Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 4:13 AM
Default My friend's computer specs.
So my friend bought a new laptop, in hope of being able to play Minecraft and TS4...(I'll try tempting him with TS2, if I can..lol)
Anyway, he is experiencing lag, and slowlinesses, and no games are yet installed. So I am wondering what you guys think about the specs he now has.
I was not with him when he bought it, but apparently his bro is a computer savvy and told him.."You'll be fine with this"...*I* am not so sure. Please, could you give your opinion ?.
Thank you

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 12:24 PM
If he's having slowness without even playing games, then the specs aren't the issue. It's an HP, so chances are it's chock full of bloatware - the first thing he should do is go through and uninstall any preloaded stuff that he doesn't need. He should also make sure he's running a good antivirus, not something like Norton or McAfee which will suck up system resources without doing anything useful.

I would also seriously consider contacting the vendor about this. If you buy a new laptop, it should run smoothly. If it's not running smoothly, then it has been configured wrong - and especially if he's not much of a techie himself, he's probably better off getting a refund or replacement, rather than trying to battle through the issues himself.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:39 PM
Thank you Nysha, I just read it to him.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)