attached to. It seems like they can get out of hand pretty easily, and maybe that's what you want, but maybe not. I'm scared enough since I've downloaded simler90's disease mod that all my Sims are going to die.

Good luck!
Theorist
#10040 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 5:21 PM
Sometimes I feel like I live in a cave when I found out about new and improved mods and new CC (I'm not a hoarder though). I guess that playing the game on and off those past few years didn't help.

Sometimes I'd like to start another hood or try a challenge but I'm too attached to my current hood.
Also I don't find challenges starting with one sim only and/or based on Maxis careers appealing.
Field Researcher
#10041 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 6:44 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions! Now I have even more choices xD
I was going to add Sedona to Strangetown before I stopped, so I might start with that. And I'm definitely keeping my favorite aliens safe from strange sicknesses and zombies!
Scholar
#10042 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 12:38 AM
I ran Hoodchecker on my Uberhood and nothing out of the ordinary showed up. I was going to wait until I was ready and less hopeful to load the Uberhood and see any possible damage, but instead I just got it over and done with. The Uberhood loads, Strangetown loaded OK, the game froze when I clicked on the family but it loaded them perfectly fine. Apparently I saved on a Friday morning so I only lost 1 day and a half of gameplay. Hip-hip! Hurray! This is awesome. I'm attached to a lot of the born in-game Sims so I'm really happy I can continue their stories again. For the billionth time. Gee this game scares me too much sometimes, haha.
Scholar
#10043 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 8:37 PM
Downloading sims hair is like an addiction. It's a constant "ooohhh look shiny..." moment for me. I've already got more than I will ever use even if every single sim in my game had a different hairstyle.
Mad Poster
#10044 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Downloading sims hair is like an addiction. It's a constant "ooohhh look shiny..." moment for me. I've already got more than I will ever use even if every single sim in my game had a different hairstyle.

Give each of them a hair style for every outfit - it helps
Forum Resident
#10045 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 12:35 AM
I have so much custom hairs in my game it literally takes me 15 minutes to find a hairstyle for my sims.
Alchemist
#10046 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 12:13 AM
@AndrewGloria, I saw you mention in another thread that you have the new laptop (happy birthday!). Once you get it all set up, let us know how you enjoy the game on high settings. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious.
Alchemist
#10047 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I have so much custom hairs in my game it literally takes me 15 minutes to find a hairstyle for my sims.

Ditto. Except I've so much cc in my game it takes 15 minutes just to load CAS.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#10048 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 5:34 AM
Still reading a series that looks at what happens after children like Alice or the Pevensies come "home" from their adventures in an otherworld, and the inevitable and impossible to treat psychological scarring those lost children would have, I find myself (as always) wondering how I'd go about adapting this story to a Sims setting. What really surprises me is that the current book I'm reading actually has me somewhat wishing that the infamous Katy Perry SP from TS3 was a thing for TS2, since it'd actually be perfect for some of the otherworlds in question...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#10049 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 1:49 PM
Everything has its purpose. I believe it was simmer22 who used those crazy Family Fun Stuff costumes for kids to have some of their characters put on the play Peter Pan--and it worked remarkably well.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Forum Resident
#10050 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 10:46 PM
I'm having an internal conflict over the Adults Go Steady mod, on the one hand it'd be so useful for staging dramatic break-ups without having to drag their relationships down by hand, but on the other hand I really like how it's a thing exclusive to teens and don't want to change that fact... wish I was a good modder and able to make a seperate committed relationship for adults to get the best of both worlds...
Page 402 of 511