Replies: 96 (Who?), Viewed: 7428 times.
Page 4 of 4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#76 Old 30th May 2021 at 11:44 PM
Since I haven't had anything nice to say about pretty much anything all day...

I'm proud of The Boy. He does know this, but I felt compelled to post about something positive.

He has been a huge help around the house and yard. He didn't bat a eyelash this afternoon after I made the decision that the hostas in the front garden were no longer going to be deer food. I asked The Boy for help and he did exactly what I asked him to do. Moving hosta that are several years old is not easy. Doing so in the pouring rain, wind and what is now mud from 4 days worth of rain makes the task that much more less pleasant.

All of the big hostas are moved. They're not planted in their new spots, but since we have at least another 12-plus hours of rain coming, I'm not worried. All of their root balls are not going to dry out. If I find all the small hosta that I've planted recently being gnawed on, I'll move those. It will be easy as their small and they've only been in the ground for about a month in some cases.

Shower time. I'm soaked and covered in mud.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 1:16 PM
Not going to lie, it feels a little hellish outside and it's not even 8:30 AM yet, but I got all the outdoor and indoor plants watered. It was nice, there was very little noise. No talking heads on YouTube, nobody talking to me in person, road noise, ect... Outside the only thing I had to listen to was sassy chipmunks. I have no idea what they all pissed off about, but by the time I finished watering, they finished making their noise.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 10:33 PM
While I was putting things back from washing the floor downstairs, the phone rang. The free plants I was waiting to hear about are mine. From what I've been told, there are hosta that are 4-5 wide sitting the middle of the field that they will be plucked from this weekend.

I don't think these new editions will completely fill the new hosta garden, but they should take up a big chunk of 'real estate' in that area. Considering the amount of abuse these plants have taken over the past few years, they should settle in relatively quick once we get them in the ground in our backyard.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 12:20 AM
Downloaded from the eShops a song I heard about from the official FB fansite from one of my favorite artists

(Only main reason I'm on FB is I'm in charge of contact with my family. Especially during this time when viruses are running rampant.)

Saw the accompanying music video.

Just jamming and saw Bambi II (working title: Bambi and the Great Forest Prince) which was decently put-together compared to direct to home videos made prior to it and the Great Forest Prince was voiced by none other than Sir Patrick Stewart! How cool he participated in it?

...and Flower was voiced by Nicky Jones, who played the eponymous role of Chowder in the 2007 cartoon.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#80 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 7:39 PM
Read an article that in spite of the surge of subscriptions for streaming services, DVD and Blu-Ray Disc are still being bought and still thriving. Just as there are vinyl junkies for audio, DVD and Blu-Ray Disc for video are still apparent. I, myself, am a woman with silver platters aplenty.

There's something about tangibility that electrifies my body, when I get something new in the mail.

BTW, for you Seinfeld fans, the series leaves in July from Hulu.

Scholar
#81 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 9:18 PM
Got rained on while I was outside
Its the first time in months that I've seen any rain cos the weather was stupid.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa1500
Got rained on while I was outside
Its the first time in months that I've seen any rain cos the weather was stupid.

I know, it's actually nice for once to hear the rain as I sleep. Sometimes, there are thunder bumpers and it disrupts my sleep. But after they pass by, I go back to sleep.

I also lost 3.2 pounds in the past 2 weeks, after getting back on track with my diet. I am now very much aware of what goes in the digestive system.

We are currently thinking of making our own flavored seltzer with canned 12 fl oz (355 ml) seltzer and natural food-grade essences, oils and flavors. With about 8 billion people on Earth, there's probably like-minded people in the food business who've done this before.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 6:12 PM
applauds

Bravo, Amazon! You figured out how to ship and deliver a pack of sharpie markers and a box of Timothy hay. I've dealt with my share of irritating companies, but you've been number one on my shit list for awhile now. The good thing about all of this is whatever little shopping bug I had, you've effectively squashed it. I don't even like window shopping at this point, so good on you for that as well.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 8:59 PM
Broke my Fitbit step count daily record around 3:00PM.

Bought some things like toothpaste for 98¢ (same stuff sold at the dollar store), a doll for my collection and a 20oz ginger ale.

I eventually dug the coin out of my wallet's pouch and it added up to $1.53.

I went grocery shopping and a WalMart run. Also worked in the kitchen this morning and this afternoon.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 12:13 PM
Despite how miserable it has been in terms of heat the past few days, all of the forsythia plants including the small ones we dug up and moved are sprouting new growth. I'll take progress however I can get it at this point; even if is just a couple of leaves at a time.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 1:05 AM
I got to dine in the lobby of the recently renovated Taco Bell. That's one thing off my Post vaccine\pandemic bucket list (therapist said to list all the things you want to do when the pandemic dies down or you get your vaccine and it's fully in the system.)

Fast food is a cheap simple pleasure, but I'll admit it's my soul food of choice that one would be devastated if it were gone. My father's is chocolate and my mother's is ice cream.

I broke my Fitbit step record after breaking it twice two consecutive days in a row. Today is day 3 and my total is:

Stats for 6/29/2021
6,365 steps
2.63 miles walked
2,503 calories burned

I would take a walk, but the bridge to Main Street is undergoing structural engineering and will be out for the rest of the summer. It's the only safe exit from my house, so it being out makes it extremely hard to get my steps in for the day. But right now, I have to enjoy the little victories and enjoy the days as they come.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#87 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 6:03 PM
The fence person was here this morning. Due to the cost of 'home improvement' materials going up for everything, we changed how we wanted to do things, but it will still look good in the end. It will certainly be a huge improvement from what we have now.

What got me about the whole thing is they wanted us to make payments on this project; yeah, no. I have zero interest in making payments on a new fence for the next 2 years even if there is no interest on said payments. If we were to go that way and didn't pay it off, the interest on said payments would be in the 40% range. It is easier and considerably less painful to live on the cheap and pay for the the whole thing with cash. The person looked at me weird when I told him that we don't do payment plans except for the mortgage. It is a strange world to live in when paying for things versus making payments on something is considered odd or out of the ordinary.

Other than that, I'm waiting for the email telling me that the plants and trees are in. I'm also waiting for the muggy nonsense that is happening outside to go away. The temp dropped from the thunderstorms we had last night which is good, but it's still sticky. I spent a half hour pulling weeds from the big hosta garden. One would have thought I spent my time running laps around the house instead with all of the sweat. Pretty gross, but the garden is clear from weeds, ferns and the poison ivy that was trying to hide.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 2:31 AM
Went shopping and have my work cut out for me.

However, I am cutting out streaming as it is too expensive for a optical disc addict.

I'm rather a "1 & Done" type.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#89 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 12:33 PM
No, Amazon. I will not 'update my payment information' thankyouverymuch. I won't say that I'll never order from you again because I know at some point I will, but for now, I don't need your help with anything.

I'm much happier these days living by the rule of "Don't call me, I'll call you" when it comes to you and your company. You don't need my payment information for anything.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 6:56 PM
Stepped on the scale and I now weigh 297.8 lbs. I'm making progress so far after a backslide.

My relationship with the scale is rather cruel. If it could talk, it would definitely be salty.

(I step on)
Scale: One at a time, please!
(Gets off scale, tries again)
Scale: The truck weigh station is in Philipsburg!
(One more time)
Scale: You're the correct weight for a Megalodon!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#91 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 6:17 PM
We've been outside for the most part since 6:30-ish AM. The dumpster is full; there is no more room except for small twigs. We're at the finish line, just a small corner left to clean up. Mother Nature is like "Tut! Tut! You're making too much progress. Here, have some rain."

Once it clears up, assuming it does so long before dusk, ( the mosquitoes are out in force today for whatever reason} we'll go back out and get more done. In theory, if it wasn't for all the rain breaks we've had since Friday, we should be done already. I'd rather have rain than drought, but it is really annoying to be on a roll and have to keep starting and stopping again. Nobody in this house melts from being out in the rain, but working in downpours and persistent rain doesn't make a already physically demanding job any easier.

I'm going to have more mulch than what I'm going to know what to do with when all is said and done. The chip pile has quadrupled in size or now has about a 1/4 of a 1/4 acre of stuff waiting to be shredded. We even picked up the trash the doofus neighbor behind us so kindly flung over his fence. We left his pile of plastic flower pots though; he can deal with those.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#92 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 11:46 PM
The dumpster is gone. Renting 2 dumpsters and having 1 pick up from 800-GOT-JUNK is enough for this year. The regular trash company will be picking up the rabbit cage on Friday. I couldn't throw it in the dumpster this time around as it was for organic matter only.

The only outside thing I had planned for this year was to get rid of the English Ivy. Start one thing which leads to a whole other can of worms or in this case, many projects. While there are a few things I would have done differently if I had to turn the clock back, but I don't regret doing any of it. It hasn't been always been fun and in some cases, simply exhausting. I now understand why people that do this kind of stuff for a living get paid a lot of money; it's not easy.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 12:32 AM
Finally cleaning up my room after much neglect from the lockdown and the doctor visits and changes in medicines.

If I had an accurate comparison in movie history, it resembled the trash compactor in Star Wars, minus the god-awful smell that blew out a blood vessel on Harrison Ford's face.

The most terrible of the mess was in the Southwest corner near the closet. Got the majority of the mess undone. But I also have to remove the wires from the set up that aren't Nintendo Switch related and send out my XBOX 360 to someone who can fix it as a challenge as it no longer responded to my controller.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 2:11 PM
This didn't really make my day, but sometimes I have to pat myself on the head like a 5 year old when I've done something I'd rather not. That thing in this case would be... clothes shopping. I hate clothes shopping.

I have two jackets to my name. One has a hole in the sleeve and the zipper broke many moons ago. The other doesn't have holes, but the snaps broke almost as long ago as the zipper broke on the other one. They should have been pitched and replaced a long time ago, ( like 8 years ago) but clothes shopping. I'm fine with buying socks and those kinds of things, but other than that, I don't care. I don't go anywhere and won't be any time soon with the way things are going, so I'm good with living out of black t-shirts and sweats.

I still need to buy a winter jacket, but for the time being, I settled for something that is good for spring and fall. I bought it a size bigger than I needed so I can wear a sweatshirt under it and since I bought it from LL Bean, said jacket is also weather proof. This also means I won't have to buy a raincoat like I've been complaining about, for weeks. If I'm going to spend money doing something I'd rather not, I'm going to get as much mutli-function of said clothing when and where I can.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 12:45 AM
Recent storm dislodged a branch into the street...

What am I saying, it was the size of a FUCKING LOG!

The trees on the east of my property are dead and rotten from Dutch elm disease and the like. We can't get rid of them. They're home to birds, squirrels and chipmunks.

Otherwise, I am currently dealing with a recurring dream of buying dolls based on characters I seen in anime and epic cartoons from Canada (6teen, stoked, Total Drama universe), France (Totally Spies, Martin Mystery), and Italy (Winx Club, Angel's Friends, W.I.T.C.H.) to name a few

It's decided, no more fear of commitment. I am going to make those dolls.

Mad Poster
#96 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 8:17 PM
I faced my fear and went swimming!

I know that sounds really dumb. But I can't swim. We all learn in Year 5 (10 years old) for a term and I just never really got the hang of it because we had to stand in alphabetical order and the boy to my left would splash so hard water always got in my face and I'd get upset. I tried learning while on holiday many years ago and did okay while holding on to my friend but just couldn't get the hang of it. Its slowly over time just become a big fear because I always get scared when my daughters around water in case she falls in and I can't rescue her. So I thought maybe instead of letting this become a bigger fear I would tackle it head on.

To be fair, I didn't really go deep enough to actually swim because the pool only went upto 1.5m deep so I could still stand if I needed to, but I made some good progress I think. My daughter really enjoyed it too (took her a bit, I think because I was nervous she got nervous). Hopefully we'll go again in a few weeks.

It turns out I'm scared of changing rooms though, but we had a family changing room so that made it easier I faced 2 fears and only had 1 very mild panic attack.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#97 Old Yesterday at 2:07 PM
Page 4 of 4