Replies: 25980 (Who?), Viewed: 718285 times.
Page 1040 of 1040
Lab Assistant
#25976 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 11:27 PM Last edited by trambling101 : 15th Jan 2021 at 11:39 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
^ You most likely need some kind of emulator to run SimPE, whichever version. I don't think there is a Mac version.
As for which to use? No idea. Not sure if they're backwards compatible, but I think so? I think most would be able to extract the mesh and recolors and any other items.

Not sure if fridges have extra functions between BG and BV, but it's possible - if not, you could try making it BG compatible (but I can't guarantee anything, and it could depend whether the fridge was cloned from a BG item or not) - https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...tible_Checklist.

If you have to remake it, making it compatible with your current game should be fine.

Yeah I can run it on Parallels on Windows Vista 7, I figured out how to run HoodChecker for the first time earlier this week (and I've played TS2 on Mac for ages ). Good thing I've finally learnt how to remove all that pesky corruption of non-existent Sims befriending themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMposiast
Fridges picked up Make Meal and Make Many in OFB, then Get/Store Leftovers in Seasons, so Trambling would probably want to account for those functions.

Those are the functions I'm looking for. So there's probably a tutorial on here that I can follow right? Based on this thread which version of SimPE should I download? Do I get the 0.73 version or..... ?

Also, is there any tool that exists that can tell me if something I downloaded is broken or that I don't have the right EP installed?

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#25977 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 11:45 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Jan 2021 at 11:59 PM.
I think with 0.73 it picks up whichever games you have installed - at least for Windows - so if you were on a Windows computer I think the 0.73 version would be the one you'd want, but I don't have a clue how or if it would work with a Mac. Would most likely be issues with the game paths, and probably with the program itself, too. You'll probably want to look up some how-tos (if there are any). Only did a couple quick searches, but this is the only result on SimPE with Mac I got so far: https://modthesims.info/t/520348 - not sure if there's anything newer.

I guess it would work if you run it with a full Windows emulator, because I think it may need some of the Windows framework to run, but I think you'd have to install the game there, too (most likely the Windows version of the game?) - I doubt SimPE would be particularly friendly with the Mac version of the game. (If you need help with this, it's probably best to make a Mac help topic over in the Help section).
Lab Assistant
#25978 Old Yesterday at 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
I think with 0.73 it picks up whichever games you have installed - at least for Windows - so if you were on a Windows computer I think the 0.73 version would be the one you'd want, but I don't have a clue how or if it would work with a Mac. Would most likely be issues with the game paths, and probably with the program itself, too. You'll probably want to look up some how-tos (if there are any). Only did a couple quick searches, but this is the only result on SimPE with Mac I got so far: https://modthesims.info/t/520348 - not sure if there's anything newer.

I guess it would work if you run it with a full Windows emulator, because I think it may need some of the Windows framework to run, but I think you'd have to install the game there, too (most likely the Windows version of the game?) - I doubt SimPE would be particularly friendly with the Mac version of the game. (If you need help with this, it's probably best to make a Mac help topic over in the Help section).

I've already figured out how to set up my game path with HoodChecker so that's not a concern. There's also this thread which offered a bunch of help. I established a saved file location of the Mac files which can be read while using Windows (which was kind of tricky to figure out) so I'd assume that would be the same while operating SimPE?

Do you think that I should make a guide on how I set it up on my up-to-date (Big Sur) Mac?

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#25979 Old Today at 1:45 AM
Have a new Uni hood (I didn't make it); Secret Society isn't working, I added one - if it DID actually have one, will the 2nd one cause a problem? Will no-dormie-regen cause them to not populate?

Namaste... or "go"
Lab Assistant
#25980 Old Today at 2:59 AM Last edited by trambling101 : Today at 5:15 AM.
Sorry to spam here, I actually am having a similar issue as @grammapat above but I posted my questions with University over here. I have nodormieregen installed and I'm almost certain that extra dormies have still been generated in my uni hood? Would clearing my accessories.cache fix this? I also noticed that the Garden Club member and Matchmaker have never shown up on any of my new family's lots, except for the first Test family that I created and I'm pretty sure that I don't have any mods stopping their visit.

Edit: I think nodormieregen is actually working, nvm, I'm just paranoid.. still wondering about the visitors though

Also @grammapat the Pescado mod preventing SS members spawning is nossrespawn, do you have that installed?

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#25981 Old Today at 7:36 AM
The original Visitor Controller stops Garden Club and gypsy appearing by default, also Ms.C. is banned. There is new version by Midgethetree where they are allowed and you need ban them.
Page 1040 of 1040