Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#9876 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 1:51 AM
Why do the sloppy Sims get the fears for changing a diaper? Shouldn't it be the neat Sims?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9877 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 2:33 AM
Cuz having a sloppy changing them, like cleaning a toilet, is a chore for them (i.e. requires them to purge the filth) while neat freaks have an obsession compulsion and look forward to switching the old napkin to the bin with the new.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#9878 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 7:40 AM
Backrubs are not romantic. I've always found that weird, especially since more Sims seem to enjoy them even if they don't know the other Sim.
well.
Scholar
#9879 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
Backrubs are not romantic. I've always found that weird, especially since more Sims seem to enjoy them even if they don't know the other Sim.
well.

Ah, I guess I thought they were because they always want to give a backrub on a date. But as in real life, a backrub could either be an affectionate gesture or a bit of flirting, depending on whose back you're rubbing. I like when my twins give each other massages autonomously. "Oh, you look like you had a rough day. Want a little shoulder rub?"

However, you are right, if someone I did not know well wanted to give me a backrub, I would treat them with extreme suspicion.
Forum Resident
#9880 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 1:16 AM
This roof. Why?

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9881 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 2:21 AM
Because autoroof has no eyes. Roof the long part, then do the leftover bits, and don't let go of the mouse till they blend.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#9882 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 3:31 AM
Oh, I fixed it. That was just the original EA roof on the Little Fallorayne Amphitheatre at Academie le Tour.
Field Researcher
#9883 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 7:20 AM
I generally don't throw parties or go on dates/outings. I prefer not to be graded and then fulfill a fear or bad memory.
Forum Resident
#9884 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:00 AM
Why don't pleasure sims like to throw parties? Pleasure's my go-to aspiration for party animals, but it's quite weird how they don't want to throw parties unless you give them a popularity secondary
Mad Poster
#9885 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:31 AM
Well, you must suit yourself, but you're avoiding a lot of fun for fear of something that isn't very likely, or very bad. Even before I figured out how to do them, I seldom had a bad date or a bad party. I can tell you the secret to good dates and parties at will right here:

For a date: Fill wants, both the active sim's and date's, and don't sit down to eat or do anything else time-consuming until you have at least 4 hours on the timer. If they're friends before the date you'll probably start getting romantic wants after the want to eat out is filled. You can ask the date what they want, or open the date's want panel by clicking on their aspiration sign. You can scramble a date's wants panel by asking "Do you like what you see?" A date must be a Dud or Disaster to generate a bad memory. The only Disaster date I ever had was one in which the active sim was caught cheating by the woman he just got pregnant, who was a lot more important to him than the current date, so he Smooth Talked her - without ending the date first. It was hilarious and dramatic and generated the only flaming bag of poo I've seen in the game.

For a date, the game counts positive social interactions, so the simplest way to get a roof raiser is to invite a bunch of people who are already friends with each other, put some food out, and let them go. If the party has a purpose, such as a birthday or a wedding, take care of that right off the bat and the party will start to rise automatically. Triple bolt couples are excellent for a party score because they'll probably spend the entire party making out and that's a great boost. If the host doesn't yet have a circle of friends, you'll have to work them a bit. Take them around the party hugging, doing social gestures, influencing people to interact, and so on. They'll roll wants to do so, so let that guide you. Dance Together and mass solo dancing are social; smustling and vacation dances are not. Group activities like sitting in hot tubs, playing games, eating dinner, and watching TV together boost the party score, but blowing bubbles doesn't without a mod. If you invite sims who don't like each other, invite enemies who attack each other on sight - watching a fight is a positive social activity! Repeated poking, shoving, etc., that doesn't rise to a fight will drag the score down because they are negative socials. A party must be a Disaster or Dud to generate a negative memory; even a final Not Bad score will generate a positive memory. I once mistimed a party so that the host, who lived alone, left for work in the middle; the guests carried on without him and he got the memory of a roof raiser.

Scored outings are tougher because you can't see the wants panels of the inactive sims, but working to make friends with the sim who called the outing will at least prevent tanking. I don't call scored outings, but always accept them when phoned in, and I do them "just for fun" quite a bit. They're a good way to cultivate circles of friends, and if you take them home, or have a home outing, the outing's members will hang around until their motives crash regardless of what the host does, which is useful as heck. I like to call home outings for pregnant ladies, set out some food, influence guests to do chores and play with toddlers, and let the pregnant lady waddle off to bed. They're also good for getting fun up after school, simulating college tours or business meetings, connecting relatives, matchmaking, creating school cliques, playing a musical group, introducing the family to a prospective significant other, "hiring" teens to do yardwork, and just generally having a good time. I've had one disaster outing in my ten years of play, and that wasn't my fault but involved a caught-cheating event. Even outings called by a Romance sim who shows up with all his lovers and winds up getting slapped by them all can be salvaged by monopolizing the poor idiot. The first time that ever happened to me, all the angry girlfriends did their conga of slapping and then ran off to commiserate with each other in hot tubs, sing karaoke, dance, and enjoy each other's company.

I understand not wanting to be graded, especially if you're someone who feels a lot of pressure from being judged in real life; but once you understand the mechanics, the pressure should be greatly reduced, and in "just for fun" outings can be done away with altogether. It's not inconceivable that real-life anxiety about such situations could be addressed by judicious use of dates, parties, and scored outings in the game, where the stakes are low, the circumstances are within your control, and the option to quit without saving is always available. If there's no serious real life emotional issues, it seems a shame to miss out on the fun to avoid all possibility of what is generally, in the end, a very minor failure.

Great outings and dates often generate rewards in the form of presents left on the doorstep, and one of the later EPs introduced a feature which occasionally grants random skill points to the active sim of an outing or date, so there's also a strategic reason to do them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9886 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I generally don't throw parties or go on dates/outings. I prefer not to be graded and then fulfill a fear or bad memory.

If I throw a 'party' I tend not to use the game's party mechanics. I just invite people over and have food and music etc. I don't like the timer on parties and that everyone rushes home afterwards. The same with a date, although I will do the timed ones if a sim rolls a want (I rarely see party wants).
Field Researcher
#9887 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 12:19 PM
I hate timers in general.
Top Secret Researcher
#9888 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 1:56 PM
I like the party mechanic. It makes it a little mini game, and everyone goes home automatically so that the lot is less crowded afterwards. But my sims get party wants all of the time.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Scholar
#9889 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 3:50 PM
I like parties too. I use them for everything. Even a funeral can be a roof raiser. My playable Sim usually has an ulterior motive for having a party, like they want to get to know someone but need some cover for doing so, or they want to see an ex but not be too obvious about it. Or maybe they are running for office and have to schmooze all the town bigwigs. Teens frequently have parties while parents are at work or if they are away. I also like my more laid-back Sims to have a lot of parties because they just like to have their friends over to eat pizza and use the bubble blower or sit in the hot tub all night, as one does. I like it when their late-night parties cause them to sleep in and miss work. It adds some variety and means not everyone is perfect.

I don't mind bad parties, outings, or dates. Sometimes you just don't have chemistry. Sometimes things going wrong is good for storytelling. My favorite bad date was when Telegonus Beaker asked Ursula Curious out so he could propose to her. It was at dream date status when he started proposing, but even during the cut scene you could see Aldric Davis watching them. Right after the proposal, Aldric laid a big smooch on Ursula, causing Telegonus to get angry and break off the engagement before it had even hardly begun. He got a flaming bag of poo for that one, but I thought it was great drama.
Mad Poster
#9890 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 4:37 PM
Probably because of the hacks I have that allow reasonable numbers of invitees, I very often have sims who don't manage to go home after the party. Sometimes this is character perfect: obviously Ripp didn't leave the Smith house because home sucks. Lola clearly stayed to help Jenny and PT clean up. (Really, they couldn't get out the gate bottleneck, most likely, and the leave lot action dropped from their queue.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#9891 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 6:01 PM
I think the only time I get disaster parties are the times when it's a birthday party, and the sim accidentally ages up without blowing out the candles first. As long as you have food and entertainment, you should have at least a great party with very little effort. Pescado's antipeeobsession mod, where visitors show up with green bladder bars instead of half-full, also puts a stop to the bathroom crowds at parties.
#9892 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 1:13 AM
Where do you think Pleasantview takes place?

My whole life I've lived on the east coast of the US and been to every state on the coast. Otherwise I've only traveled to the west coast and Canada. I always thought of Pleasantview being in a place like my hometown because that's what I knew best and they're similar enough. This past week I went on my bday vacation trip with my bf to Kentucky (we went camping, so social distancing was maintained ) and I noticed a lot more similarities between Pleasantview and the area we were in. Especially with the trailer home area of Pleasantview, the Red had so many of those. It also had more lakes and mountains, much more like the Pleasantview terrain than where I'm from. I'd be interested to know what inspired the creators for Pleasantview, or if it was a just a random town.
Mad Poster
#9893 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 4:47 AM
Housemix station... but where's the house music?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#9894 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 6:28 AM
I wonder if a Renaissance Faire would actually work as a community lot... like, whether it'd be possible to strike the right balance between the techniques I use if I'm going for ACTUALLY medieval, and the techniques I'd use for faux-medieval-but-really-you-drove-here-in-a-minivan-and-bought-your-mug-of-ale-with-a-credit-card medieval. It could be a fun community lot if it worked though... a good opportunity to play around with some of the more fantastical elements of the game, even for people who try to play a 'realistic' world!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#9895 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 12:52 PM
^ I have never seen a sim pay with a credit card.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9896 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Housemix station... but where's the house music?

It's one of the "radio stations" available on the DJ booths. I don't think this station is available on normal stereos.
Link Ninja
#9897 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 7:37 PM
My close friend is having some rough times with her boyfriend and this morning I got a text saying he kicked over her trashcan. My first thought was "I can't believe people actually do that when they get mad, I thought it was just a sims thing!"

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#9898 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Where do you think Pleasantview takes place?

My whole life I've lived on the east coast of the US and been to every state on the coast. Otherwise I've only traveled to the west coast and Canada. I always thought of Pleasantview being in a place like my hometown because that's what I knew best and they're similar enough. This past week I went on my bday vacation trip with my bf to Kentucky (we went camping, so social distancing was maintained ) and I noticed a lot more similarities between Pleasantview and the area we were in. Especially with the trailer home area of Pleasantview, the Red had so many of those. It also had more lakes and mountains, much more like the Pleasantview terrain than where I'm from. I'd be interested to know what inspired the creators for Pleasantview, or if it was a just a random town.

I am convinced it's a mash-up of a couple Southern California suburbs. Like you have the big, fancy old house that looks like it should come from the east coast that has a widow's walk and all, clearly built by one of the railroad barons or silent films millionaires, back in the day. You've got the cute little stucco houses with the palm trees that (if the windows opened) actually work in the climate. You've got weird random non-climate suited houses from everywhere that people came from and put up what looked like home to them that really doesn't work . . . an old trailer park where people put the trailers on foundations and have sorta fixed them up a bit . . . (heck, if my town in Idaho were green, it could almost be here. We've got a couple little stucco houses that look like they probably leak like sieves during snow-melt, a general hodgepodge of catalog houses, a few people had more money than climate sense houses . . . but you'd have to put us on the dirt or desert terrain, and palms would freeze.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9899 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It's one of the "radio stations" available on the DJ booths. I don't think this station is available on normal stereos.

No I mean where's the house music? It plays pop music for the euro releases and just the Junkie XL theme remix for north america users. There is no house music and no mix of it on this station. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth as a wasted potential station. I always wanted some banger '90s tunes.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#9900 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
You've got the cute little stucco houses with the palm trees that (if the windows opened) actually work in the climate.

You want the windows to open?
https://modthesims.info/d/215766/an...1-jan-2009.html
Page 396 of 516