Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:19 PM
@Fyendiar: amazing work, you sir are a master! /bow
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:22 PM
Wow guys, thanks for the compliments! I tend to get lost in the details so much while making the houses that I tend to see the flaws more than anything else. It's good to see that you guys love it.

Btw it may seem like I added to the foundation underneath those ehm..windows that stick out (heck how do you call those in english?), but that's done with 2 dressers with the back turned, 4 dressers at the base of the chimney which can't be seen on the pictures. Those dressers under the windows make it possible to add plants and such to it without using a mod (sims want to enjoy watching those plants though and can't reach them which gives an annoying amount of sims tantrems the first few days they live there.
Oh and that small waterfall used 11 or so fog emitters since the real waterfall effects they give are too big so every stream down is 1 emiter and 1 for the splashing effect at the bottom. Butterflies all around, fishing at multiple spots, an extra colorfull garden at night (kinda like with Villa de la Morte, but less creepy) which I decided not to show now because the building has a dark texture so wouldn't be clear enough in the pictures and didn't want half the outside pictures in the dark and half in the light.
Oh yeah the fireflies come out at night and speaking of fires....same as with previous houses there is a fire alarm in the kitchen, but it is hidden since it doesn't fit the old theme. As you can see in the chat thread it ain't an unneeded luxury with a fireplace part of the kitchen.

Okay I will stop talking now, thanks again for the compliments guys!
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:20 PM
I think they were called bay windows. So the plants are actually sort of outside and just sticks through the bay windows? Very creative indeed! I was wondering about the waterfall also, as I didn't think there were waterfalls that small!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#129 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:34 PM
Another one I want. Fyendiar, please, please, please just upload ALL of your entries!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:51 PM
I will be uploading the houses from R2-4, not the one from R1 since that one is nothing special tbh. A word of warning though; especially Villa de la Morte and to a lesser extend the other two...they are a strain on your computer. All the plants and with the villa also the fog effects make it a tough one for slower computers. I have never uploaded anything to this site so I will have to figure out how to, been putting it off since I got the result from R2, but to put it in WoW's terms: I will do it soon™.
Instructor
#131 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyendiar
Oh and that small waterfall used 11 or so fog emitters since the real waterfall effects they give are too big so every stream down is 1 emiter and 1 for the splashing effect at the bottom.

I've found "showerfx" works wonders for small waterfalls.

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fragglerocks
I've found "showerfx" works wonders for small waterfalls.

That's is an awesome find, just checked it ingame and it works wonders. Thanks!
I didn't change the entry though since the aforementioned soon™ became an "ah heck let's do it right now". So the houses of R2, 3 and 4 have been uploaded and are now in the queue to be accepted...or denied ofcourse if I messed something up during the admission.
Inventor
#133 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:38 PM
@BGatot thanks .I got it from a mission in gta san andreas

@Greenlea thanks .And i can tell by your username

Also I updated my house so thats how it was intended to look (well sorta).
Inventor
#134 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyendiar
That's is an awesome find, just checked it ingame and it works wonders. Thanks!
I didn't change the entry though since the aforementioned soon™ became an "ah heck let's do it right now". So the houses of R2, 3 and 4 have been uploaded and are now in the queue to be accepted...or denied ofcourse if I messed something up during the admission.

Awesome they may not approve the R4 house right away until the round is done and judged and whatnot. That happened to me when I uploaded my R2 house. Or are you uploading them all together in one post?

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:18 PM
Seperate posts, I already got a reply on Villa de la Morte and had to make some changes. It's again in the queue to be checked. The same thing is most likely going to happen for the other 2 houses since I kinda made the same mistakes there, but I will wait and see.
Test Subject
#136 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:44 AM Last edited by Llihnae : 14th Aug 2010 at 6:38 AM.
Default L'Olivier
Hello, I'm Antoine Germain and his is my house.
Many years ago this region was very prosper thanks to the trade of olive oil and this house was one of the biggest mas of the village. However, 60 years ago a fire destroyed all the trees and a lot of the houses of the village.
My grandfather succeeded in rescuing one of our oldest olive trees, but with only one tree left the villagers couldn’t make olive oil anymore. So, not to let the village die like their forest, the people started to make nectar instead.
This mas has been constructed on the foundation of the warehouse that my grandfather restored.

Even if it’s small, it has everything you need. Two bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, kitchen, living room and a warehouse where I still make nectar. There’s NO CC

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1281763255

Let's take a look at the house.
This is the foundation level with the warehouse

This is the ground floor with the kitchen, living room and the loo. I know that's very small but it's functional.

Here is the first floor with the two bedrooms and bathrooms. With such a small house there's not much that can fit in this palce.

Here we have a full view of the garden with it's pond and pool. This pool is a real luxury because in this region it doesn't rain a lot but that's exactly the climat tom make the best nectar.

This is the living room with stone walls and floor. The furniture is made out of wood to add a hearty feeling.

This is the kitchen, the biggest room in the house. Here again we have stone and wood to stay in the style of this region.

Here is the master bedroom. Everythisng is in light colors, so the room looks bigger.

Finaly a view of the garden and it's many flowers. Because we always have a beautiful weather we spend most of our time in the garden... because gardening takes half a day...

Well, it's getting dark already, maybe you should go home before it's too late. Good bye

Field Researcher
#137 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:54 AM
erm guys... Im not gonna be able to enter the 4th round. I'm gutted. My Aunt went into hospital, and I havent even given the competition thought!!! I dunno if its allowed, but someone who didnt get in is more than welcome to take my place in the last round and fill in for me. I obviously wont take any credit for it!!! just pm if u wanna :D

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Test Subject
#138 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 2:25 AM
Default Fat City!
When you were a kid did you ever fall in love with something a little silly? Did you want to be a veterinarian, or a princess, or learn to fly? Did you love The Lion King, the color pink, or tigers? Most people outgrow their childhood loves, but I didn't. And I fell in love with a decade and I never outgrew it. The 1950's spoke to me. I loved the bright colors and simple designs. I knew from the time I was a small child that I wanted a 50's inspired home.

Sorry! I didn't mean to bug you with my chatter. I'm Penelope Baxter, but everyone calls me Penni. You wanted to cast an eyeball on my pad? No sweat, that would be crazy cool! My house is built on the foundations of a two story family house built in 1952. They had a few too many ankle-biters and needed a bigger place. Later the abandoned house became a hang out for punks, cubes, and other bad news. Somehow a fire got started in one of the upstairs bedrooms destroying the entire top floor and some of the bottom as well. That's how it stayed until I bought it.

Isn't it neato now? I think it's the bees-knees myself. Me and my friends call it Fat City, no matter what you call it it's a great place to hang.

The living room is hip! Bright colors and lots of things to do. You can plop down to watch a flick or page through a great read. I've got a fish too, his name is Carl. There's also a dining area to refuel at and it's got enough room for two!

My kitchen is attached to the living room. It's out of sight! Really razzes my berries. The matching colors and hi-quality appliences make it the perfect place to whip up a slurg or two for you and your best girlfriends.

My bedroom is one of my favorite places in the house. Covered in pink, I know, it's far out. The bed is so soft, it's the perfect place to nod off and pile up some Z's. The ceiling is covered in clouds too, how hep is that? I've also got a small study area to the side for reading and homework. Yes even a radioactive cat like me has to do homework. I love the big mirrors. They make the room look so much bigger and help me getting ready to be beautiful.
By the way, don't tell anyone about the teddy bear. Don't want people to think I'm a square.

My garage is where I stable the horses, obviously. I also keep my bike inside and have all the tools for fixing it or the chariot. My set of wheels may look like a tank, but it's really a hopped up rocket. Built the engine myself, with some help from Denny. He's my beau. Sometimes we go out to the passion pit in my rod and play some back seat bingo. Not that you needed to know that.

I love my garden. I learned to grow things from my aunt who raised me, she owns a farm. I grow all my own fruits and vegetables in that garden, and catch fish in my very own pond! My friends get a kick out of me growing my own food. I think it's pretty cool too. That bench under the big tree? Of that's where me and Denny sit sometimes, it's way romantic. He's so full of apple butter, makes me feel like a queen! We bash ears for hours out here, just the two of us.

If there's one thing I love to do it's hang with my friends. That's why I installed the pool and built such a big patio area. My friends can come swim, have a drink, or just sit by the fire and gab all night long. The stereo pumps out sounds and we all dance and dance, chasing the gringles away.

In this picture of the grounds you can eyeball the garden, the pond, the pool, the padio, and the garage where my storming machine sleeps.

The floor plan shows the main room of the house which contains living room, kitchen, and dining area. You also get a good shot of my L shaped bedroom, including my study area. And of course there's the bathroom. Got to have one of those.

No CC was used in the making of this house whatever that means. No animals were harmed either.
If you couldn't exactly pick up on my smooth lingo you can check out this page: Slang of the 1950's
If you study hard we could have some kookie conversations.
Now I've got things to do, so put an egg in your shoe and beat it!
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:09 AM
@Craggles: Hope your Aunt will be ok!

About 1 day left!
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:56 AM
Oh no, yet another one fell to the "Foundation 4 curse"! :D

Still, sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope everything will turn out OK!
Forum Resident
#141 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 7:53 AM
Default Simple Little Cabin
I want to thank HP, the Judges, and everyone participating in the Foundation Contest for making me a better builder.
I have learned a lot. For this foundation I learned how to do bridges.

So here is a simple cabin.
It is cheap, small and run-down but it's home.
The cabin is surrounded by a fishing/swimming hole.
It is meant to be a starter home for a single person.

No custom content used.

$24,928 Unfurnished
$29,604 Furnished

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#142 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:43 AM
Default Liberty Villa
Hey guys, here's a detached house, built in the first years of the 20th century in a beautiful Art Nouveau-ish style (or, in the most similar style in which this game allows me to build )

NO CC USED.

So, here are two external shots:

Floor plans:

Foundations:

Kitchen:

Living Room:

Dining Room:

Master Bedroom:

The little study:

Backgarden:

Hope you like it, I wasn't very inspired by this shape of foundation. I wanted to do a thing with lots of porches and stuff but this one was too small.

MTS Foundation Contest: [Round I] [Round II] [Round III] [Round IV]
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 10:19 AM
Very nice, PiT91! The back garden dining area thingy is very impressive, with curved roofs and all. I think it's very inspirational, I'm certainly inspired by it!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 10:33 AM
R3 Comments

Hey guys, sorry about my slowness in sending out R3 comments. Real life sometimes gets in the way.

Not exactly standard, but... here is a spreadsheet with everyone's R3 comments. Just scroll down to your name and read across. Usually I send them privately but I've been super busy lately and I figure this way, at least you'll have 'em.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...uthkey=CPjqvagE
Inventor
#145 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 10:53 AM
Thanks .I've been waiting for this...Btw did you write all this by yourself ?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:15 AM
? No, gabrielorie. Those are comments from the judges - not my comments. I don't judge or comment besides stuff I may say in the thread here.
Instructor
#147 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:28 AM
HP, I must ask if the comments might have gotten out of order or something? I have a comment about a cooky Dr Who theme and an impractical way of getting to the 2nd floor. My house does not have a second floor and I do not know what a dr who theme is.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#148 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:35 AM
Argh, sorry about that. Yes, they got out of order somehow in copypasta from Excel to Google Docs. I doublechecked and it should be fixed now - please refresh. My apologies - I'm having a dumbass day. Week. Whatever.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#149 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:38 AM
I was actually on the page when you updated it. I thought I was loosing my mind. All of a sudden everything disappeared and when it started coming back different comments were getting outlined in green, stuff was disappearing and reappearing. I promise I thought I had lost it there for a second. Thought I would share this, cause you probably could use a laugh.
Inventor
#150 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:49 AM
Oh,ok thanks .

Btw Sookielee I never really got a chance to look at your house closely because i was busy but now I see what a masterpiece it is .The colours look so great together and the landscaping is amazing .I can see you put a lot of thought into it .

Page 6 of 9