Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 1542 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 8:10 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 27th Nov 2019 at 12:32 PM.
Default Group Meal Text List? (Food)
I'm working on some food default replacements (both mesh and texture) and I wanted to edit the names too so I extracted text lists and they work just fine. They don't alter the names under "make group meal" though for some weird reason. Does someone know where I can find and extract the text list(s) for this option?

Edit: and now I see I might have posted in the wrong section. Oooops.

Edit 2: I found this after some searching in SimPE:

but I have no idea what it means ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can find more of my downloads over at my tumblr: https://vegan-kaktus.tumblr.com/downloads
Advertisement
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 5:06 PM
It should be listed in either a BCON or another STR. Use the Finder tab to search out the other resources. Use the TGI and input the Group hex value to search. Should bring up the other resource.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 9:07 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 28th Nov 2019 at 5:37 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
It should be listed in either a BCON or another STR. Use the Finder tab to search out the other resources. Use the TGI and input the Group hex value to search. Should bring up the other resource.

ohhh I see! I'll try it out!

Edit: is this the group value?


because when I search with that I get very, very mixed results:

(+ many more) so I assume I'm not searching properly haha.

You can find more of my downloads over at my tumblr: https://vegan-kaktus.tumblr.com/downloads
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#4 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 11:20 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 30th Nov 2019 at 11:39 AM.
0x1C0532FA This is rather generic group in the game files, what you want is the group reference for the specific item. I usually use the bcon/str number that is in the cloned file, which for the hamburger is 0x7FE6CB82.

So the [Text Lists] that lists the name when cloning the hamburger are the ones you changed? And they don't alter when making a group meal? The $Object is pulling from the food object, and is usually from a str. And $NameLocal:0 is pulling from a value passed in a bhav. The str you showed above is going to be a global for all group meals.

EDIT: I see I never cracked this group meal issue, my pumpkin pie upload still uses the original Berry Pie text for group meals. hrm
Inventor
#5 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 3:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
I see I never cracked this group meal issue, my pumpkin pie upload still uses the original Berry Pie text for group meals. hrm


That's because the catalogue description is still Berry Pie, I think you forgot to change it. $NameLocal:0 is the name (catalogue description) of item Local:0.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 3:37 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 30th Nov 2019 at 4:42 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
0x1C0532FA This is rather generic group in the game files, what you want is the group reference for the specific item. I usually use the bcon/str number that is in the cloned file, which for the hamburger is 0x7FE6CB82.

So the [Text Lists] that lists the name when cloning the hamburger are the ones you changed? And they don't alter when making a group meal? The $Object is pulling from the food object, and is usually from a str. And $NameLocal:0 is pulling from a value passed in a bhav. The str you showed above is going to be a global for all group meals.

EDIT: I see I never cracked this group meal issue, my pumpkin pie upload still uses the original Berry Pie text for group meals. hrm

Ahh I see! Thank you for the explanation. I still have much to learn :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hatch
That's because the catalogue description is still Berry Pie, I think you forgot to change it. $NameLocal:0 is the name (catalogue description) of item Local:0.

I haven't changed the catalog description either, whoops. I have to try it out!

Edit: it worked!! Changing the catalog description altered the name under "group meals". Thank you both so so much for always replying and helping me with my dumb questions, I can't thank you both enough!

You can find more of my downloads over at my tumblr: https://vegan-kaktus.tumblr.com/downloads
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#7 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 4:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hatch
That's because the catalogue description is still Berry Pie, I think you forgot to change it. $NameLocal:0 is the name (catalogue description) of item Local:0.


Oh, my! That's it? Thank you!
Back to top