Replies: 8546 (Who?), Viewed: 416954 times.
Page 342 of 342
Field Researcher
#8526 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 12:32 PM
The cowplant won't eat other playables. You'd have to move him in and then tell him to get the cake.

There are some townies it won't eat either. I think they are the townies in the garden club and from vacation. I wanted my cowplant to eat Amber Dawn, who comes home with teens sometimes but I think is from vacation; to do so, I had to move her in with Olive and then age her to an adult and tell her to grab the cake.
Mad Poster
#8527 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 4:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
The cowplant won't eat other playables. You'd have to move him in and then tell him to get the cake.

There are some townies it won't eat either. I think they are the townies in the garden club and from vacation. I wanted my cowplant to eat Amber Dawn, who comes home with teens sometimes but I think is from vacation; to do so, I had to move her in with Olive and then age her to an adult and tell her to grab the cake.

Of course the cowplant is not going to eat anyone from the garden club! It's not a good idea when you're still hoping to be selected as 'plant of the year'!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#8528 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 4:18 PM
My garden club person is called Pilar Knickarsoff. She needs to be eaten by the cowplant!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -MORE RADIO-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Scholar
#8529 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 4:57 PM
I've discovared that I can generate townies and dormies in CAS if I'm using Mods to stop those from being generated to fill up empty apartments or dorm rooms.The only catch is that these dornies and townies are playable sims.
Theorist
#8530 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 5:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
I've discovared that I can generate townies and dormies in CAS if I'm using Mods to stop those from being generated to fill up empty apartments or dorm rooms.The only catch is that these dornies and townies are playable sims.

Once you create them in CAS .. use the Blender (or another mod) and turn them into townies/ downtownies.
Scholar
#8531 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 5:33 PM
@Calibrat -The idea os to have them be playable though still be created as random sims to fill out my town and in the case of dormies they'll be played and later add to my town once they graduate or if they dropped out.
Alchemist
#8532 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
I mean, university is already ridiculously easy. You don't actually have to study to pass, you just have to attend two classes and you're done.

It is true only for autumn semesters. For other semesters they need to do more study.
Top Secret Researcher
#8533 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 4:51 AM
Quote:

The cowplant won't eat visiting playables, vacation locals, tourists, and hobby mavens, and now that you mention it, probably also the garden club. Visiting playables could be eaten until Seasons, when they were made ineligible for some reason, and I think they just forgot to update the function for BV to let it eat the BV townies. I'm not sure if letting it eat the garden club sims or the hobby mavens is a problem - I would imagine not, but they definitely did update the function for Seasons so I'm not sure why they left out the garden club in that case. I've made a hacklet to let the cowplant eat visiting playables and vacation townies, I'll probably release it at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaminna
It is true only for autumn semesters. For other semesters they need to do more study.

My uni hood is set to spring-spring-summer-winter, there is no fall season there. Basically all sims can pass just by going to two classes.
Field Researcher
#8534 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 5:14 AM
Quote:

The cowplant won't eat permaplat sims either. In my game, Permaplats are death immune from anything for some strange reason. but they will die of natural aging.
Top Secret Researcher
#8535 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 6:21 AM
There is nothing in the code indicating the permaplat sims can't die or be eaten by the cowplant because they are permaplat. But since the only sims who are going to be permaplat are playables, most of them won't be able to die because they're not a resident of the current house.
Theorist
#8536 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 8:31 PM
I discover that I can enter a household with my Downloads folder in my game.
I can't enter said household without my Downloads folder. I get "The application has crashed, The Sims 2 will now terminate".
I really don't get why. Testing with small part of my DL folder leads to the same issue.
Instructor
#8537 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 9:06 PM
I discovered a little life hack of sorts when it comes to wants. Basically, if you want a sim to roll some power wants, you can make note of their aspiration level, cheat it down to red and reroll their wants in some way. They seem to roll wants like maxing a skill or getting married when they have low aspiration, at least that's what I noticed from the artificial aspiration failiures I gave to some sims after a loved one died and they would stay in platinum just because they didn't fear it at the moment.
Mad Poster
#8538 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
There is nothing in the code indicating the permaplat sims can't die or be eaten by the cowplant because they are permaplat. But since the only sims who are going to be permaplat are playables, most of them won't be able to die because they're not a resident of the current house.

If you want townies to be capable of reaching platinum status, you can use Squinge's "Display Aspiration Score Change". This mod keeps the game from locking the aspiration of townies and NPCs to always be at
green level.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7049.0.html
Top Secret Researcher
#8539 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 1:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
I discovered a little life hack of sorts when it comes to wants. Basically, if you want a sim to roll some power wants, you can make note of their aspiration level, cheat it down to red and reroll their wants in some way. They seem to roll wants like maxing a skill or getting married when they have low aspiration, at least that's what I noticed from the artificial aspiration failiures I gave to some sims after a loved one died and they would stay in platinum just because they didn't fear it at the moment.

Sims regularly roll wants to max skills if they satisfy a want to reach level 9, especially if they are knowledge sims, and they'll roll wants to get married when they satisfy a want to get engaged, especially if they're family sims, sometimes it helps to send them on a date, too. The wants sims roll when they're in red aspiration have absolutely nothing to do with wants that they've satisfied earlier, they roll completely random wants that take ages to satisfy.
Instructor
#8540 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 10:51 AM
Quote:
Sims regularly roll wants to max skills if they satisfy a want to reach level 9, especially if they are knowledge sims, and they'll roll wants to get married when they satisfy a want to get engaged, especially if they're family sims, sometimes it helps to send them on a date, too. The wants sims roll when they're in red aspiration have absolutely nothing to do with wants that they've satisfied earlier, they roll completely random wants that take ages to satisfy.

Yeah I know that, but I found that sometimes it's a pain to even get them to roll those pre-requisite wants too, especially when they're already level 9 of that skill or something
Alchemist
#8541 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 5:39 PM
When all playables in neighborhood have prisoner tokens in inventory Look Through with telescope doesn't show any thought bubbles.
Mad Poster
#8542 Old Yesterday at 10:43 AM
I'm sure that this has been mentioned, but I get a kick out of the pets watching TV. Fluffy, the resident cat of Tinsel Town, loves to watch it, and usually those movies featuring cats. I know there is one, and I just wonder if Fluffy himself was the star? Looks suspiciously like it-a black and white Siamese.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Test Subject
#8543 Old Yesterday at 7:33 PM
i literally found out about CAS right click today, i am gonna silently cry. I desperately need a "everything you didn't know" guide
Instructor
#8544 Old Yesterday at 7:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gegsey
i literally found out about CAS right click today, i am gonna silently cry. I desperately need a "everything you didn't know" guide

Did you mean: the prima guide?

It's up online for grabs and apparently it also says more expensive counters let you prepare food faster
Test Subject
#8545 Old Yesterday at 8:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Did you mean: the prima guide?

It's up online for grabs and apparently it also says more expensive counters let you prepare food faster

It is mentioned in it? I should re-read the prima guide to see what I ve missed all these years
Top Secret Researcher
#8546 Old Yesterday at 9:53 PM
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think I discovered that open elevators actually emit elevator music. An elevator got stuck open on an apartment I was playing and I noticed there was some faint music playing in the vicinity of the elevator, and there was nothing else over there that could be emitting it.
Instructor
#8547 Old Yesterday at 10:09 PM Last edited by sugoisama : Yesterday at 11:16 PM.
I decided to see how Sims 2 was localized for Hungarian, since literally no documentation on that seems to exist (and for good reason, Hungarian is straight up not a gaming language), and while I ran into some problems, I did manage to get a nice, long, cringe-filled look at some neighbourhood names.

Belladonna Cove - Bellavára Lagúna (p much the same, donna changed to castle)
Desiderata Valley - Aholjó ("Where it's good")
Riverblossom Hills - Virágvége ("End of the flower") (flower and world sound similar in Hungarian)
Pleasantview - Szépkellemes ("Nice, pleasant)
Strangetown - Odaát ("Over there")
Veronaville - Veronaváros (village changed to city)

The hoods didn't seem too edited, but to be fair Pleasantview and Veronaville somehow got English names and bios, so I couldn't check them, but as far as I could see the only changes were Juliette becoming the Hungarian "Júlia" and the Summerdreams inexplicably becoming "Éjszentiváni" (for the record, the play is "Szentivánéji álom")

Strangetown, though, is translated to the brim and back. The households were changed: Curios to Tudák (from "to know"), Smith to Kovats (the Hungarian equivalent, without the accent for some reason), Beaker to Zseni (genius), Specter to Vudu (guess), and Grunt to Mord (mean), Pascal's first name got a Hungarian spelling, Vidcund became Boldizsár (of the three wise men), and Lazlo kept his name (instead of getting László). There are some differences in bios for some reasons, like Lazlo now liking on-the-phone physics classes, or Road to Nowhere becoming "Never, Nowhere Road" (at least in hood view)

Also, fun fact, the hidden mansion in Riverblossom Hills? The Hungarian address is "Wine Way 111"
Page 342 of 342