Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 1:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Cannot Find Game Data Error
I have read COUNTLESS threads on what to do when this error message occurs, so I don't post a duplicate thread lightly! When opening Create a World I see the "Sims 3 game data was not found" error before it crashes. I have only the original Sims 3, installed to Libraries-Documents-Electronic Arts from a cd. I have Installed and Uninstalled CAW countless times, saving it to the automatic save file, to libraries-documents-electronic arts, to libraries-documents-electronic arts- the sims 3, and it repeatedly gives me this message. I downloaded the most up to date version of CAW from the sims3 website, there are no updates or patches available, it is all up to date, and I have followed instructions from every thread I could find to try and get this working, including using revo to uninstall, etc. I really hope someone can give me an answer to get this working. I am on a brand new PC using Windows 8.

Man technology can be stressful! Any help is very much appreciated!
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 6:58 AM
It could simply be because you are using Windows 8.

I don't know what the Windows 8 directory structure is (I don't have Windows 8 or I'd look into it for you) and it could be a simple case of the game not finding what it's looking for because it's pathed differently.

I'd take this one to EA forums and ask there.