Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#9801 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 3:52 PM
It's kind of funny how roller blade wheels just pop-up on whatever shoes the sims are wearing at the time. These don't look particularly safe.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9802 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 4:45 PM
The Sims world has great medical care so if she hurt her ankle she'd be okay. :P

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#9803 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 11:26 PM
I overheard someone enthusiastically say today, "they have the BEST grilled cheese sandwiches and onion rings. I mean, like, the BEST! I need one right now."
I said to my sister, "That's definitely a Grilled Cheese Sim"
Forum Resident
#9804 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 2:23 PM
How do y'all go about career chance cards? Do you look up the outcomes? Genuinely think about what would be better? Look at it through your sim's eyes?

Asking because I got one with Consort Capp where I chose to "trust the person" since the wiki said that had higher chances of success, and only after he got a promotion did I realize that Consort would be the last person to ever trust someone in business.
Mad Poster
#9805 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 2:52 PM
I always make a character-based decision.Since the results are randomized I figure I might as well.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#9806 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 2:56 PM
I think it's mostly random so doesn't matter what you pick. Except for hobby cards. ALWAYS choose not to "engage" in whatever hobby it is. For example, don't wear the costume at work. If they don't wear it when they should, they just lose some silly enthusiasm, but if they wear it when they shouldn't, they get freaking demoted! So not worth the stakes.
I discovered that a while ago, and since I started taking that approach I've had less demotions and firings.

(Yesterday a sim had 3 promotions in one day btw, score!!)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9807 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 9:17 PM
There are some you must pick if you don't want them to get demoted/fired all the time-in the athletic career, always turn down the 'promoter' offer made. It's always a scam, and there's no money in it, but there's charisma and body points awarded if it's turned down.

The other day I had one pixel in Alice Springs get a promotion, get demoted and then get re-promoted all within a few hours. Made lots of money that way.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#9808 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 10:32 PM
In my testing of my default gamer career to make sure there were no spelling errors, it seems like Bianca always got the negative chance cards; she got fired twice, and demoted/lost skill points a couple times, before I had to cheat her up a few levels. I only changed the percentage chance on two random job levels, I think that changes the chance of how quickly the chance cards pop up. I usually don't play along with chance cards and always choose 'Ignore', but seeing as no one complained about this yet since I uploaded it, I wrote it off to this being like a game development career in real life since they seem hard to get into, and even harder to keep

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#9809 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 11:17 PM
When I was first playing the game, I'd always look up the odds before choosing. Snooty Sims used to have a list of chance card choices with the odds, but that page is long gone. Now, I either hit ignore, or choose based on what the character would do.
Mad Poster
#9810 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Snooty Sims used to have a list of chance card choices with the odds, but that page is long gone. .

Not the same page but they still have it: https://snootysims.com/wiki/sims-2/sims-2-career-cards/
Mad Poster
#9811 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 5:12 AM
My inspiration for writing descriptions of my uploads is sorely lacking recently... the last few I've posted, and the one I currently have finished, have all been held up because I couldn't think of a clever story to put with them.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#9812 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 5:13 AM
It doesn't have all of them. I think it's missing the Freetime careers.
Field Researcher
#9813 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
How do y'all go about career chance cards? Do you look up the outcomes? Genuinely think about what would be better? Look at it through your sim's eyes?

Asking because I got one with Consort Capp where I chose to "trust the person" since the wiki said that had higher chances of success, and only after he got a promotion did I realize that Consort would be the last person to ever trust someone in business.

If it's a character that I've been really dying to get promoted, or been having a rough week, I don't take chances.

If it's a Sim I don't really care about, or I'm not planning to get promoted any time soon, I enjoy seeing what the options will give me (picking the choice in-character).

But I always look up the chance cards and percentages beforehand. Unfortunately, The Sims Wiki is incomplete on chance cards, I think.
Mad Poster
#9814 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 5:04 PM
I found Mods to either fix the chance card outcomes or to Mod that right out because they would sometimes glitch out and cause sims to get fired from their jobs.
Mad Poster
#9815 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 11:05 PM
I was getting tired of Sims getting fired and demoted from chance cards so I found a mod to get rid of them. (No matter what I picked it always seemed to be the wrong answer.)
Inventor
#9816 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 5:53 AM
I think I finally ran into genuine pink flashing; not because of mods or broken cc, just pink soup out of nowhere . I think I put in too much hood deco cc, because the hood itself eventually started lagging on top of all the mountain trees I plopped everywhere. Deleting the accessory cache fixed the issue, but maybe this is a sign. I'm gonna have to put a dummy sim in the neighborhood to see if I can play it without lag. If not, I'll have to start over

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#9817 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 7:20 AM
I wish this game had a way to tell if the trash was full. In The Sims 1, it had a different sprite, so it was obvious. Not that it really matters, I guess. It seems to be rare to fill up the trash anyway. An occasional pizza box here, baby bottle there. And I have a maid 99% of the time I'm playing.
Top Secret Researcher
#9818 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 10:26 AM

Often the chance cards appear when my Sim is due for a promotion so I ignore it. I only choose one when I don't mind what the outcome is.
Mad Poster
#9819 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I wish this game had a way to tell if the trash was full. In The Sims 1, it had a different sprite, so it was obvious. Not that it really matters, I guess. It seems to be rare to fill up the trash anyway. An occasional pizza box here, baby bottle there. And I have a maid 99% of the time I'm playing.

The only thing what shows full trash is when your sim leads to big trashcan instead that one in the room. I actually took out Less Trash Duty mod because I like to fill compost bin with more compost and every single trash taken out matters.
Scholar
#9820 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 5:23 PM

Criminals are always required to take a chance. Pets never do, and neither do teens with after-school jobs unless they're criminals (they used to, but I've had too many teens lose out on the Entrepreneur scholarship on the last day, due to a decision that no high school student should ever be asked to make).

I very often ignore the chance card because at best it will give my Sim a promotion they'd get at the end of the day anyway, but sometimes I will try to make a decision based on the Sim's personality, or on what 'should' be the right answer in the real world. There's one on the Slacker career track that involves bunnies, and I always go for that one because, well, bunnies (luckily for my Sims, it's very often the right choice, too).
Mad Poster
#9821 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 8:18 PM
In general play I do what I think the sim would do. And if the sim would never put themselves into a situation where that would come up, then I hit ignore. Because lets face it, some of the chance cards require that the sim did something they wouldn't have done at work, or at all, by the dialog that comes up.

But I'm playing an Apocalypse right now, so I look those suckers up.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#9822 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 5:41 PM
For those of you who play supernaturals - how do you explain the fear of being a witch in your games? I could see why Sims wouldn't want to be any of the other supernaturals, but there are no drawbacks to being witches, arguably besides turning green or splotchy-gold if you progress too far in one magical direction. I want to have an explanation for my neighborhood without having to veer into Sim-racism or prejudice.
Mad Poster
#9823 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
For those of you who play supernaturals - how do you explain the fear of being a witch in your games? I could see why Sims wouldn't want to be any of the other supernaturals, but there are no drawbacks to being witches, arguably besides turning green or splotchy-gold if you progress too far in one magical direction. I want to have an explanation for my neighborhood without having to veer into Sim-racism or prejudice.

Not sure if this would still swing too close to prejudice for what you want, but if you want to avoid out-and-out racism against supernaturals (a la the X-Men), you could always have it be a religious phobia... think about how a particularly devout member of an Abrahamic religion would be afraid of developing supernatural abilities, if they thought abilities like that were inherently bad or against the wishes of the Divine.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#9824 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 7:19 PM
That's a good idea. I've incorporated the Jacoban and Peteran religion from Sims Medieval into my gameplay, and I could have one of those sects feel like Magic goes against the Watcher's will.
Field Researcher
#9825 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 11:12 PM
It seems to be pretty rare for dormies to attack the cow mascot even after being attacked themselves. Such a shame. I find the chaos hilarious, aside from the sprinkler pranks.
Page 393 of 515