Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 5:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Insect spawners keep appearing on lot
I have been playing Island Paradiso for a while now, have purchased the first resort you can buy and turnrd it into a super-luxe one. Before I did that I noticed customers kept complaining about bugs ------> I found a bug spawnner that was there by default and deleted it. Everything was A-okay for a long while but suddenly, since yesterday cockroach spawners started appearing on my resort for no reason! I have to keep deleting them frequently! I don't know what could be causing it ( I initially suspected filth might be a reason but it doesn't make sense as it never happened on any other save before and I also make sure my resort is squeaky clean!).

Any ideas ?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 5:29 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...em/td-p/1302060

That is not helping because it merely explains how to delete the spawners (which I'm already doing). The thing is I need to stop them from respawning (they shouldn't be!) !
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 2:30 PM
I haven't played with resorts yet so I can't say for sure, but I'm going to guess this reappearing bug spawner is a part of the resort gameplay until the reputation dictates otherwise. Do you have a 5-Star resort? According to this topic, someone already figured out how the resort lot type plays concerning bug spawners. https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...obarts-hideaway

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I haven't played with resorts yet so I can't say for sure, but I'm going to guess this reappearing bug spawner is a part of the resort gameplay until the reputation dictates otherwise. Do you have a 5-Star resort? According to this topic, someone already figured out how the resort lot type plays concerning bug spawners. https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...obarts-hideaway

Yes I HAD a five-star resort until the bug spawners started appearing and now its a 4.5 star resort (it may even be the other way around, not 100% sure). However, shouldn't this be happening BEFORE I reach 5 stars ? When I deleted the first spawner the resort was still at one-two stars MAX and they never appeared until now.

As for this thread, the OP states how they aren't able to delete the roaches (which I can do). Also, They state how the problem was resolved after gettiing the 5-star resort (also done and have the island to prove it!). Now sound the irony bell about how my problem (roaches complaints and all) started while STILL (probably) in the 5-star zone and now it caused slight drop of my star-grade (still most reviews are 5-star though!) !
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 8:31 PM
Like someone mentioned on that topic, Writin_Reg, it may be likely that you cannot CHEAT when you run a resort. So in a sense, you may have broken the correct order of events when you deleted the spawner at one-two star(s) instead of going through the proper gameplay. Whether that is the actual culprit of your issue, I do not know, but seems plausible under the circumstances you mentioned. Which may be why the OP on that topic got their problem solved because they claimed they did not cheat.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 12:20 PM
Update! So I might have found a work-around for the issue. The spawnwrs have been on/off constantly and I think it is tied to my star reviews because I've been switching between 4.5 and 5 stars lately (customers complain about the resorn being dirty even when there re no bug spawnners around and everything is prristine clean/not broken so IDKW). I tried moving the spawner into the ocean which partly works but ultimately I think I managed to "trick" the game into thinking there are roach spawners on the lot by replacing the spawner with another "beetle" type spawner that doesn't cause any issues. I might need to go back to 100% confirm it though.