Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default The Sims 3 Patch Downloader
Hello everyone, i'm having a problem with 'The Sims 3 Patch Downloader'. i've used it before without any problems.
When i opened today it showed this:

So i tried to update the base game, the only problem is that, when i click the 'download all' button, nothing happens.
I also clicked the ' get content patch' button and it says 'store content patch successfully installed' but then nothing happens, everything is still the same. Isn't the installed version and updated version supposed to the same?

Am i doing something wrong?

If anyone knows, i appreciate a reply
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 4:55 PM
What version are you using? I have 3.2.2.0 and it's looking okay.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 4:56 PM
Your game has the last patch.

There is no more patch after 1.67.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
What version are you using? I have 3.2.2.0 and it's looking okay.

i can't see the version on the program, but i downloaded it again today , so i guess it's the latest one.

Quote: Originally posted by robingravel
Your game has the last patch.

There is no more patch after 1.67.

I know 1.67 is the latest but i'm getting confused cause i have .024017 and it says the update version is .024007....

I also can't see the thumbnails is tsr workshop, wich usually happens when an update is missing, even if it's a minor update.

I forgot to mention the expansions also had a different number (meaning they needed an update), the first time i clicked 'download all', i guess it updated the expansion packs but not the base game.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 5:43 PM Last edited by PoisonFrog : 23rd Oct 2014 at 6:00 PM.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Versions

Just the patch protocol is different. All mine have 0 protocol.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by venusprincess100
i can't see the version on the program, but i downloaded it again today , so i guess it's the latest one.

It shows when you look at the properties of the mod. I don't have the latest one, so maybe there's a bug of somekind in the newest version. If you need it, I could upload the older version or you could use the superpatch, as well.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PoisonFrog
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Versions

Just the patch protocol is different. All mine have 0 protocol.

oh i see, i had no idea what the numbers meant.

Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
It shows when you look at the properties of the mod. I don't have the latest one, so maybe there's a bug of somekind in the newest version. If you need it, I could upload the older version or you could use the superpatch, as well.

Mine is 3.2.3.0. If you don't mind uploading the version you have, i would apreciate it, just to give it a try.
Is the super patch like a manual patch?
Alchemist
#8 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by venusprincess100
Mine is 3.2.3.0. If you don't mind uploading the version you have, i would apreciate it, just to give it a try.
Is the super patch like a manual patch?

Sure, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/download/w..._downloader.zip

Yes, superpatch is a manual patch.
http://simsvip.com/2014/01/24/sims-...ate-1-67-12414/
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 1:08 PM
Thank you so much for uploading it, i will give it a try

edit:
The same thing happens with that version of 'The Sims 3 Patch Downloader', so i guess the game is fully updated, it just has a different protocol number like PoisonFrog said. I suppose it's normal.

Anyway thank you so much for the help :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 2:05 PM
You could try using the download selected option in the Patch Downloader and just download the update for the base game. I don't know that it will solve your compatibility problem, but it may, as the wiki describes the 1 protocol as sometimes being a special in house build. I would think that TSR likely used the 0 protocol when they built Workshop, but this is more speculation than substance on my part.

You could make a savepoint on Windows System Restore before trying it, though in truth I've always thought system restore was about equal in quality to an EA game.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 2:29 PM
You could try using the download selected option in the Patch Downloader and just download the update for the base game.

i also tried that and it doesn't work either, i also installed again the manual patch and it's still the same.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 3:33 PM
By manual patch, you mean the 1.67 superpatch varpunen suggested? The superpatch set all my updates to 0 protocol, though I had to update a couple expansions with the Patch Downloader afterwards.

If nothing else works, you can try the dreaded reinstall, being careful to avoid reusing whatever updated your base game to version 1.67.024017 last time. I'd superpatch after completing the reinstall, and then check all the version numbers to make sure they are current. Make a copy of your Documents/Electronic Arts folder(and any other special folders you might have) prior to uninstall.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:16 PM
By manual patch, you mean the 1.67 superpatch varpunen suggested? The superpatch set all my updates to 0 protocol, though I had to update a couple expansions with the Patch Downloader afterwards.

If nothing else works, you can try the dreaded reinstall, being careful to avoid reusing whatever updated your base game to version 1.67.024017 last time. I'd superpatch after completing the reinstall, and then check all the version numbers to make sure they are current. Make a copy of your Documents/Electronic Arts folder(and any other special folders you might have) prior to uninstall.

Yes, when i installed again the superpatch 1.67, it says something like "your game already has that update would you like to continue instalation?" and i pressed yes, and it's the same.

I think i'll just leave it like this. re-installing takes to much time