Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 10:06 AM
Golden Anniversary?
This might be a n00bish question, but how do you fulfill the golden anniversary lifetime want? I have a married Sim couple who both have that LTW, and although I have seen the "Throw party... Aniversary" option before, I don't have any idea how to make that work so that the LTW is fulfilled. I have thrown anniversary parties before but its just like an ordinary party on my game.

I mean, for birthday parties you can use the cake for the birthday to happen, for wedding parties you have the arch to make the wedding happen during the party, how do you make a golden anniversary happen in the game?

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 10:41 AM
I think it just is throwing the party... There's no item like a cake or an arch linked to a golden anniversary. Maybe you have to toast (with the champagne bottle)...
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 11:02 AM
I think they both have to be elders and have to have never cheated on eachother ever and then throw the party or something like that. I remember reading it in one of the Prima guides some time ago.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 11:09 AM
I don't think they have to be elders, its just elders are mostly like to get the option, and cheating on each other in the past doesn't matter as long they have fully forgiven each other.
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 11:37 AM
I've often wondered how you get the Golden Anniversary as well actually, I've got a couple of sims at the moment with that as their lifetime want.
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 12:46 PM
In my game, the Golden Anniversary want was fulfilled when both sims became Elders and when the party option appeared it was halfway through their Elder lifetime.

It just appeared on the phone option one day under the party option.

I don't think it is a glitch. You just need to be patient
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:14 PM
I've never been able to fill that LTW either! .__.

I seem to recall that there was a fix in a patch somewhere on the official site. But maybe I dreamt that. 8D

EDIT: The Free Time Patch.

- "Life Time Want "Reached Golden Anniversary" is now achievable."

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:19 PM
Only one has to be an elder. And the elder will then have in the phone menu - under parties - anniversary party option.
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 9:47 AM
I was under the impression that they both had to have been married to each other as adults and both reach elderhood before they can achieve a 'Golden Anniversary' That's how it works in my game.
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:26 AM
The Golden Anniversary LTW describes it as "make sure the two sims have a high lifetime and relationship score. Try to avoid the temptation of cheating."

So it depends really on your game ^.^
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:42 AM
I don't think you'll need Freetime and then the patch to get it, it sounds like Freetime stopped you being able to fulfill that LTW.

So I make sure they have a good relationship and never cheat, then just throw a party?

#12 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:58 AM
Correctamundo.

That's what I do Figgi
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 11:56 AM
Alright okay then. Seems like the easiest LTW I've ever seen.

#14 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 1:34 PM
Yup it seems to be lol :P

Apart from earning £100,000 ...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Only one has to be an elder. And the elder will then have in the phone menu - under parties - anniversary party option.

Thats probably true because I had that situation once. 1 Elder, 1 Adult.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charlie-chan
Yup it seems to be lol :P

Apart from earning £100,000 ...

That's incredibly easy if you have OFB.

When one of my Sims, Celeste, reached adult she moved out and started a home business, just selling stuff from the electronics section of the catalogue - TVs, stereos, computers, etc. In only a few days (maybe a week), working 24/7 by using InSim's motive adjuster, her business got to Level 10. Once it did, I moved her to the Sim Bin effectively selling both the business and her house and it came to $203,195. Her house was only a starter one, with an extended front room for the business.

#17 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 1:53 AM
I've always wondered how to reach the golden anniversary and now I know!
my sims don't usually throw parties for my fear of throwing duds.. :/

but thanks so much this was very helpful.
Instructor
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorka
I've never been able to fill that LTW either! .__.

I seem to recall that there was a fix in a patch somewhere on the official site. But maybe I dreamt that. 8D

EDIT: The Free Time Patch.

- "Life Time Want "Reached Golden Anniversary" is now achievable."

Well, i dont know about the patch because my game is completely unpatched and I have never had a problem achieving this lifetime want. As a matter of fact, I find it the easiest lifetime want to fulfill. Nor have I ever had to wait until the elders were in the middle of that lifecycle to throw their anniversary party- I can and do throw them their party the day after each has become an elder.
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 11:51 AM
yes..it does seem to be the easiest lifetime want to achieve..
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 2:44 PM
I think servos can't reach Golden Anniversary? Sometimes they have this LTW...
Instructor
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kusama
I think servos can't reach Golden Anniversary? Sometimes they have this LTW...

Well I could not answer on that one personally because I have never really played with the servos. Maybe once a couple of years ago, but I dont care for characters (servos, bigfoot, zombies) that dont age and eventually die. I didnt even know servos could marry!