Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 10:19 PM
Default What can you miss out on when not using default worlds?
For example, you get the mech gnome by assembling the Llama pieces found in Oasis Landing, and a custom future destination might not come with that.
What else is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Your game is your game. You do whatever you need to do to enjoy it and don't get bogged down in keeping it pristine. You can't play soccer with a clean ball.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:17 AM
Lag... lol
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:33 AM
Maybe I am just too tired, but UM, I really do not understand the question. If you mean what comes in the store bought worlds that we would miss if we do not own them, you need to research what each has to offer.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 10:06 AM
Not much I can think of. Custom world even contain rabbit holes and other elements from expansions depending on the world itself, some even contain store content and custom content but you have to own those content. Vacation worlds have their tombs and quests which is a nice change of pace from the usual gameplay.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 11:17 AM
I thought of a very minor one- the graveyard in Sunset Valley has fully grown, harvestable Death Flowers ready for picking. I'm pretty sure aside from leveling gardening and finding a seed and growing it, that is the only way to obtain them (other than cheats)
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 12:23 PM
I also came across them in The Tomb of the Desert Ocean along with a life plant ready for harvest.
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 1:36 PM
I don't know if there's a way to spawn them by Buydebug, but I'm sure that I have never seen either Deathfish or Robot fish in the custom worlds that I played so far.
Usually I play custom worlds where there's no ponds in graveyards or science facilities - Or is it only a hearsay that one can only catch deathfish from graveyard ponds and robot fish from science factory ponds? I'm evidently not a big angler.
Scholar
#8 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
I don't know if there's a way to spawn them by Buydebug, but I'm sure that I have never seen either Deathfish or Robot fish in the custom worlds that I played so far.
Usually I play custom worlds where there's no ponds in graveyards or science facilities - Or is it only a hearsay that one can only catch deathfish from graveyard ponds and robot fish from science factory ponds? I'm evidently not a big angler.

I think I've seen death fish spawns on buydebug not sure about robot fish.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 8:38 PM Last edited by LemonyLin : 14th Aug 2019 at 9:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Scklsy
I thought of a very minor one- the graveyard in Sunset Valley has fully grown, harvestable Death Flowers ready for picking. I'm pretty sure aside from leveling gardening and finding a seed and growing it, that is the only way to obtain them (other than cheats)

I think buydebug has a bush spawner for all plants? I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure they're there. Even still, couldn't a dedicated builder could just wait for the plant to grow and then add the lot to the world? Or does it delete plants like on Sims 4 (not sure if it still does this, but back when I tried a long time ago plants were removed from the lot) when you save them?

But overall I don't think there is much that with all the cheats and the incredible power of CAW and super CAW can't together accomplish. It's all about what the individual world creator wants to do. And since a lot unique features are lot based, if there is something you want that wasn't added to a custom world you really wish to play, then you can always just add it yourself to a random lot.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:50 AM
I'm pretty sure custom worlds contains whatever you like, you just have to find the right creator.

Quote: Originally posted by Scklsy

Hardly. One of my lots has it, but don't ask me witch one or if it was ever uploaded. I don't even know what it's for, but farming I know a bit about.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 3:08 AM
A custom world is a custom world, you can have anything you like in it as the creator, including death flower plants, robot and death fish spawners, what ever you want. You are not bound by EA's examples.

As the user of a custom world, if the world doesn't have what you want, you can add it yourself

A well made custom world shouldn't suffer from lag, unless you decide to not maintain your game, stuff it to overflowing with CC or play a world too large for your system to handle

So in fact there is no need for you to "miss out" on anything