Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9776 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I'm *this close* to banning all illness in my game. I'm sick of it in real life, and I'm sick of these plague carriers showing up to my sims' birthday parties or bringing a friend home from school, and sending me on a days-long treck to root out illness in my household before it spreads.

The Visitor Controller has an option to "Ban Plague".
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ws-toga-parties
Advertisement
Alchemist
#9777 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 2:18 PM
Is there a TS2 finds page that's regularly updated? I know about Simscave.
Mad Poster
#9778 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 3:00 PM
I'm *this close* to banning all illness in my game. I'm sick of it in real life, and I'm sick of these plague carriers showing up to my sims' birthday parties or bringing a friend home from school, and sending me on a days-long treck to root out illness in my household before it spreads.

Katy76 from PCsims made cure for every sickness in game including morning sickness. Your sim needs to have at least 1 cooking point to make it. If your sim brought a sick coworker from work let him/her make a serving and it cures everyone who eats. http://www.mediafire.com/file/j42f5...Sanity.zip/file
Mad Poster
#9779 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 5:25 PM
I wish I had somebody that would pick me up at home and take me to work. I would save a lot of money on gas.

Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
I find it funny how often they want to talk about grilled cheese to other Sims and most Sims don't like it.

It reminds me of the over-zealous religious people that always manage to insert God into a conversation.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#9780 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 6:00 PM

Simwardrobe's Maximum Strength Disinfectant can cure sims and has the option to remove disease tiles from a lot; the sim manipulator has options to cure the whole lot and the whole hood. CJ's New Genie Wishes also adds a wish to Cure The Plague, which cures the entire hood. Then there's Sophie-David's Healing Well (part of the Five "Life Changing" Seasons Wells set) which will cure any sim within 6 tiles or who drinks from it.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9781 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 6:10 PM
[QUOTE=HarVee]I wish I had somebody that would pick me up at home and take me to work. I would save a lot of money on gas.
Well, it's a carpool. The members of the carpool all contribute gas money. Find people who live in your area and also work in your area and you, too, can carpool. Good for the planet; leaves a car at home for other household members; reduces trips to the gas station; how much actual money it saves varies from person to person.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9782 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Well, it's a carpool. The members of the carpool all contribute gas money. Find people who live in your area and also work in your area and you, too, can carpool. Good for the planet; leaves a car at home for other household members; reduces trips to the gas station; how much actual money it saves varies from person to person.

Not sure if there are carpools in my area since I live in a rural area and my normal work location is an hour away. I'll give it a look into when I get off this blasted work from home that I was put on recently due to coronavirus concerns.

Alchemist
#9783 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 7:14 PM
Oh, I love working from home; gives me more time for simming and posting on MTS! I also get about 2 hours extra sleep a day, !

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9784 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 7:18 PM
I guess each their own on that. I hate it because I'm away from my professional equipment and have to supplement with sub-par stuff. I just feel like I do a worse job from home. And as someone who works in a field involving computers and audio, I like to get the best I can get.

Although I admit all this extra time to play The Sims is fun.

#9785 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 7:31 PM
Agreed. As much as I love playing Sims, if I didn't have to stay home I would be shadowing a veterinarian right now. And I would actually be learning the technical skills I need from my lab courses instead of watching a video of someone doing an experiment. I feel for all of my friends who lost internship and shadowing opportunities this summer. When you're already settled into your career I guess working from home can be nice, but it's scary when you lose your source of income and lose the chance to learn and build your resume for medical school. At least we have Sims to distract us
Scholar
#9786 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 7:56 PM
I work from home anyway. I'm a freelancer, so it's usually either feast or famine in terms of work, but it's been a famine over the last few months. Before I filled my time by going places, or I could work at the library or a coffeeshop if I needed a change--now stuck at home all the time. I have to admit, boredom really led me into getting back into the Sims, that and having a hard time focusing on my other usual hobbies. Sims is a great escape from the anxieties of the real world. Although with the warmer winter here, I too have been seeing monster roaches and having bad memories of them! I'm a much better stomper than my Sims are, though.

Random thought: I wonder what would happen between two children not related to each other but raised from babies in the same household. I have the opportunity to play that out in one of my households, and I'm curious what their relationship will be like. Will they be like siblings? Or will there be teen love just from being in close proximity?
Alchemist
#9787 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 8:24 PM
They will have bolts for each other (or negative attraction) unless you mark them as family. I remember a long time ago someone shared gameplay about a guy who raised a child from infancy. The child grew up and rolled romantic wants for their "father", because as far as the game was concerned, they were non-relatives with a high relationship score and chemistry.
Forum Resident
#9788 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The Visitor Controller has an option to "Ban Plague".
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ws-toga-parties

Well, my sim threw a party and I used Visitor Controller to ban plague. Didn't work. Someone showed up sick, and 14 sims were infected. 8 of them I knew were healthy prior to this because I had just played their lots. One of the sims in the family I was playing had to eat 3 bowls of Grandma's comfort soup before he stopped getting re-infected.

FML. I feel like Dr. Anthony Fauci. I'll try CJ's Genie Wishes next.
Scholar
#9789 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
They will have bolts for each other (or negative attraction) unless you mark them as family. I remember a long time ago someone shared gameplay about a guy who raised a child from infancy. The child grew up and rolled romantic wants for their "father", because as far as the game was concerned, they were non-relatives with a high relationship score and chemistry.

This is what I suspected. It could still make for an interesting storyline, though. It would also be interesting if they had negative chemistry.
Top Secret Researcher
#9790 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 11:00 PM
I don't get that much extra time for playing Sims - only an extra hour a day, while working from home. I do like sleeping in an extra hour though. As for car pools, often not practical in a big city, where neighbours are travelling in completely the wrong direction and co-workers live miles away. When I used to work in the CBD, I took the train, but now I work in a northern suburb, or would if I was not working from home. I'm saving by not using the car but spending it on heating through autumn and winter. My last power bill...
Mad Poster
#9791 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 12:16 AM Last edited by FranH : 14th Jul 2020 at 4:54 AM.
Well, my sim threw a party and I used Visitor Controller to ban plague. Didn't work. Someone showed up sick, and 14 sims were infected. 8 of them I knew were healthy prior to this because I had just played their lots. One of the sims in the family I was playing had to eat 3 bowls of Grandma's comfort soup before he stopped getting re-infected.

FML. I feel like Dr. Anthony Fauci. I'll try CJ's Genie Wishes next.

If you have the Insimenator you can ban the illness from the entire neighborhood, or from certain families. I've done so in every single one of my hoods for years after a run with 'Real Sickness.' That was the one and only time I've ever used it, and I didn't like the results.

Right now it'd make me cry. I've had enough of death for one lifetime, either pixel or human.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
#9792 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 12:27 AM
@sturlington kestrellyn's mod Found Family allows you to treat certain Sims as family. It would work for the purpose you described and many other scenarios.
https://modthesims.info/d/620238/found-family.html
Forum Resident
#9793 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:22 AM
I used CJ's New Genie Wishes and *fingers crossed* it looks like it worked.

These are the kind of numbers I was dealing with. 180 sick sims. This was so far beyond "Oh, just have some grandma's soup or lie down for an hour, NBD!"

I don't want to ban illness forever, but I needed a break from it.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#9794 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 9:21 AM
When a town grandfather dies, I've just decided to boolprop my way through the grandkids' "Relative Dies" depression. It's faster.
Mad Poster
#9795 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:18 PM
A lot less emotionally engaging, though. You do you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#9796 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 7:21 PM
I think I know why Don likes Kaylynn so much: she reminds him of his mother! In my TS4 game I aged the Pleasantview characters down to match Cassandra and created parents for them. Now that it's time to add Kaylynn in I was staring at her really intently wondering why she seemed so familiar before it hit me. She looks a lot like Adriana and has many of the same personal qualities. Then I had a hunch and checked out Cassandra's personality and compared it to Adriana and Kaylynn's. They are all shy women with above average neatness and niceness or playfulness. I was going off a hunch that Nina and Dina would be the opposite of Cassie and Kaylynn (I see what you did there, Maxis!) but in checking them over, Nina has more in common with the mother group than Dina does. Regardless, How weird is is that he's got three lovers that remind him of his mother and one that is aggressively the opposite?

Anyway I'm having fun noodling around with 4, but I also want to get 2 up and running again and not completely destroy it with CC again. I was having fun before I broke it.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#9797 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 7:55 PM
Maybe Don has mommy issues he couldn't work out. It would explain a lot when you think about it.

Field Researcher
#9798 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
A lot less emotionally engaging, though. You do you.

I don't like that they're related to the Curious family just by having alien DNA, though.
#9799 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 9:54 PM
I'm fully convinced playing 1 day rotations is the best way to play the game.

I just got through a day at my Romana household. Julius had work at the architecture firm and Aemilia is still on maternity leave - she's always on maternity leave! Having a job for her is basically like collecting her unemployment check each day. The four child aged kiddos had their first day of summer break and spent most of their day happily fishing together. Aemilia potty trained Luna and Sol, and changed Pastor and Septus' diapers whenever they needed. She's also pregnant with the 9th kid so that slowed her down a bit. This house is way too poor to ever afford a nanny, so it's rare that the kids get to go places and leave the youngest ones at home. Thanks to my rotation style, the Romana's are still completely involved with the town story. My other families are able to go out much more often, and I love seeing my Romana's in the background. It's also usually just Aemilia or Julius out with a kid or two, which means the other stayed home to hold down the fort. I love seeing all of my families so connected and intertwined, and if it weren't for my play style they would just be homebodies.
Mad Poster
#9800 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 11:31 PM
Quote:
I love seeing all of my families so connected and intertwined, and if it weren't for my play style they would just be homebodies.

Oh, in a developed neighborhood, that's so true-in Tinsel Town everyone knows each other, or is related in some way to another pixel. Entire families drop by the house and then it's an unofficial family reunion.

"Oh, I was looking for my wife! hey, is that a chicken casserole you have for supper? Don't mind if I do!"
"My aunt is here, and I'm going to ask her the recipe to that dessert she had. Don't mind me, I'll play some darts while she gets a drink at the bar."

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 392 of 511