Locked thread | Replies: 166 (Who?), Viewed: 320091 times.
Page 2 of 7
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 5:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphy
jonha: If you edit the bones.xml file, you can change the ordering of the bones in the list.


I think a treeview would be optimal, that shows how the game connects the bones. But as I said, this isn't really nessesary.

Quote:
When you say copy paste the same things you mean take one bones values and copy it to a bone in another BONE file completely?


No, I often copy single values. Some sliders actually use nearly the same values for all bones, but I think, this is not really worth creating an additional importer/exporter.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#27 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 6:55 PM
Okay well, I did a listbox instead of a treeview. A treeview might work but I don't store the linkage information in the XML so I'd have to build it from the skcon and I haven't looked at those files much.

I added the Invert 1/x and the Import and Export for single and all bones anyway. Didn't take very long

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 11:38 PM
Sorry for my noob-ness. I installed these sliders, but I can't figure out how to get them working. Do I need something else to get them to work? where are the sliders? I opened up cas and there was just the normal stuff.
IF it's something easy, my apologies, but some help would be cool.
If it's something else I gotta download, just let me know what it is and i'll find it. i just don't get how to get 'em working and i want them, because they look promising.
Sockpuppet
#29 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobglaub
Sorry for my noob-ness. I installed these sliders, but I can't figure out how to get them working. Do I need something else to get them to work? where are the sliders? I opened up cas and there was just the normal stuff.
IF it's something easy, my apologies, but some help would be cool.
If it's something else I gotta download, just let me know what it is and i'll find it. i just don't get how to get 'em working and i want them, because they look promising.


Maybe you should have read the post before downloading

Quote:
The head size slider will appear in the head region, the other sliders will appear in the mouth region until someone manages to create a new region in CAS.
Alchemist
#30 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphy
I don't store the linkage information in the XML so I'd have to build it from the skcon and I haven't looked at those files much.


Alas, the .skcon does not contain the heirarchy, just the global (not parent-relative) pos/rot values. The only place with the heirarchy is the .grannyrig file, which is pretty convoluted. Fortunately, there are only three versions for Sims (auRig, cuRig and puRig) and they all have the same heirarchy.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 1:37 PM
awesome!I wanted this mod so bad!It works fine for me,but when make butt bigger,it became pointed!hope you'll fix this soon!everything else is fantastic!
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erila
It works fine for me,but when make butt bigger,it became pointed!hope you'll fix this soon!


As mentioned before, this is probably only, when you use slider hacks. But anyway, I can't do much about it, because there aren't enough "bones" in the area. For example female breasts have separate bones, so we can adjust them rather freely, but there are no separate bones for the buttocks, so the only option is, to scale the whole pelvis area and move it a bit backwards so the "bulge" at the front doesn't get bigger, too. And unfornuately there is no option, to make it less pointy or more pointy, I can only resize it.

Anyway, I tweaked the values a little, so it will hopefully look better in the release version.
Test Subject
#33 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonha
As mentioned before, this is probably only, when you use slider hacks. But anyway, I can't do much about it, because there aren't enough "bones" in the area. For example female breasts have separate bones, so we can adjust them rather freely, but there are no separate bones for the buttocks, so the only option is, to scale the whole pelvis area and move it a bit backwards so the "bulge" at the front doesn't get bigger, too. And unfornuately there is no option, to make it less pointy or more pointy, I can only resize it.

Anyway, I tweaked the values a little, so it will hopefully look better in the release version.


agree with this the butt slider needs to be broken up into multiple sliders.
as it is it just makes it bigger with out being able to give it any defenition

you can't create that jessica beil look.

I have delphy's multy breast sliders, also installed, and I am able to use both the single slider and the multy ones together, you have the ability to get a bit more natural look using them all.

on the very 1st shirt I have had some issues , it sort squares up the breast area of the shirt, but every thing else has looked great.
Scholar
#34 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 11:53 PM
I tried it and it works absolutely fine, but some dresses and outfits come out somewhat flat and pointy and the thighs and the waist conflicts with the head and lower legs(just like Delphy's breast sliders) like everyone said here already. other than that awesome, no more flat butts and bring on more pear shaped figures!.
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost1977
agree with this the butt slider needs to be broken up into multiple sliders.
as it is it just makes it bigger with out being able to give it any defenition


As I said, this is impossible. The butt uses the same bone as the rest of the pelvis, so if I "move" the butt, the whole pelvis including the front parts are moved. And that just looks stupid. So unless you add a new bone and change all meshes (and probably all animations), I can't do anything about it.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#36 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 1:02 AM
Technically, the only way to get that definition is to make a slider that works based on the geometry itself, and not the bones - ie the same way the Elf ears work (via a new BGEO). But thats actually way more complex than just adjusting bones.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 5:05 AM
Nice mod. Is is possible to adapt these to give male sims more muscular arms/chests/ backs?
Test Subject
#38 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 12:04 PM
I absolutely love these! I have a question. This isn't a request, I'm just curious if it's even possible. Can shoulder width be adjusted with a slider, or is it tied to something else?
Test Subject
#39 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 3:44 PM
hey i've been testing out the sliders on different sims with a lot of different settings and one thing im noticing is that when the butt slider is put at max, it looks normal but in dresses the dress tends to get pointy. has anyone else noticed this?
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 5:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araenna
Can shoulder width be adjusted with a slider, or is it tied to something else?


Shoulders should be easy, but let me finish and upload these sliders first.

And we really need an additional body category for the CAS sliders.

When installing all possible sliders, several areas have already met their internal limit of 20.

Head: Free 4, Used: Pointy Ear: 3 + Head size: 1 + Height: 1 = 5 (already 1 too much)
Mouth: Free: 9, Used: Delphys Breast sliders: 5 + My Sliders: 4 = 9 (full)
So the only free spots are the nose and the eyes each with 4 free slots. This isn't much, and if I or others now do sliders for shoulders, arms, legs and missing areas in the head, we are running out of space very fast. Additionally, I hate it to place sliders in the wrong area.
Ms. Byte
#41 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 8:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphy
Technically, the only way to get that definition is to make a slider that works based on the geometry itself, and not the bones - ie the same way the Elf ears work (via a new BGEO). But thats actually way more complex than just adjusting bones.


I thought about that too - VERY briefly. Due to the nature of the game every single body and bottom mesh would have to have a butt morph added, and more than one if you want a lot of individual variation. (Unless you want to settle for your Sims having an adusted butt in some clothes and not others.) To do that for teen through elder would be an insane amount of work. The elf ears were possible because each age/gender uses a single face, but it was still a lot of work to do three morphs each for 10 age/genders and 3 lods = 90 meshes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonha
Shoulders should be easy, but let me finish and upload these sliders first.

And we really need an additional body category for the CAS sliders.

When installing all possible sliders, several areas have already met their internal limit of 20.

Head: Free 4, Used: Pointy Ear: 3 + Head size: 1 + Height: 1 = 5 (already 1 too much)
Mouth: Free: 9, Used: Delphys Breast sliders: 5 + My Sliders: 4 = 9 (full)
So the only free spots are the nose and the eyes each with 4 free slots. This isn't much, and if I or others now do sliders for shoulders, arms, legs and missing areas in the head, we are running out of space very fast. Additionally, I hate it to place sliders in the wrong area.


I'm adding my vote for shoulders.

Is it even possible to add a category panel or are they hard-coded?

AwesomeMod increases the limit for each category, so we know that's possible. I've been toying with the idea of trying to make a standalone mod to increase the limit, for people who don't want to use Awesome. I've never even tried core modding but maybe something relatively simple like this might be a good place to start. (Unless someone else is working on it?)

Within the normal ranges all your adjustments look great, Jonha. I did notice the hands moving with the waist adjustment, and wondered if the hands could have their bone weights changed to decrease that effect.
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
I thought about that too - VERY briefly. Due to the nature of the game every single body and bottom mesh would have to have a butt morph added, and more than one if you want a lot of individual variation. (Unless you want to settle for your Sims having an adusted butt in some clothes and not others.) To do that for teen through elder would be an insane amount of work. The elf ears were possible because each age/gender uses a single face, but it was still a lot of work to do three morphs each for 10 age/genders and 3 lods = 90 meshes.



I'm adding my vote for shoulders.

Is it even possible to add a category panel or are they hard-coded?

AwesomeMod increases the limit for each category, so we know that's possible. I've been toying with the idea of trying to make a standalone mod to increase the limit, for people who don't want to use Awesome. I've never even tried core modding but maybe something relatively simple like this might be a good place to start. (Unless someone else is working on it?)

Within the normal ranges all your adjustments look great, Jonha. I did notice the hands moving with the waist adjustment, and wondered if the hands could have their bone weights changed to decrease that effect.


Have you [or anyone else] tried the AwesomeMod yet? I've tried it and it didn't seem to increase the limit of sliders for me. Although anything above the 20 limit threshold shows up, they still have no effect... all the other features seemed to work though.

If you want to make a standalone core mod, I believe the variable you have to change is in the UI.dll -> CASFacialBlendPanel -> kMaxSliders... I'm not a 100% sure since I can't seem to get it to work.
Ms. Byte
#43 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 4:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3Z
Have you [or anyone else] tried the AwesomeMod yet? I've tried it and it didn't seem to increase the limit of sliders for me. Although anything above the 20 limit threshold shows up, they still have no effect... all the other features seemed to work though.

If you want to make a standalone core mod, I believe the variable you have to change is in the UI.dll -> CASFacialBlendPanel -> kMaxSliders... I'm not a 100% sure since I can't seem to get it to work.


No, I haven't actually tried it - just assumed if Pescado says it is so, it is so. Anyone else?
Test Subject
#44 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 5:42 AM
I use AwesomeMod, the sliders work fine for me. Mine is even set to 5 and I have no problem.
I do agree that the shoulders need help now. They appear kinda broad on males. I always use the breast sliders to make it kinda even out with females.
Instructor
#45 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 12:38 PM
Fantastic! I look forward to trying these out. Thanks, jonha.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#46 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 5:17 PM
kMaxSliders is the correct thing to change. With regards to the category - that'd require a hell of a lot of work to figure out the UI xml files, but I guess with enough time and effort could be done. But you'd have to link in sliders manually, as there is no way for the game to load sliders automatically outside of the existing method.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 7:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphy
kMaxSliders is the correct thing to change. With regards to the category - that'd require a hell of a lot of work to figure out the UI xml files, but I guess with enough time and effort could be done.


I just looked into the UI XML stuff, and was able to make room for a new category. After I added an additional button, all the buttons on the left had been disbaled. So I assume, there is some internal code, that prevents one from adding new buttons (or only works, if you don't change their number). I didn't looked into the core code, yet.

Anyway, the xml part seems to be no major problem.

Quote:
But you'd have to link in sliders manually, as there is no way for the game to load sliders automatically outside of the existing method.


So this would need a core mod?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#48 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 7:56 PM
jonha: Yeah I got about as far in my testing a while back. Modifying the UI XML seems to play merry buggers with the buttons.

Changing the kMaxSliders would require a core mod, yes, but then you couldn't use it with AwesomeMod, etc.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 11:06 PM
You wouldn't necessarily need a core mod to change the max sliders, you could--by exceptionally convoluted means--make a new object that would activate an entirely separate instance of CAS. However, I suspect that doing that would mean that you could never again edit that sim--and any genetic progeny--in the original CAS mode. But I digress form my original purpose of posting.

I've been working in the core script in failed attempts to add a clothing category (specifically a nude category because I hate how the game removes my Sim's tattoos and Bloom's Sexy feet when in the shower); but I never thought to look for an XML controller for CAS mode. Anyways... I think both projects may benefit, since so far, I've been able to get the game to load CAS with the sim in the shower-naked state, but have never been able to add buttons; and you guys have been able to add new button references to the XML.

I will go tear apart the DLLs again this evening to look for the slider methods to see how the core handles populating them. In the mean time, jonha, would you mind posting your modified sliders XML?
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez Delnava
I will go tear apart the DLLs again this evening to look for the slider methods to see how the core handles populating them. In the mean time, jonha, would you mind posting your modified sliders XML?


As said before, after adding a button in the XML file, the game didn't resond anymore on botton clicks on the left 5 buttons, so no chance to actually see the button. The file I changed was S3_025C95B6_00000000_3991095738CFC056_CASFacialDetails%%+LAYO in UI.package.

I attached the package I used for testing, but as I said, it didn't work. (I tried with different ControlIDs and Comments). Maybe this will help you, to find out what's going wrong. My button starts after the empty line in line 746 and goes to the next empty line (l. 844)

To everyone: Please don't install this package unless you know what you do, because it will break your game!
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip experimental.zip (4.9 KB, 175 downloads) - View custom content
Locked thread
Page 2 of 7
Back to top