Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 6:34 AM
I have some "chit chat of a Sims nature" . . .
Did any of you notice that sometime during last week or the week before the prices of all the Sims 2 EP's dropped down to just under $15 and double deluxe is nineteen-something. All the SP's dropped around five bucks a piece.

Could this be my Wal-Mart's way of telling they're getting ready for a Christmas rush on Sims 3?

Or worse, are they getting ready to quit shelving Sims 2?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 6:58 AM
This comment reminds me of why I loved Wal-Mart. If only the games were that cheap down here!

I wouldn't worry about them not shelving it anymore. They should. I remember still seeing Sims 1 stuff around even after Sims 2 came out. Come to think of it, I think I can still find some basic Sims 1 stuff on the shelves.. Random.

They're probably just clearing some warehouse space for when Sims 3 comes out.

// sun is in the sky oh why, oh why would I wanna be anywhere else //
#3 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summerkelsa
This comment reminds me of why I loved Wal-Mart. If only the games were that cheap down here!

I wouldn't worry about them not shelving it anymore. They should. I remember still seeing Sims 1 stuff around even after Sims 2 came out. Come to think of it, I think I can still find some basic Sims 1 stuff on the shelves.. Random.

They're probably just clearing some warehouse space for when Sims 3 comes out.

There's pleanty of deluxe edition Sims 1 packs out there. I wouldn't worry about the Sims 2 going off the shelves. Even if they did there will always be sites like Ebay.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 7:43 AM
I'm just a little worried about how long they'll keep the Sims 2 going there. The Sims has been gone for over a year.
Mid-summer, I finally got a new pc that could handle Sims 2 and I still haven't gotten all the stuff. There's only one SP I don't own left there and they're missing a few. Apartment came and went before I got this pc. I remember seeing it there and wanting.
Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to find some time to drive into the Twin Cities and go hunting.

Just started the thread to give you all a head's up to check your local Wal-Mart for whatever you're missing since the price is dropping. All the EP's but double deluxe are half what they were before.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 7:58 AM
There's aleways other places besides Wal-Mart. I use to get mine at Target when I lived in the states.

I wouldn't stress. You just might have to pay a bit more to get a certain pack at a different shop. Or, as Dozo mentioned, hop online and shop around.

// sun is in the sky oh why, oh why would I wanna be anywhere else //
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 3:40 PM
i didn't noticed because i'm not using dollars in romania, and i havent visited a game shop for a while >.<

also, can you people PLEASE at least once think of the non-american people when mentioning USD??
#7 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 10:21 PM
What...you mean there are other people in this world besides AMERICANS!

Banish the thought!

LOL

Anyway, I actually am holding out for the Sims 2 Complete package or whatever they are going to call it, so that I can get all EPS at once. And I know it will be on a couple of DVDs so that I can stop doing the "Dance of the 17 Disks" every time I have to reinstall.

If they put that stupid can only reinstall 3 times junk on Sims 3, I sure as heck ain't getting it because I think I have reinstalled my TS2 games at least 20 times in the last four years.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 7:13 AM
Sorry, Magic, but I earn, spend, think in dollars. If I notice big price differences where I live, then maybe the prices are dropping in your country as well.

I have no idea what you're spending in Romania. Could be rubles, peso's, ??? JK. Bad joke.

The Apartment Live I found today and bought for $15.64 after sales tax would cost about ten cents per dollar more in Canada if I remember the exchange right -- something like $16.50. In England, my cousins could be buying if for around 7 pounds. Don't have the cool L symbol on my pc. Darn.

Magic, as I said in my former reply, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the prices were dropping in case they wanted to go pick up EP's and SP's cheaper than they were a couple weeks ago.

While shopping, the clerk looked up the Sims 3 date for me . It's listed for February 2009 and I forgot the month day. And selling for $49.84 at Wal-Mart.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella

In England, my cousins could be buying if for around 7 pounds. Don't have the cool L symbol on my pc. Darn.

7 pounds? I don't think so lol. I live in England and the stuff packs cost more than that. Apartment Life is around 18 pounds. So looks like you're getting a good deal in America!
Also would the "cool L symbol" you're looking for be the pound sign? £££ ?

Call me Kay please :)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kvsims2

It is an 'L'- for Libra, a latin unit of weight. It's also where we get lb for pound (weight) from.
#11 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 1:38 PM
7 pounds? I don't think so lol. I live in England and the stuff packs cost more than that. Apartment Life is around 18 pounds. So looks like you're getting a good deal in America!

Yeah, they have a nasty habit of just changing the money symbols over here so if something is $14.99 in the states it tends to be £14.99 over here - rip off or what?

WorkYourMagic: It is unrealistic to expect everybody to quote prices in every currency of the world (or did you just want it in yours? ) If you really want to know how much something is in your money there are plenty of online currency converters.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 5:24 AM
[QUOTE=Henry Crun]Yeah, they have a nasty habit of just changing the money symbols over here so if something is $14.99 in the states it tends to be £14.99 over here - rip off or what?

Seriously? That is a rip off after you figure the exchange rate in. That would be double or triple our price. I don't think the boat ride was that high.

We get this for a pound symbol here: #. And when we see 10#, we know that bag of taters has ten pounds in it. Our pounds are weight only.

I thought my cousin told me that a pound in England was the same as around two and a half dollars over here. The exchange rates change so much lately who knows.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 2:30 PM
Quote:

I thought my cousin told me that a pound in England was the same as around two and a half dollars over here. The exchange rates change so much lately who knows.

Yeah, the exchange rate probably is around that much, I don't know for sure. They just seem to charge us more over here
Although you said sims 3 is going to be $49? I've seen it for £29 on UK sites for preorder. So atleast that isn't overpriced!

Call me Kay please :)
#14 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 4:18 PM
Yeah, the exchange rate probably is around that much, I don't know for sure. They just seem to charge us more over here
Although you said sims 3 is going to be $49? I've seen it for £29 on UK sites for preorder. So atleast that isn't overpriced!

I don't intend to buy Sims 3 as I am sick of EAs attitude to us customers what with 'suckrot' and many other things but it is nice to know that at least those that buy it aren't getting fleeced on the price - from some shops anyway

Deatherella: Oh yeah, we have a saying in this country "Rip-Off Britain" and we didn't come up with it for no reason :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 3:25 AM
Hey, moderator persons, you can close this thread if you want

#16 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 8:35 AM
Try Australia, where stuff packs are almost the same price as full EPs. $40 -$50. The sims 3 will be at least $100
Field Researcher
#17 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:24 AM
i bought AL for 35 € and SP the last time i checked were 15€ no price drops here. someone correct me if i'm wrong but not where i shop at least. that's 45.5 $ and 19.5$ according to my cellphone converter which coulmd be a little off with the finiancil crisis and stuff.
#18 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 7:56 PM
As you don´t say where "here" is, I can´t really comment on the prices you gave leenetje (sounds dutch?), but in Germany I found the latest EP for 27 € and the older stuffpacks for around 10 €. Some SPs I can´t find for less than 15 € and those are of course the ones I want.
#19 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PandaGuin
Try Australia, where stuff packs are almost the same price as full EPs. $40 -$50. The sims 3 will be at least $100

EB has it currently on their website for $99.95 so you were spot on.
Bit of a rip off if you ask me.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 6:28 AM
See, if I could go to WalMart and pick up all my games, I would. Unfortunately, my WalMart doesn't carry the mac versions of any games except the Pre-K learning system crap that you can check out from the library for free. So, I'm forced to stick with buying from the apple store or Amazon. Not like an new EPs are going to come out anytime soon, anyway :/

potterhead
call me bria
#21 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 5:22 PM
they better not stop shelving sims2 i still dont have all the EPs =P
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xHailOfBulletsx
EB has it currently on their website for $99.95 so you were spot on.
Bit of a rip off if you ask me.

If we all hold out and refuse to buy it for the first month I bet the price will drop pretty quick to something more reasonable.

I noticed EB Australia has M&G listed at $14.95 this is the "On Sale" price here for stuff packs so I'll be getting it tomorrow if it's in store.