Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 1:48 PM
Default What's your favorite mod for TS3 basegame?
I'm kind of new to MTS and ive found some pretty interesting mods.
My favorites so far are probably Magic skill and making the ingredients for Ambrosia buyable in the market :D
So if you guys could list your favorite mod for TS3 basegame, that would give me some ideas :]
Thanks
ciao. xD
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 2:04 PM
All my scripts are fixes (by ''fixes'' I also mean stuff that EA forgot, not just bugs). Except for the Trasure Box I guess, very useful, wish there would be one for seeds as well... the only one I know of is for storing seeds.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:04 PM
Hmm. My favorite mod for basegame? Well, I rather like Twallan's MasterController and StoryProgression. It makes my sims seem a little less headbashingly stupid.

I also like the sniper mod. 8D
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:41 PM
Twallan's Story Progression and Master Controller are pretty much the best things ever.

The first one makes Sims actually do things (such as actually getting together, getting married, and having babies. It's amazing!) and the second one gives a lot of control. My favorite part of it is the "Stylist" which allows you to click on any Sim in the neighborhood and change their clothes. Also love the "Outfit" where I can make the Sims in the neighborhood change out of their work outfits. It REALLY annoys me that most of the time I see Sims they are in the their work outfits when they aren't at work. =/

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 7:58 PM
all things NRaas (made by twallan) are amazing.some are bigger and more useful than others. i use MasterController, StoryProgression, DebugEnabler, and various smaller mods that i can't think of. oh, yes, and of course NoMosaic and LadyFrontbum's nude skins.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 9:48 PM
I've just discoverd Twallans Master Controller and other mods and I have to say it's the best thing that happened to my game, so much more fun now!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 9:54 PM
Never had heard of those.
They're working great for me.
Keep the list coming!
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 10:17 PM
Awesomemod tbh.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Twallan's Story Progression and Master Controller are pretty much the best things ever.
Pretty much this, yeah. A lot of my mods are "nice to have", but the NRaas Story Progression mod is pretty much essential for me.
Inventor
#10 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 11:41 PM
Like everyone said, Twallan's StoryProgression and MasterController.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 3:56 AM
Awesomemod <3, I also am quite fond of the Master Controller and teh Wohooher by Twallan
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy

The first one makes Sims actually do things (such as actually getting together, getting married, and having babies. It's amazing!) and the second one gives a lot of control. My favorite part of it is the "Stylist" which allows you to click on any Sim in the neighborhood and change their clothes. Also love the "Outfit" where I can make the Sims in the neighborhood change out of their work outfits. It REALLY annoys me that most of the time I see Sims they are in the their work outfits when they aren't at work. =/

Does awesome mod basially do the same things as these two?? Cuz I downloaded Awesomemod but if these two are better I may get them!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM
The No Mosaics mod is a must, I need that for every expansion pack as soon as possible.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 3:49 AM
One of my faves is Buzzler's Carpool Disabler, right here on MTS. I can't imagine playing without it now

Also, right here at MTS, claudiasharon's Faster toilet, shower, and brush teeth mod is super nice too. Makes Sim life much more manageable, and my Sims finally have the time now to potty, shower, and eat breakfast before having to go to work in the morning.
Instructor
#15 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:08 AM
The absolute most favorite mod I use?

Twallan's Overwatch. It doesn't add anything in functionality, that can be done without mods. So why is it my favorite?

It keeps my save games from corrupting themselves, that's why. It makes it possible to play a save game for longer than 8-16 sim weeks. When I installed LN, the save games always corrupted themselves after 16 sim weeks (if I'm lucky). I'm assuming it had something to do with the associated patch level at the time (base game 1.17/LN 6.0.81), not LN itself. After installing Overwatch, that stopped happening. Has the problem been fixed in a later patch level? I don't know, and I don't want to find out. Overwatch makes the game run better and lag less as well. It was the first mod I ever installed.

Tying for a close second place is Twallan's MasterController and Buzzler's Carpool disabler.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by USNCaseySmith
Does awesome mod basially do the same things as these two?? Cuz I downloaded Awesomemod but if these two are better I may get them!

Kind of. Awesomemod does more things in one package, and twallan has the best parts spread of across several mods.

I like Nraas better because the pop-ups on the side of your screen tell you what is going on and are funny, it's way more customizable, and the support is less... Ahem, grating than that at MATY.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:07 PM
Okay, here's a dumb question - where do I find the Twallan/NRaas mods? I've heard great things about them, but have no idea where to look. Used Awesomemod for a while, but, yes, it does get grating after a short while. From an update point of view. Thanks for any heads up you can provide!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 5:10 PM
Field Researcher
#19 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 11:27 PM
My absolutely favorite mod is the Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul mod here at mts, with AwesomeMod being second, and most of Twallen's stuff being a close third.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
The absolute most favorite mod I use?

Twallan's Overwatch. It doesn't add anything in functionality, that can be done without mods. So why is it my favorite?

It keeps my save games from corrupting themselves, that's why. It makes it possible to play a save game for longer than 8-16 sim weeks. When I installed LN, the save games always corrupted themselves after 16 sim weeks (if I'm lucky). I'm assuming it had something to do with the associated patch level at the time (base game 1.17/LN 6.0.81), not LN itself. After installing Overwatch, that stopped happening. Has the problem been fixed in a later patch level? I don't know, and I don't want to find out. Overwatch makes the game run better and lag less as well. It was the first mod I ever installed.

Tying for a close second place is Twallan's MasterController and Buzzler's Carpool disabler.

Not doubting your judgement, but I just wonder how TS3 plays on console? They can't get mods there, would saved games keep corrupting on them?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Not doubting your judgement, but I just wonder how TS3 plays on console? They can't get mods there, would saved games keep corrupting on them?

Nah, they jsut make sure they get those kinds of bugs out on console so they can sell. After all you cant really patch console games, well they can but not for people without internet.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
Kind of. Awesomemod does more things in one package, and twallan has the best parts spread of across several mods.

I like Nraas better because the pop-ups on the side of your screen tell you what is going on and are funny, it's way more customizable, and the support is less... Ahem, grating than that at MATY.

So then out of all of the NRAAS mods which ones are the essential ones?? I have mastercontroller and woohooer and story progression (Right now I've only got woohooer enabled because I have awesome mod up) I think I might give Twallans mods a spin then!
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 1:10 AM
So then out of all of the NRAAS mods which ones are the essential ones?? I have mastercontroller and woohooer and story progression (Right now I've only got woohooer enabled because I have awesome mod up) I think I might give Twallans mods a spin then!

Error Trapper is a must have out of Twallan's arsenal. It offers no menu, but it is a background cleaner that keeps bugs creeping up on you. Extremely important.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 2:13 AM
The no intro mod. There is nothing that is more important to me than that mod. It's the first one I put in whenever I have to install or re-do my mods folders. I hate having to have that intro load and be unable to click until the movie comes up. I also love the no tantrum in case of routing failure mod. It saves me so much time when something happens to a command I tell my Sim to do that involves them moving.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Instructor
#25 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922

Given the sort of track record I've seen, there's no way I would play TS3 for a console. The insufficient QA/Beta testing is the most important reason.

< off topic >
Other reasons include the inability to install other mods (not sure how CC would work, if it even does), the lack of EPs, and the object limiter. The object limiter is an arbitrary limitation of how many objects may be placed on a lot (go over the limit, and that object will go into flames through spontaneous combustion). It doesn't exist in the PC or Mac versions, but it does in the console, I-Phone, etc. versions. The reason is because of limited RAM on such devices.
</off topic >

Would those save games ultimately become corrupted? I have no idea. Never played any version aside from the PC version.

I consider Overwatch to be absolutely essential. Then again, I don't have AwesomeMod installed, and it may already contain that functionality (clean up parked cars used by NPCs, recover missing sims, recover toddlers, remove homeless (and possibly stuck) sims, etc.).

MasterController isn't essential to just play, but it really is nice for things such as changing the appearance of non-active (NPC) sims, setting family relationships, setting life-states (only if you have the right EPs), setting careers for any sim (not just the active ones), etc.
Page 1 of 2