Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 7:35 PM
Default Liking to flirt or hating to flirt, that is the question.
What determines which socials/activities a sim likes or dislikes?

I have one sim who has 10 Nice, 6 Playful and 8 Outgoing points and she cringes when directed to flirt, why?

I had another sim with maximum playful points who apparently loathed watching the TV or playing on the console.

I'm not a seeing a pattern at all so if someone could explain it to me I'd be appreciative.

ETA:What about compiling a casual list?

We all know that Neat sims (6/7+ neat points) will cheer when directed to clean and sloppy sims (4 or less neat points) will sulk.

Playful sims (7+ playful points) will be visibly pleased to watch TV whilst serious sims (4 or less playful points) will drag their feet.

These are the ones I know for definite. Any more, anyone?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 9:15 PM
That sounds like a Sim who should love flirting. I look forward to others' feedback.

Lazy Sims love TV. A very active Sim prefers catch or working out to TV/video games.
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Lazy Sims love TV. A very active Sim prefers catch or working out to TV/video games.
Ah, that explains it then, my playful sim was active too.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 6:51 PM
Different flirts have different rules as well. A sim might like to sweet talk but hate to hold hands. I have no idea what the guidelines are though.
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 6:56 PM
Or maybe she didn't have enough chemistry with who she was flirting with?
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetmagras
I have one sim who has 10 Nice, 6 Playful and 8 Outgoing points and she cringes when directed to flirt, why?

I've noticed this too, but with sims that are already "in love" and engaged or married. They are family aspiration sims too so I've also wondered why some moan and groan about having to show affection to other sims, especially ones they love.
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferret II
Or maybe she didn't have enough chemistry with who she was flirting with?
Three bolts.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetmagras
What determines which socials/activities a sim likes or dislikes?

Would you by any chance be directing her to "Hit On"? That particular flirt is associated with Grouchy.
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdmiralAeris
Would you by any chance be directing her to "Hit On"? That particular flirt is associated with Grouchy.
Just "Charm".
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 9:21 PM
My wild guess would be that the particular Sim is in the mood for doing something else at the moment, not flirting. But then again, I have had Sims who have 3 bolts, are madly in love, their Want slots go like Kiss, Make out, woohoo, etc. and when I direct them to fulfil their wants, they groan and moan. =.=

What? It's YOUR want, not MINE. If you're not up to the task, roll something else. Sheesh!