Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 6:41 PM Last edited by FREEDOM_55 : 16th Apr 2024 at 9:25 PM.
Mitchel Revised WIP: version 13.1
Hey,
I can't believe it has been so long! I last worked on him in 2013.
If any of you remember, I was working on version 7 here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=478574

Mitchel is certainly one of my most requested sims, however, I did not release him because of my old computer's technical issues and he had technical problems that I was uncomfortable releasing him to other people's games with those issues present. At the time, he certainly was not my best work.
Since starting him in 2013, believe it or not, there are 75 different versions of him in my old saved sims folder. 3 Weeks ago I got to get the old files of my old family PC, and that’s how I remembered him. I started working on him from v 7 onwards and that’s how I got to the changes you see in V13.1 here.
I feel he looks dramatically different than when I left off, and based on the feedback of my old thread if people were attached to how he looked before, it would be unfair of me to upload the new version without your consideration. So this is why I started this new thread

I changed everything. I only kept the scale of his features. His head size, ears, cheeks, jaw width, and jaw shape are untouched.
Changes made from v7 to v12.:

Changes to be made:

*I want to make his eyelids thinner without using eye socket height. I will try giving him slightly half-hooded eyelids using a hooded eyelid slider
*There is a weird texture glitch around his mouth in certain shaded lighting, I will increase his nasal crease in an attempt to fix it
*Pi underlip slider ever so slightly to create a 3d realistic underlip area
* I have yet to finalize choosing a hair. Initially, I wanted him to be rough around the edges, a rockstar with hair that is jaw length and messy but doesn’t over his forehead profile. I will research and get back and poll to narrow it down. Any suggestions are welcome. However, with his new changes he looks moreclean cut and some edger things don't seem suit him as an adult sim.
*Haven’t chosen outfits, final traits, bio etc. Any suggestions welcome
*Chin curve makeup needed, will attach a photo later to show what I mean.

Known issues:
other versions not pictured here , I tried to create accurate rounded flared nostrils but I encountered several issues in game. I have tried everything including nose mask and nose shapers but I cannot make the outer nostril inside unsquared. Will attach a photo later circling the issue.
I tried Sims custom nostril shape sliders but no avail and if I increase the inner nostril slider too much it looks too thick cartilage and the inner nostril will have texture issues. I think this is due to the skin or most skins. I found a 4K photo realistic skin that corrects this but there were other issues that made the skin not suited for him. Will this bother people, any suggestions to fix it?

I spent time to list all the changes I made, so if you want me to reverse them or correct something or try something different, I can easily and quickly reference it and implement the change.

Can you see the changes? Is he improved? What do you think?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Tartan McBadgerface
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 11:27 AM
No complaints here! He looks amazing 💜!
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 10:34 PM
I think the old version looked good, but the new version is gorgeous!