Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#676 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:20 PM
So... a "move" themed stuff pack with a bunch of random tables, chairs, and cas assets... oh yeah, and a movie screen... I can already pretend to have a movie theater in the game if I really wanted to so...I wish they'd stop piecemealing out objects in these stuff packs and just pick and theme and really go for it in expansions. Yeah, I guess you can pick and choose what you want, but it seems this way you'll wind up paying way more. For example, all this stuff could have been included in get together, it would have fit that... incredibly broad theme and given sims more new stuff to actually DO together.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#677 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:24 PM
Unless it's a drive-in, I don't believe any kind of theater could be added without EA looking like buffoons for selling people two version of something they didn't need two version of something for.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#678 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Unless it's a drive-in, I don't believe any kind of theater could be added without EA looking like buffoons for selling people two version of something they didn't need two version of something for.

It's not like they haven't done it before. Late Night and Showtime :/

The Receptacle still lives!
One Minute Ninja'd
#679 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 11:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

And let's not forget the Store's premium TS3 Cinema set, which did give you a larger screen, but played exactly the same videos as a regular TV. They even had some excuse like "your sims will enjoy their favorite shows on an even larger screen", or some bullshit like that. At least here they seem to provide some new video clips, even if that first video trailer they showed looked awfully much like Roaring Heights from TS3.
Inventor
#680 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 11:31 PM
At least we now know where those two leaked hairs are from now.

Check out my Simblr
Theorist
#681 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
At least we now know where those two leaked hairs are from now.

Were those in the trailer?

Still over here awaiting GP3.
Forum Resident
#682 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 11:54 PM
that pop corn texture screams for a default replacement..

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Inventor
#683 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Were those in the trailer?

Still over here awaiting GP3.

The male hair I'm 99% sure of the female hair not so much because of the angle of the pic but it looks very similar to the one in the trailer.

Also who wants a beach vacation game pack?

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#684 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 12:18 AM

The packs were similar in theme, but the content wasn't just a mechanical rehash. There was also the issue of two apartment systems, but each had different purposes and goals. To a lesser degree, the two could be used in tandem, but it quickly becomes a nightmare.

Also who wants a beach vacation game pack?

I'm waiting for it. It'll probably be the return of lounge chairs as well. It will likely have a hotel lot (which will pave the way for apartments). Since they removed spa equipment and put that in a separate pack, the only really addition I could see them doing is running a resort.

Also, lounge chairs.

Inventor
#685 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 1:57 AM
Some answered twitter questions. Spoiler Watching movies will be a new club activity and doesn't count as watching TV.

http://simscommunity.info/2016/01/0...witter-tidbits/

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#686 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 2:15 AM
Well, I'm give 'em this. They had family oriented play styles in mind when they made this....just a shame that it doesn't seem to be any different from sitting your family down to watch TV like you can already do :/

Instructor
#687 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943
that pop corn texture screams for a default replacement..

At least there is a new "eating popcorn" animation...in TS3 popcorn were served in bowls by bartenders and sims would eat it w/a fork if my memory isn't failing. Maybe that's why they say "new gameplay" while referring to it, Idk.
I still don't get it why a bohemian set is connected to a movie hangout...but, I've seen a "Newcrest mall" in the gallery(adorable lot btw, reminds me of dead rising malls) with 2 cinema screens on it(tv w/size cheat), doesn't look that bad, no tickets obviously or custom movies.
Had the ts3 store set w/ticket booth a satisfying gameplay? I saw once a review on youtube and it seemed so "empty" nobody really joining the audience or buying tickets, etc...quite lifeless if you ask me. (I'm not saying this to make a excuse for EA, just genuinely asking if it ever worked as intended. Obviously if it didn't they should try to improve and not dumb down or give up)

When I read the announcement on Twitter I thought we were getting a ts3 store set remake(in my language they changed the title to Movies Night), only when I came here I saw what it really was.

TS4 weird stories, weirder content. I think the build/buy mode might get more appealing when people make some recolors, most of colors I saw are too strong, vibrant, not really my thing.

When we say Late Night and Showtime crossed the same subject, I guess we mean bands and singer career, and how we could never have a band w/a vocalist. That's why I never bought this EP.
I wonder if in TS4 we'll get more songs for our sims to sing eventually since it seems to exist categories for what type of songs they sing, as of now we just got the campfire songs, perhaps they will expand. I think they should also expand the dancing skill as well if they ever release indian, russian sets, etc. I think it could be entertaining. Does anyone want the classic/romantic dancing back and maybe tango?(I mean, matching sets of CAS and build/buy mode plus the dancing)

Let's just agree to disagree.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#688 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 2:34 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 7th Jan 2016 at 12:02 PM.
So, the pack isn't about a home theater, but there's a home theater television set - where are we supposed to put that over sized television set. It's about inviting people over to watch movies, but there isn't any kind of movie party? We all know Sims like to wander over to the pool or grill or whatever. I'm assuming they chose "Boho" because it's about relaxing with friends and comfort, but that still has nothing to do with movies or hangout out. Bohemian, from what I can tell, it about nature and expression, so it seems more in line with the arts or gardening (as it has in EVERY pack that features bohemian content) - so, this is something I'd expect in a pack about hobbies and crafts, not relaxing and watching a movie with friends. I'd expect casual clothing, pajamas, movie-themed shirts, and very homely, lower-to-middle class living room/home theater furnishings, not a boho dining room. *confused*

Lastly, movies can be watched on the television, and the movie screen can be used to watch TV. The screen even does the "Telesplosion" from Get Together. Why am I now cynically thinking it's just a normal TV with some FX attached, and the only reason they threw in that extra line about it not being a TV was because they thought we'd figure it out and try to divert attention away from it?

Overall, I'm not sold. Still waiting on that pack that'll make me drop everything and buy TS4. Spa Day almost did. Almost.

Forum Resident
#689 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 4:38 AM

Gameplay:
-When eating popcorn, Sims will jump and popcorn will fly everywhere.

That's some exciting gameplay right there!
Mad Poster
#690 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 4:43 AM
Yeah that's not really a gameplay feature as much as it is...a new animation :P

Inventor
#691 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 6:26 AM
I'm optimistic and think they'll give us proper theaters in some distant pack and I already have the perfect place for the projector, the park. Why the park because this means that I can have a movie night at the park, Magnolia Blossom Park is pretty boring as it is.and this seems like the perfect item to liven it up.

Check out my Simblr
Instructor
#692 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 7:23 AM
I'm optimistic and think they'll give us proper theaters in some distant pack

The real problem is getting Sims to actually sit down and watch the thing, another issue is lot limits were theaters end up having ... 20 people.

Quote:
and I already have the perfect place for the projector, the park. Why the park because this means that I can have a movie night at the park, Magnolia Blossom Park is pretty boring as it is.and this seems like the perfect item to liven it up.

Yes, there is a outdoors version that certainly helps ...I think people continue to miss the point of Stuff Packs, these arent expansions and will never offer the type of mechanics from Expansion Packs, they are "cheap" stuff packs you can ignore, even EA doesnt really makes much of a campaign about then since its what? a week from release?

If you want to ignore them, fine ... I ignored 3 of then, they arent expansions but mini-DLC were it might suck if you really just want popcorn but still its not as if this provides a framework for other expansion packs, it more fair to compare this to the other DLC were even the so called "over sized TV" is being listed as a gameplay object, meaning it might have additional functions as well a popcorn machine, now compare it with Cool Kitchen offerings.

This is just $9.99 DLC that yes, its not really much but then its something that should not have a impact on your game, compared with the previous DLC at least we seem to be getting 2 gameplay objects.
Inventor
#693 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
The real problem is getting Sims to actually sit down and watch the thing, another issue is lot limits were theaters end up having ... 20 people.

Well on Grahams Tweets he says that watching each movie has it's own unique interaction and that once they watch it they'll stay there till that movie ends. He also says that there will be an interaction to watch movies in groups. Plus with each movie having a run time of 1 1/2mins they won't stay seated for long anyway.

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#694 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 11:59 AM
We got two gameplay object in every stuff pack except Perfect Patio. Cool Kitchen just patched in a dishwasher - let's face it, if they didn't, all shades of hell would have broken loose.

Forum Resident
#695 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron

Yes, there is a outdoors version that certainly helps ...I think people continue to miss the point of Stuff Packs, these arent expansions and will never offer the type of mechanics from Expansion Packs, they are "cheap" stuff packs you can ignore, even EA doesnt really makes much of a campaign about then since its what? a week from release?

If you want to ignore them, fine ... I ignored 3 of then, they arent expansions but mini-DLC were it might suck if you really just want popcorn but still its not as if this provides a framework for other expansion packs, it more fair to compare this to the other DLC were even the so called "over sized TV" is being listed as a gameplay object, meaning it might have additional functions as well a popcorn machine, now compare it with Cool Kitchen offerings.

This is just $9.99 DLC that yes, its not really much but then its something that should not have a impact on your game, compared with the previous DLC at least we seem to be getting 2 gameplay objects.

Yes, this I agree so much with.

SPs are just bonus fluff content, nothing more, nothing less. They aren't supposed to add major features to your gameplay. Really, i'd compare SPs to the TS3 store.

You get your styled furniture sets, your clothes, your hair, and one or two objects that have just a bit of gameplay with them. They can be entirely ignored.

You are right, EA doesn't even hype them up much. They are like "Hey, we're throwing this thing out there next week." and people will call it a cash grab because it is and there is nothing wrong with that. Companies are in it to make money after all. Nothing major should ever be expected from these packs but just fluff stuff.

I like these packs for the new hair meshes we get because the hair is usually good and what CC people do with them and how they edit them is always good. So that's what I like about these packs.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Instructor
#696 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 9:02 PM
Man, I am already sick of Aztec prints.
Mad Poster
#697 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 11:45 PM
A new stuff pack dropped and this thread is on the second page? That's a first. There really nothing to talk about regarding this one?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#698 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 12:46 AM
Reception overall has been neutral - not terrible, but not special either. Things are only live when reception is negative or positive (more so negative).

Instructor
#699 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 2:22 AM
A new stuff pack dropped and this thread is on the second page? That's a first. There really nothing to talk about regarding this one?

Yep, I thought the silence was quite odd...
I was seeing pictures in the official SP forum and I quite like the new CAS assets(mostly the hairs and some clothes) and people said there are more neutral colors for the build mode items, so far I like more the white/pink pastel but I wished it had more plain colors available for boring simmers like me.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#700 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 3:52 AM
They would have done themselves some much needed favors if they opted for simpler tones and had a pattern as an accent.

I googled bohemian chic - the rooms tend to take on a very earthy feel to them. There are patterns and colors, but they're not incredibly bold or large print. They even feel a bit washed out at times, some almost pastel. Of course, there's a heavy usage of neutrals and browns, because too much orange and purple will burn your retinas. There are muted, (mostly) patternless options available, but you get basic brown, black, and white. They could have gotten away with a ligh brown or a grey color.

Page 28 of 141